Status: I'm back and re editing and adding and changing things 6/02/2022

Love Is Deaf, Not Blind

Chapter Twenty Two

He doesn’t hesitate kissing me back. It’s magic, the way his lips connect with mine. It was right, and somehow, among all of the dizziness and the clinging to him like a life line, something inside me changed, never to be reversed. This new feeling could be dwelled upon later, because, for now, I was content to feel his breath come and go with mine.

But all too quickly it ended. “Wow. Jocelyn…” I left him speechless! “I really like you.”

“I…like…you…too.” I lead forward to kiss him again but I see my mom storming across the lawn. She doesn’t look happy. I kiss his quickly again. “I…go…mom” I manage to say in my moment of panic.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow.” He blows me a kiss as I hurry out of the car.

“Where have you been! I was so worried.” Mom starts demanding at me the moment she believes I’m close enough to read her lips. She watches Jordan drive off and frowns. “Where is Jason?”

“That…why…I…late…he…left…without…me.” I stretch the truth a little.

Mom looks general scared by that comment because Jace would never just leave me somewhere.

“I can’t get a hold over him.” I can see tears in her eyes. “And why didn’t you answer me.”

“Phone…died.” Another lie what was wrong with me.

“Okay. Well go inside”’Food’s’ in oven.” I’m shocked for a moment when she does the sign for food. I smile and head in side. I turn back and she she’s already pulled out her phone.

I head inside look in the oven, lasagne one of my favourites. I grab my warm plate bare handed and scoff the food down burning my tongue as I do. I hadn’t ended up eating poppers with Andrew.

I was still confused about Andrew but Jordan liked me back! That made it easier for me to decide what to do.

Andrew was a lot older, actually it was illegal for me to date him. I knew tomorrow I’d have to face him but after the kiss with Jordan I was riding cloud nine.

Mom comes back in and sits next to me. “I called the police.” She holds her hand in the call hand signal even hearing people did.

“Is…it…that…bad?” I feel a little guilty for not worry about Jace, but it’s still hard for me to be upset and worried.

“Are you sure you don’t where he is.” She signs the word where. I hug her. I can’t believe what I’m seeing she’s signing to me! Sure it would be a while before we’d be able to have a conversation but this was the start.

**** **** ****

The police turn up nearly 3 hours later. I was question but I told them the truth. I had no idea where he was. I told them he sometimes when to our dad’s house, but a phone call crossed that out.

I spent the night sitting with mom in the living room, half waiting for the call that would tell us her was seriously injured or worse dead.

I wake up lending against mom. I hadn’t realized that I’d fallen asleep, the sky was beginning to lighten outside. Mom looks down at me and pulls me closer. She has tears slowly running down her cheeks.

I give her a tight squeeze, which she returns. “Any news?” I ask.

“No. They’re only now started looking for him.”

“Why?”

“He hadn’t been missing long enough.”

“That’s…bullshit.”

“I know, but they’re looking now. They’ll find him.” She gives me another hug. “I want you to stay home from school today.”

“But-“

“Please for me.” I can see she’s worried so I sadly agree.

“Can I…go to…bed?” I ask.

“Sure, Baby” She hugs and kisses me again. “If you need anything let me know.” I hug her again before heading up stairs.

I plug my now actually flat phone into the charge and turn it on. I have a message from Jordan, I open it straight away.

Miss u already ;) It was sent last night around the time I got home.

I miss u 2. Have u seen Jace? He didnt come home last night. I havent seen him since I left for school yesterday.

:C I saw him before class but he wasn’t in class. We had a fight, do u think its cause of me?

Im sure its not. Im not goin 2 school 2day. I’ll c u when I can. Xo

I’ll miss u XO

I crawl into bed worry about Jace, I hope he comes home soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) here you go. Next chapter in Jace' POV

Thanks for reading