Between the Sword and the Wall

Truth is

- Ben, help Alaina to my car, we’re going to the hospital – She tried to sound as calm as possible
- What? Why?
- She doesn’t feel good at all, we should and check with a doctor, she might be dehydrated – Benedict didn’t ask more and helped Alaina who said nothing on her way to the hospital, even when Benedict asked her things she just answered with her head, Alaina got to the hospital and the doctor went inside the building to get some exams, Benedict and Amanda stayed in the waiting room.
- Specifically what did she told you that you look so worried now? – Said finally Benedict.
- Okay Ben, first take a sit, this might be hard but judging from her symptoms she might be pregnant
- What?!
- She was sick, she threw up and has a bump in her belly so might be already have a couple of months of pregnancy
- That… can’t be, she takes pills – His eyes started to move fast, like he was looking for a proper answer.
- Well maybe she forgot one day
- I’m not ready to be a father
- You are already a father
- Yes but… this is different, I can’t handle this I’m not ready
- You have to be, she needs you know and you can’t leave her again – Benedict stood impatient, he wanted to see Alaina, he wanted to hear from the doctor if Amanda was right or not, he needed answers, the doctor finally came with Alaina on a wheel chair.
- Doctor, how is she?
- Are you guys related with her?
- I’m his boyfriend… sort of, Benedict Cumberbatch, she’s a friend
- There’s no direct relative here?
- We a have a so I common, is that enough? – The doctor looked at him doubting a little bit.
- Well Mr Cumberbatch, Alaina has a virus so she’ll need to take some antibiotics and she should be fine in a week, make sure she drinks a lot of water and eat light things, nothing with fat – Benedict breathed relieved, Amanda smiled at Alaina who was also happy that it was just a flu.
- Thank you doctor, I’ll take care of her – Benedict completed the last papers for her and they got out of the hospital.
- Congratulations, you’re not pregnant – Said Amanda, Alaina laughed relieved, but Benedict kept thinking about it, did he deep in his heart wanted it to be positive? Once they got to Amanda’s house, Alaina got in the bed and drunk some tea, she was feeling way better now that she knew it was all a false alarm.
- What did the doctor say about the bump on your tommy?
- It’s just swallow because of the virus
- You look much better now – Benedict looked at her kind of sad – Was it really a baby bad news for you?
- I got scared, really scared
- Scared?
- Don’t blame me for not having full confidence in you
- I already said I’m sorry hundreds of times and I think I’ve been a great father by now
- Yeah it’s pretty easy now, but not the first years!
- I would never leave you again, for God’s sake! Are you ever let me get in your heart?! Am I ever having your trust again?
- You never had it – Alaina’s piercing eyes left Benedict speechless.
- Well… in that case we will never be a family, just two people with a kid conceived by the heat of one night stand
- He’s way more than that Benedict
- I think the same, but you make it look on a complete different way
- Go away, you making me feel sick – After that Alaina didn’t spoke to Benedict for the rest of the day, he left Martin’s home before lunch and Alaina left at sunset, this was not of the year was supposed to start.
- Andrew, Ben is coming for you in ten minutes are you ready? – During the last months it was very common that Benedict came for Andrew and take him to the park or movies, sometimes the three of them would hang out, they were slowly becoming a family, but between Alaina and Benedict wasn’t anything formal yet.
- Yes mom – Andrew looked at her hesitating but finally he decided to ask – Are you dating him?
- No honey
- Why not?
- Because we have… things to figure out, you won’t understand
- Would you ever date him?
- Maybe
- Then why do I spend so much time with him? You never did that with your other boyfriends – Alaina stood in silence for a while; this was not going to be easy.
- Honey you have always wondered what your father looks like, right?
- Yes – he said confused by the change of subject.
- Do you still want to know who he is? – He doubt for a while, after all these years was it worth?
- Yes… is he in London?
- Yes baby – She said with a broken voice, he looked at him with love and caressed his face and hair – He looks just like you Andrew and you carry his name
- His name is Andrew?
- No, his name is Benedict… Cumberbatch – His eyes went wide open, it was a mix of awesomeness and shock, he spent months with a man who he admired and it ended up being his own father.
- Ben…? My dad? – Andrew looked at her mother, she was sorry for telling him so late, and he didn’t know what to do.
- I’m sorry baby, I wanted the best for you – Suddenly the bell rang.
- It must be Ben – Said Andrew with a dull voice, the usual spark in his eyes was gone, he was about to hang out with his father like he did many times before, but now he didn’t know what to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaaand the big moment is finally here, I bet you were waiting for this moment for so long haha,
again thanks to all my readers, any opinion feel free to leave a comment (:
Friday is finall here!! Have a great weekend :D