Status: Discontinued

There's No Such Thing as Too Young

Not My Day

You’re still going to get

Criticized, so you might

As well do whatever the

Fuck you want

*

“Look, it’s the little fag.” I sighed deeply. “Where you goin’?” I ignored him and continued walking to class. I’m only in 7th grade for Christ sakes I don’t need this. “Hey fag! I’m talking to you!” I felt him pull my arm back with a sharp tug. Not today, please. By now, there was a little group of kids around us and no teachers. Just my luck. “I don’t like you.” I nodded. “What? You can’t talk. Did someone fuck your mouth so hard, you lost your voice?” the group of kids laughed and I quickly felt my eyes burn.

“Leave him alone Ronnie.” I heard Jack say.

“Stay out of this Fowler.”

“He didn’t do anything to you.”

“Matt, go take care of Fowler while I take care of this little fag.” Where the hell are the teachers?
Matt punched Jack in the gut, causing him to bend over and groan. I saw his leg swing back and, thanks to some magical being, I jumped on his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled his hair back. Jack quickly punched him square in the jaw, which made us fall backwards. If you didn’t know already, I’m tiny so having someone the size of Matt fall on me will hurt. Like hell. He quickly got up and he was in a boxing match with Jack. Ronnie began kicking me in the stomach and I used my arms to block him. Be kick ass. I heard Vic whisper in my ear. When I saw Ronnie’s foot come back, I latched myself onto it. I bit his ankle through his pants; when I removed my mouth I saw blood seeping through. Oops.

“I WANT ALL OF YOU IN CLASS RIGHT NOW!” I heard a voice boom through the hallways. I quickly let go of Ronnie and we moved away from each other. Jack and Matt were still fighting so Ronnie pulled Matt away while I sat on Jacks feet to prevent him from moving. “I want the four of you boys in my office right now.” We each picked up our belongings and began walking. “I shall be calling your parents and we’ll discuss your punishment.” When we got to the office, I saw Mrs. Hills sitting at the desk and when she saw me, she didn’t look too pleased. “Ronnie, Matt, sit here. Kellin and Jack, I want you boys over there.” When the principle went in his office, Jack turned to talk to me.

“Sorry Kellin. I didn’t think we would end up fighting.”

“It’s ok.” I whispered.

“My parents are gonna be so mad though. What about you? Will your mom be mad?” I shrugged my shoulder in response but I guess that was good enough for him. Principle Holland called in Ronnie, so while I waited, I rested my head against Jacks shoulder and closed my eyes. After thirty minutes, I felt someone shake me. “Kells, I gotta go in. I’ll be out here in a bit.”

Fifteen minutes later, I was called in and I was shaking from nerves. “Please sit Kellin.” I sat quickly and looked around the office. It kind of reminded me of the offices you’d see in movies where it’s on a college setting. “Kellin, can you please tell me what happened?”

“I-I was walking to cla-ass and Ronnie was calling me a f-fag and I ignored him, then I felt someone p-pull me by the arm and it was him and Matt. Jack-k told them to le-leave me alone but they di-didn’t. Ronnie told M-Matt to take care of him and Matt punched him in the stomach. Ja-Jack bended over in p-pain and I guess that triggered me to jump on Matt’s b-back and pull his hair back. Jack then pun-punched him in the stomach, making us both fall backwards and Matt fell on me. Then R-Ronnie began kicking me in the stomach and I us-used my arms to defend myself but when that didn’t work, I-I grabbed his foot and bit his ankle.”

“Ok, thank you. Please take a seat outside.” I got up and sat next to Jack. Another thirty minutes later, two women came in, followed by a man and then my mother. All four didn’t look to happy, but who would when you’re at work getting calls about your child fighting. “May the four parents come in?” Holland called from his office.

It felt like hours until the parentals came back out. The man was red in the face while the other two mothers looked aggravated.

“Mathew, let’s go.” The man said through clenched teeth. Matt nodded fiercely and ran out the office.

“Ronnie, I don’t know what I’m going to do with you!” one of the women shouted. “This is the last straw, you’re moving with your father!” It looked like Ronnie was actually happy about the threat.

“Jack, you’ll have to wait for your father to come home so we can think of a punishment. I want your phone, computer, and any other electronic devise. Say bye to Kellin and let’s go.”

“Bye Kells. I’ll see when I see you.”

“I am very disappointed in you Kellin. After all I’ve done and this is how you pay me?” my mother scolded. My eyes began to water up. I never meant to disappoint my mom but I was defending myself. She saw the tears threating to fall and she quickly winked at me. “Pick up your things and lets go.” When we were out by the car, she pulled me into a hug. “I’m not disappointed in you sweetie.”

“What?”

“Whose blood was on the young boys pants?”

“His.” I mumbled.

“Did you cause it?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry.”

“As long as it wasn’t yours I’m good.” We got in the car and began driving home.

“You’re not mad that I got in trouble?”

“Of course I am but it wasn’t your fault. You did what I always told you to do and that was walk away. When that boy would not leave you, alone he got what was coming to him. I am proud of you. Next time though, try not to get caught.”

“So all that back there in the office was fake?”

“Yeah and speaking of office, the principle is letting you off with a warning because it was self-defense and because you never caused any trouble before. So, what are you in the mood to eat?”

*

“Mom, why’d you make a lot of soup and pizza rolls? Are we having people over?” I asked as I served myself some noddle soup and little pizza rolls.

“Oh, just because … speaking of because, by the time you’re asleep; I’ll have to be at work.”

“Asleep, like, knocked out or barely closing my eyes?”

“Knocked out, anyways, eat up because … yeah, just eat up.” Something isn’t right here.

“Are you ok mom? You’re acting weird.”

“It’s nothing sweetie, just eat then I want you to shower and go to sleep.”

“It’s Friday mom and I was supposed to talk to Vic today.” I whined.

“Oh well, I think Vic will understand.”

“Fine, but I’m not happy.” There’s no use in fighting because it’ll just piss her off. “Can I at least know why you’re so jumpy today?”

“You’ll see in the morning, which I won’t be here because, Mrs. Hill wants me to dye her hair.”
When we were done eating, my mom washed the dishes and I showered. I changed into Vic’s sweater and some boxers. Today is not my day. First, I get in trouble then I have a surprise that I won’t know about until I wake up. I checked on the little bunnies and they had food and water. Once that was taken care of, I turned all my lights off and crawled into bed.

I just have to wait until Christmas to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was my mom's reaction to when I got called into the office for fighting. Except I didn't bite someone, I punched the person in the jaw. Opps.