Good to You

Chapter Twenty

I woke up the next morning to my phone going off. I groaned and rolled over, realizing Josh wasn't in bed.

I answered my phone and a girly voice immediately started talking.

"Jess! Have you forgotten about me?!" Of course it was Angela. "Vancouver has had enough time with you, come back home to me!"

I sighed and got up. I knew I hadn't told her my plan yet, I wondered how she would react.

"Well actually Ange, Josh and I were talking last night and....I'm moving in with him."

It was silent for what felt like an eternity, until she finally screamed into the phone. "YOU'RE WHAT? OH HELL NO JESSICA, OVER MY DEAD BODY. HE HAS ALREADY HURT YOU ONCE, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE WONT DO IT AGAIN? IF YOU MOVE OUT THERE, ILL HAVE TO GO WITH YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE ALRIGHT."

"Ange listen to me. I promise I'll be okay. Part of this record deal required me moving out here and this is really important to me so I'm going to do it, I'm sorry."

I felt bad being harsh, but I'd hope she'd understand.

I heard her sigh before she spoke up again. "Fine, but you better come
visit me whenever you can! And I'll come visit you too, maybe even move out there eventually, I'm getting sick of Ottawa."

I giggled. "Well, I'm glad you're not mad. But hey, this isn't goodbye yet. I still have to go back home to get my stuff."

"True that." She chuckled.

We talked a little more until I finally hung up to go look for Josh. As soon as I walked out of the bedroom, I was hit with an amazing smell coming from the kitchen.

Josh's back was towards me as he leaned over the stove. I wrapped
my arms around his waist and I felt him tense up until he realized it was me.

He spun around to face me. "Good morning doll." He said sweetly. I smiled up at him.

"Good morning love, what are you making?"

"I'm attempting to make pancakes." He chuckled.

I giggled and shook my head. "You can't make pancakes? I have no hope for you." He stuck his tongue out at me as I pushed him to the side. "I'll cook."

"No!" He took the batter away from me. "I want to cook, it'll make it more special."

I smiled at him. "Fine, just don't burn down the house."

A couple burnt pancakes later, Josh finally made some decent enough for us to eat.

After breakfast I headed over to the bathroom so I could get ready for my flight. Josh and I had agreed that I should go back home today to get some important things and then come back, since Josh's place would soon be my new home. I smiled at the thought.

As I was walking towards the door, Josh stopped me in my tracks.

"Can I help you?" I giggled.

"Yes, yes you can actually."

I eyed him suspiciously as he cocked his head towards the shower, smirking at me.

"Josh.." I playfully pushed him away.

"Come onnnn.." He groaned, pulling me towards him and gently began kissing my neck. I bit my lip to try and hide how much I was enjoying it.

"You sir, are incredibly insatiable."

"What can I say? You tempt me." He said in a devious voice.

He continued kissing at my neck until he reached my lips, holding my face gently in his hands. I pulled away and looked at him.

"Fine." I sighed.

After a long steamy shower, Josh finally let me get changed. We drove to the airport fairly quickly, and as we pulled up, a wave of sadness struck me. I knew I was only going to be gone for two days, but I would miss Josh terribly.

He got out of the car and came around to open my door. He noticed the look on my face and gave me a sad smile.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded slowly and sighed, trying to look away from him. He pulled my chin up and gave me a quick but sweet kiss.

We walked into the airport, hand in hand. Josh was wearing a hoodie and sunglasses, in case fans spotted him.

We reached my terminal and he spun me around to hug me tightly. I clung to him, breathing in his intoxicating scent. I felt tears threatening to spill over but I managed to keep them at bay. I'm sure Josh noticed this when he pulled away because he frowned. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I bit my lip. "I'm just..going to miss you."

He smiled at me and pulled me into another tight hug. "I'm going to miss you too," He said into my hair. "but, you'll be back in two days. And when you come back, you'll be staying for good." He grinned at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

"You always know how to make me feel better." I said hugging him one more time.

He pulled away, kissing me hard on the mouth. I tangled my fingers in his hair and pulled him closer to me, if that was even possible. We stopped to catch our breaths, and I noticed two girls a couple feet away from us with their hands over their mouths. I giggled to myself.

"I think you have some fans over there." I nodded towards them and Josh followed my stare, smiling at the girls, making them squeal.

"Oh god, well I'll let you go before they attack you too." He chuckled.

I sighed. "Okay.." I kissed him once more and walked towards my terminal. I turned around to wave and noticed Josh grinning at me.

"I'll be here when you get back my love!" He yelled over to me. I laughed and nodded.

I would definitely miss that freak.