Good to You

Chapter Five

I slept for most of my flight, and woke up just as the plane was landing. Josh said he'd pick me up from the airport so we could go straight to the studio. My heart pounded as I walked through the airport, searching for a tall guy with black and bright blue hair.

A couple of girls shrieked as they ran pass me and I gave them a puzzled look. I walked slowly towards where they ran and noticed a small circle of girls crowding around something. It was Josh.

He was signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone, until his eyes met mine. He smiled at me and waved; I smiled stupidly right back. I slowly made my way over, giving him time to finish meeting these girls. He walked over to me with that perfect smile still plastered on his face. "Ready to go?" I nodded.

As we made our way out of the airport, I noticed girls were looking at us. A couple of them were whispering among themselves and smiling, others were glaring. My face got red...did they think I was his new girlfriend?

We got to his car and he swiftly took my bags out of my hands to put into his trunk. I blushed and smiled, thanking him as I made my way into the passenger seat. He got in the car and we were on our way.

Josh drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the rest beside him. He looked so...perfect. I couldn't help but gaze at him. He cut off my train of thought when he spoke up. "Are you excited to record?" I nodded my head slowly. "Yeah, I've never been in a professional studio before so it should be fun." I smiled at him and he grinned. "Really? I find that hard to believe. Your voice is so incredible, I'm surprised no record labels have asked to sign you yet." I blushed a light pink and giggled at his statement. "I've never been one to sing in front of people really..I honestly never even thought you'd watch my video, I thought you'd have too many to watch so I wasn't as worried." I admitted. "So, that was your first time singing in front of people? At the concert?" I nodded and he looked shocked. "Well that's a good way to get rid of the fear." He chuckled to himself. "Why would you do that? If I were you, I would've at least sang in front of my family first." I bit my lip. "I could never miss an opportunity to sing with you.." And for the rest of the drive, he had a large smile planted on his face.

Once we arrived at the studio, we got right to work. I recorded the song and Josh played it back so we could hear the 'masterpiece' as he liked to call it. I was amazed. It sounded..really good. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was going to be featured in a Marianas Trench song. When the song was over, Josh looked over at me. "So, what did you think?"

I smiled. "It sounds really good. I like it."

He smiled back. "I love it, you did amazing. Thanks again for coming on such a short notice."

I shook my head. "It's no problem, thank you for even wanting me here in the first place."

"I'd be stupid if I didn't." Josh said smoothly, causing me to blush extremely. I'm sure he noticed, cause he giggled, putting his head down and peeking back up at me, smiling.

Mike came crashing through the door and startled me. Josh laughed at the sight of me jumping. "Sorry to scare you guys, how's the song coming along?"

"Really good, Jess is a pro."

I blushed again. I really needed to stop doing that.

"Well that's good to hear. So the boys and I wanted to go out for a couple of drinks tonight, would you like to come?" Mike asked, looking at me.

"Oh um.." Josh cut me off. "I could book a hotel room for you to stay in tonight, if you'd like. I mean, you kinda need to be here so we can film the video tomorrow." He laughed to himself.

"I was gonna book one for myself, I don't mind." I smiled sweetly at him but he shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, I'll pay," Josh turned back to Mike. "We'll be there." Mike grinned at both of us. "Good! See you tonight!" And with that, he left.

"T-thank you Josh, you really don't need to book me a hotel room though. I came with enough money to make sure I could." I giggled.

He shook his head and smiled. "Seriously I don't mind, it's the least I can do for having you come out here unexpectedly. But we should get going so I can do that and you can get settled, then I have to go back home and get Amanda to ask her if she wants to tag along." My stomach dropped at the sound of that. "Oh..alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts on the story so far? comment what you think! I'll be updating more soon ((: