Status: let's see xx

Have You Ever Known?

reminders

Whenever Dani went out with the guys before and I don’t feel like dressing up and going out, I have the excuse to not go with them: schoolwork. But with the absence of that, having catching up of TV—or maybe any other reason wasn’t an enough reason for Dani to let me stay the night.

And this day wasn’t any different.

So here I was, striding in the nightlife with my idiot friends who agreed to walk to a new bar they wanted to check out as if they weren’t famous at all. Luckily, nobody out that night cared and it was just a few blocks from the flat where we met.

Louis and Dani lead the way and I was behind them with Niall. Liam and Zayn couldn’t make it because they’re spending time with their girlfriends, which we all understood and Niall mentioned something about Harry meeting us there.

The huge man guarding the door eyed us as Louis nodded at him and removed the red velvet rope for us to get in. The pub was called Ooze and has a part of a dance floor and strobe lights everywhere and just looking at the crowd dancing there makes my head hurt.

This wasn’t our usual hangout place. They wanted to try something new while I am internally wishing we were in 81, where we typically drink our asses out, drinking Vodka mixed with Sprite or apple ale.

Niall guided me towards the other part, the quiet one where people are huddled in round tables and drinking beer. Louis and Dani told us they’re going to get drinks then dance, leaving us both in the table.

I was still taking in the place when I felt my phone vibrate in the pocket of my skirt. Sighing when I saw who it was calling, I excused myself from Niall who was busy with his drink anyway and nodding, “Go ahead, Pond.”

I stepped out, the music dying down and as soon as I slide my finger on the touchscreen of my phone, my mother’s voice boomed in my speaker. “I called to remind you about the wedding, Amelia.”

I tensed but rolled my eyes while I pace back and forth at the curb. “Hello, mom. I’m fine, thanks for not asking,” I teased, chuckling nervously as I scratch my chin and continued to admire the pattern of the sidewalk.

She chuckled which made me smile, “I’m sure you’re fine, I know you Lala.” I playfully rolled my eyes again hearing the nickname my family uses for me, which made me miss them. “And I know how you already recorded this on your list of whatever you’re up to—“

I cut her off, “Hey, stop insulting my lists, mom. And yes, how can I forget?”

I forgot.

How can I forget that? I was thinking how it slipped off my mind. It was my main priority—ah, until I was dragged into the trip. But I was not in the mood for my mother’s speech about forgetting “the most important event of my sister’s life” as she claimed, so I told her otherwise.

“Good, and your sister added you a plus one,” I stopped pacing instantly and shot my head up. “She said something about maybe bringing someone, told me she saw it online, I’m not sure—“ Wait, what? “She’s out of town with Kyle’s family by the way and she asked me to call you about this.”

Oh no.

“No, mom,” my voice coming out defensively, “there’s no need of that plus one.” I told her in a stern voice, as I leaned myself on the brick wall for support. I’m not drinking anything yet and I’m already feeling lightheaded.

“Amelia Dawn,” I scoffed at the use of my full name, which my mother snubbed and continued to talk. “If you’re shy or afraid your dad’s going to wait by the door with his gun when you and your boyfriend arrive, no need, I’ll give your dad a heads up,” she joked.

“Dad doesn’t even have a gun,” I smirked. “And I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Whatever you kids call it nowadays,” she pressed on. “Now off you go while off we sleep. I’m just reminding you, my stubborn child.”

I wanted to convince her about cancelling my plus one, but I knew she was already tired and I won’t ever win. If I’m pretty much convincing myself, wait for my mother and sister’s antics. I knew I didn’t have a say in the end of a conversation because they’ve already decided.

To answer her, I sighed, “Fine.”

I can already see her smile from here. “See you in weeks, at least you’re not here witnessing your sister stress out about her wedding shenanigans,” I laughed.

“I’m sure I’ll still witness it on the day I arrive,” My mother joined my giggles. “Bye mom, love you.”

“I love you too, sweetheart.”

The line went dead and I stared at my phone, still leaning on the wall. How the conversation with my mom happening just a few seconds ago tiring me already, I’m not sure if I can still keep up with the shots I promised Niall earlier.

I can always bring Dani with me to the wedding. She could be my plus one, besides, I remember informing her about this. I’d just invite her. Because bringing Harry would be chaos. I can already picture it—my sister smirking at me like she always does when she knows her point was the right one, my mother giving a questioning look but hiding it behind her smile and welcomes Harry instead and dad would give him the cold shoulder trying too hard being the protective father he claims he was.

I felt someone poked me that made me turn around. “What are you doing here?” I asked Harry who was giving me a confused look.

“Me? What are you doing here?”

“Well Dani wanted me to come with you guys, so—“ I said shrugging.

He chuckled, putting an arm loosely over my shoulder, “I meant, here, outside?”

I was trying not to mind that his freaking arm was in contact with my neck and bare shoulders sending shivers down my back and his fingers slightly touching my arm as we walk. “Oh, uh, I was on the phone.”

He simply nodded and the conversation was dropped. We were awkwardly walking towards the pub once again—his arm still on my shoulder, this time like he was trying to keep me close to him, I might add.

I instantly escaped Harry’s arm once we’ve reached inside and literally ran to the dance floor to drag Dani who was dancing with Louis towards the restroom. She gave me a surprised look and hastily rubbed her wrist where I grabbed her. But instead of a snarky comment, she returned my flustered look with a lazy smile making her cheeks turn into a darker shade of pink from what she has been drinking.

“What’s up, ketchup?”

“I have a situation.” I said, gripping the edge of the counter of the sink for support. She gave me a look, asking me to go on.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Audrey gave me a plus one for the wedding; the wedding that I totally forgot, by the way. Because apparently, I forgot when we went to the supposedly getaway trip wherein I went out with Harry—but it wasn’t totally a date, but there were paparazzi around and the pictures leaked online. So now my family thinks I’m really dating Harry and decided to give that plus one and I don’t even have anything to wear yet. So will you be my plus one?”

She laughed at me hysterically; the laugh that she was holding her stomach and wiping the corner of her eyes and I just gave her a confused look. Her laughs died a little when she saw my reaction and patted my shoulders. “Listen, Amie. Relax. You can buy a dress before you leave, you still have plenty of time, I’m sure you’ll find one.”

Funny how out of the rant I’ve just said, that’s the only thing she remembered when I have a much bigger dilemma. I rolled my eyes and shifted my weight on my other leg as she gripped my shoulders to keep me in place. “And your whole proposal on the plus one thing was so out of the blue, but you know I can’t. I already agreed going out of town with Lou and his parents remember. Besides, what’s the harm in going with Harry?”

I gave her a distraught you-know-why look. “You like him again, don’t you?” She asked sincerely.

I gave her a stern look, “I’m not having that talk with you, stay focused with my situation.”

“Not yet,” she corrected. She looked like she wanted to say something more but when I crossed my arms, she sighed but thankfully dropped the subject. “Go with him then, as friends. Just ask.”

But a brilliant idea came up to my mind.

“Maybe Niall can go with me!” I interjected, completely ignoring her suggestion and all I got was her frustrated you’re-so-stubborn look and an eye-roll.

***

Niall didn’t want to go with me.

We were having our shots at the bar when I explained my little problem to him. I’m sure he wasn’t drunk yet, but he’s close to it so I was hoping he’d drunkenly agree to me. But to my dismay, he’s completely against taking Harry’s place as my plus one.

“I think it’s the perfect opportunityyyyy,” he said in between his giggles.

“And I think you’re just drunk, if I ask again tomorrow, will you agree?” I tried again as I downed another shot.

“Nooope because I want you to take Harry, ask him now, wait—HAZ! HARREH!” He shouted waving his hand in the air to get Harry’s attention. I spun the stool and saw Harry walking towards us with Louis.

I downed the last shot I have and glared at Niall, which he only laughed at. When the boys reached us, I scanned the room to find my best friend who was out of sight and Louis spoke to answer my silent question, “She’s just straightening up in the loo before we go. Harry’s going to drive us all clearly, since he’s the only one who brought car.”

I rolled my eyes, “wasn’t my idea to walk here. But yeah, okay, because Niall here’s starting to talk nonsense.”

“Talk nonsense or just not agreeing with you?” Louis provoked. I scoffed, “I just want things to go as I planned.”

He laughed at my response shaking his head and I held on his shoulder for support when I jumped off the stool. Dani appeared from the bathroom looking much better and giving me a questioning look. I gave her a sad smile and shook my head a little.

“Hey, I have an idea!” Louis said as he placed Niall’s arm—who was still finding things to be funny—over his shoulder. We all looked at him as Harry took it as a cue to reach Niall’s other arm for support. “Haz, let’s just sleepover at your house. Saves the time and gas and all that.”

“I’m up if you guys are up to that,” Harry answered looking at us, girls.

I reached Dani’s hand and gave it a squeeze, which she gave an assuring squeeze back. “Sounds good to me, Amie?” She looked at me and nodded.

I smiled and nodded, “Yeah, that’s fine.”

“So it’s settled then,” Louis smirked.

***

Harry’s house was a fifteen-minute drive from the bar. We were all silent inside the car, the music from the radio and Niall’s funny drunken slurs from time to time are the ones can be heard. We were all slightly intoxicated anyway, so I guess that’s why we didn’t mind.

The first thing the boys did when we arrived was tucking Niall in the guest room. They went back a few minutes after, already changed and have clothes in hand for us to change in.

I received too much clothes that it confused me. I changed in sweatpants and a sweater that are a little big for my size and can hide my feet and hands, which surprisingly made me comfortable. Folding the clothes that I didn’t use, I left it away from the sink and smiled to myself for doing good in the outcome of my folding. I tied my hair into a bun and washed my face and used the mouthwash I saw near the sink.

When I went out, I saw the couple hugging each other on Harry’s huge couch, already passed out. I walked towards them and smiled a little seeing Dani resting her head on Louis’ chest who had his mouth slightly open. I picked up the remote and turned the television off.

I sat on the part where the couple lying didn’t occupy and saw Harry walking downstairs, changed into a white shirt and basketball shorts with blankets and pillows on hand. I smiled at him as he gave me a toothy one and I whispered, “Why’d you give me too many clothes? Left them in your bathroom, by the way.”

His smile lessened, “Well, I didn’t know what you wanted to wear.” He lifted the table to the side and started arranging the blankets and setting up the pillows.

“These are a little big, but it’s okay. It’s comfy.” I gestured to what I was wearing, as he threw one of the pillows he’s arranging but I slyly took it and brought it on my lap and continued to watch him.

“Because all of my clothes are comfy and you’re tiny,” he said as he patted the blanket on the carpet to straighten it up. When he was done, he was sitting at the middle in a pretzel position and smirking at me.

“Not yet tired?” He asked.

I shook my head and dropped down to join him on the floor and his made up bed for the night. “Good, I still wanted to talk to you,” he said smiling.

My eyebrows met in confusion, “’bout what?”

“About anything.”

“O..kay?” I said slowly, still not sure where this is going. I brought one of the pillows on my lap and rested my chin on my hand. “So, what do you want to talk about right now?”

“Well,” he said, crossing his arms and using his one hand to scratch his chin, “First, I’m sorry I went out fast the other day when we woke up. I just—“ He paused and looked at me, then on his hands again, “I wasn’t really expecting to fall asleep I’m sorry I fell asleep.”

I shook my head, “No, no! That’s alright, you don’t have to say sorry. I fell asleep too, didn’t I?” I teased, smirking. He had his brows meeting in confusion, but when he looked up and saw my face, he gave a little smile. We burst out laughing and I put a hand on my mouth to try to muffle the sounds to try not to wake up the couple snuggling at our backs.

When the laughs died down, I’m not sure how we jump into the twenty questions we naturally have, but we did right after he told me when he stood up he’ll be back and when he returned, he was holding two mugs. He handed one to me, and sat back down to his pretzel position. It was tea when I lifted it up to my lips, which I find thoughtful really. Then, he was just throwing questions at me and I answered those questions either gesturing my hands or nodding my head agreeing, then I’d ask the questions back.

“What place would you visit, if you had the chance?” He asked, then, brought the mug to his lips, but still looking at me. I instantly smiled to his question, “Oh man, I have a proper list of the places I want to visit, but to specifically tell you a place, Antelope Canyon is one.”

“In Arizona? But your family lives there right? How come you’ve never been?” He said brows furrowed.

I goofily smiled, bringing my chin to rest on my knees, “Yes, I don’t know, we just never did when I was little or they already did without me because, well, I’m here. But don’t worry, I’m planning when I go visit again, which is really soon so I’ll have the chance then, right,” I wiggled my eyebrows.

“You? Go back to Arizona? When?” He said, eyes wide.

“Hey, I thought this was twenty questions, it’s my turn now.” I said reaching for my half empty mug and thought of the next question I’d ask him. After drinking, I set it down, “So since we’re talking about places, where’s the best tour experience you guys had?”

“All of them truly, but hm, Australia was fun,” he said without missing a beat, “my turn now, when are you going back to Arizona?”

I ignored him, “I’ve read something about Australia, I wanted to go to the famous Sydney Opera House, and it’s also in my list.” He nodded, not really paying attention as he was waiting for me to answer his question.

This was the chance where I can tell him about the plus one and to go with me. But I don’t even know how to explain that my family found pictures of us online and thought he was my boyfriend and drag him to that. True, we could go as friends and Harry’s fun to be with. But weighing in reasons for him to go with me and not, the latter is heavier.

So no, I didn’t grab it.

I hummed, “In less than three weeks actually, my sister’s getting married.” And you’re expected to come too as my plus one, but I bit back my tongue.

“Oh,” he said, nodding at the same time, “Lucky man, yeah? Tell them I said Congratulations.”

I rolled my eyes laughing, “You haven’t even met my sister yet, how do you know Kyle’s a lucky guy?”

“I’m sure your charm runs in the family,” He teased. I’m not sure what that meant, but I didn’t give it too much thought and just smiled back.

“So my turn?” I said promptly, to avoid the awkward air after that. He didn’t seem to mind, the huge smile on his face still etched. “Nope,” he said shaking his head.

I furrowed my brows because I was sure it was my turn. I was about to open my mouth to argue, but he beat me to it, “You asked me about Kyle being the lucky guy remember.”

Shutting my mouth instantly, “Oh.”

“Yeah, ‘oh’.” Harry teased again as I rolled my eyes. “Favorite breakfast then?”

I pretended to think about it for a minute, smiling to myself. “I’d say bacon, and OJ on the side please.” When I thought about it, I slapped Harry’s arm, “Ah Haz, that made me hungry!”

Harry laughed and I tried to muster an angry face at him, which failed when I burst out laughing too. Louis groaned at our backs, “Goodness, you two, stop flirting and go to sleep.” I instantly brought a hand over my mouth to lessen the sound of my giggles and also to cover the blush rising my cheeks.

Harry shook his head, the pink on his cheeks also evident as he put down the empty mugs on the table we removed earlier. I laid down, bringing a blanket until under my chin when I felt Harry doing the same.

“Not going back to your room where the comfy bed is?” I whispered, looking over at him. He was already looking at me, “Nah, what kind of fun sleepover would that be then, huh?” He smirked.

“Good night, Haz.”

“Sleep well, Amie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
OooOooh, i smell something fishy.

Hah, wasn't supposed to post this yet, but I thought 18 days was long enough for a new chapter. I'm on break right now but I've been busy with life and stuff and I think I'll still be in the next days.

Thoughts? xx