‹ Prequel: My Fallen Angel
Sequel: In the End

Die for You

Chapter 18

~Lacey's POV~

I stood in my dressing room, in a black and dark purple sleeveless corset dress that touched the floor, tonight was the finals on The Voice, my hair was in a braid down my back, I wore silver eyeshadow and red lips and I wore the diamond cross that Andy gave me, I had one black fingerless fish net glove on my left hand, I wore the gold knuckle ring with the claws on my right hand, which had Andy's nickname, 'Light' tattooed. Tonight, I was going to sing 'Keep Holding On' by Avril Lavigne. This song meant everything to me. This song fit my loving relationship with Andy and how he never ever left my side when I was going through everything with Blaze and how he was always there for me and gave me such undying love and affection. I sighed and smiled because for once, I could breathe without having a vice around me or a constant thorn in my side and it felt good. I could finally live my life with the one man who loves me more than anything and I love him more than anything and the one person who saved my life and cemented me into who I am now. For once, all the nightmares began to go away and I was finally put at ease and not on a pedestal. I also wore my Gothic tiara as well. I headed out onto the stage, because I was the last to perform. I headed out onstage after they played the clip of me working with Adam one last time on 'Keep Holding On'.

"Singing 'Keep Holding On' by Avril Lavigne, our last finalist, Lacey Biersack!" Carson Daly's cue went off and I began to sing:

"You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late, this could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend
Yeah, yeah

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

La da da da
La da da da
La da da da da da da da da

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Keep holding on
Keep holding on

There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through..."

I threw my heart and all the fire and passion that I had into my voice as I sang Keep Holding On and I kept my eyes on the one person in the crowd, that person was Andy, and he, Bam and Rob were up on their feet, applauding for me. I smiled and I took a bow. Adam, Christina, Cee Lo and Blake were also up and applauding as well before they sat back down on their chairs and the crowd died down.

"Lacey Biersack! Blown the roof off this place!" Carson Daly said. I chuckled softly as he approached my side. I took one last look at Andy, who was smiling at me and I blew him a kiss. "Any last words that you want to say to Adam, Lacey?"

"Adam," I said, on the verge of breaking down. "Thank you so so much for everything. It's been a real pleasure working with you."

Adam stood up and I went over to hug him tightly.

"It's been a real honor to work with you too, Lacey." Adam said. "Helping you improve your voice and letting others see your passion and the flame that you have inside of you and helping you build that, you are my shining star and it was a real pleasure."

I smiled brightly before I left the stage and when I did, I felt very happy with how well I did. It was definitely something that blew everyone away and even if I didn't win this thing, it would be something to remember. I headed into my dressing room after my interview. Andy, Bam and Rob were in the room, I took a deep breath and prayed that I would win this thing. Andy kissed my forehead and held me in his arms as we waited for my time to join the other finalist on the stage to find out who won.

"You did so well, Faith." Andy murmured. "Even if you don't win, you still made me so proud of you."

"Thank you, Light." I kissed his cheek and a soft smile came across his face, which made his icy electric blue eyes shine more.

"He has a point," Bam said. "You really rocked that stage, Lace. You obviously won in my book, dude."

Andy and Rob rolled their eyes as I giggled and I hugged Bam tightly.

"Thanks, Margera." I pecked him on the cheek, making him turn red and we all laughed.

"You got this one," Rob said. "You killed it and I can tell that you're going to win."

I smirked and Andy kissed my temple softly and he ran his fingers through my hair and it didn't take long before I was called back onstage and Andy let me go, but he kept my hand in his as we walked together. Andy gave me one last kiss and we pulled apart.

"Make me proud," He said. I nodded as he always said that before I left to perform onstage and I joined the other finalist, I think her name was Caroline or Cassadee or something like that and stood with her onstage. I stood, crossing my arms and I kept my fingers crossed and hidden in the nook of my arm.

"Well, America has spoken," Carson Daly said. "The winner of Season 3 of The Voice is... Lacey Biersack!"

My mouth dropped and tears fell down my face as confetti flew down to the stage. I won! I won! I covered my gaping mouth with my tattooed right hand, the crowd, Christina, Cee Lo, Blake and Adam were on their feet clapping. Adam hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. I couldn't believe it. I won. It took me a few moments to wrap my head around this, but it was all real. I had won The Voice and I couldn't be happier. I got hugged by Christina, Blake and Cee Lo. It was unreal, but it happened. That ended and I headed backstage and when I did, I got tackled by Rob and Bam. I chuckled and hugged them both.

"See? I knew you would win! I predicted it!" Bam said. "I'm so fucking proud of you, Lacey."

"Thank you, Bam." I replied.

"Great job, Lacey." Rob told me. "Congratulations."

I smiled and I then saw Andy. I squealed softly and leaped into his arms. Andy chuckled and he spun me around before setting me down. He leaned his forehead against mine and he kissed me deeply and passionately. I kissed him and wrapped my arms tightly around him. We broke apart and he stroked my face.

"You did it." Andy whispered. "I'm so proud of you, Faith. I love you."

"I love you too, Light." I murmured. "I really wouldn't have done this without you by my side."

He kissed me again, gently. He knew that that was true. Without him and my friends, I wouldn't have even considered doing this without their love and support and them being there with me through everything. I headed into my dressing room to change into my clothes, my Young And Reckless 'Start A Riot' t-shirt, my black jeans with white crosses and my Adio 'Dark Light' shoes. My hair was taken out of the braid and hung in ringlets down my back. Andy then pulled me to him after I had changed.

"I have a surprise for you," He said, before letting me go and extending his hand, his tattooed left hand and I took it with my tattooed hand. I had no idea what Andy had in store, and that was the best part. I hoped it was something so sweet and romantic. I gave him the keys to my Impala and we got into the car and he began to drive.

"What is it, Light?" I asked. A deep chuckle came through his throat and I giggled softly.

"You'll see, Faith. Just close your eyes," Andy said. "I'll let you know when we get there."

I sighed and then decided that closing my eyes would be nice, so I did. It wasn't long before Andy prodded me awake and I opened my eyes, we were in the woods and I looked around, curiously.

"What are we doing here, Light?" I said, getting out of the Impala after he locked the doors.

"I want to show you my very special place," Andy said. He grabbed his guitar out of the trunk, took my hand and he led me to what seems like a meadow in the middle of the woods, a meadow very similar to the meadow in Twilight, but this meadow had wild black and red roses growing and a river in the distance. It was breathtaking and beautiful. My jaw dropped in shock. It was so amazing.

"Light.."

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Andy replied.

"Yes. It's breathtaking." I told him. He and I walked to the middle of the meadow, there was a black blanket laying with black and red candles that were lit and I smelt the familiar scents of cinammon, strawberries and pine, coming from the trees around us. He then began to play the guitar and I heard the familiar chords of one song that I loved, 'In The Darkness' by Dead by Sunrise, which was Chester Bennington of Linkin Park's new band. Andy's eyes were on mine when he began to sing the song:

"I want to cut through my skin
And pull you within
My heart burns like the sun
As our flesh becomes one

In the darkness, my heart aches at the sight of you
Trembles and quakes within sight of you
In the darkness

Our bodies burning, tides are turning, somehow stopping time
What is becoming of my heart and mind?

In the darkness, all that you want from me, is all I have to give
In the darkness, coming so easily, learning how to live

In the darkness, all that you want from me, is all I have to give
In the darkness, coming so easily, learning how to live

I will surrender my sin
And give you control
Make me a martyr for love
Till the habits abide

In the darkness, my heart aches at the sight of you
Trembles and quakes within sight of you
In the darkness

Our bodies burning, tides are turning, somehow stopping time
What is becoming of my heart and mind?

In The Darkness, all that you want from me, is all I have to give
In The Darkness, coming so easily, learning how to live

In The Darkness, all that you want from me, is all I have to give
In The Darkness, coming so easily, learning how to live..."

Tears fell down my face as Andy finished singing. It was so sweet and so romantic. He smiled softly and I kissed him deeply and passionately, in one simple gesture, Andy moved the guitar to the side and he leaned back on the blanket, kissing me back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me and he wrapped his around me. His fingers ran through my hair and within a few moments, we pulled apart. He leaned his head against mine and he kissed my forehead. I lay beside him and his icy electric blue eyes met mine for a few seconds before I looked up at the moonlight night sky and the twinkling stars.

"I love you," Andy whispered. "and I am so proud of you and how strong you've become."

"I love you, Light." I murmured. "And thank you. You made me stronger even when I felt like I wasn't. Thank you for never giving up on me or never stop believing in me."

Andy kissed me softly and he kissed my temple.

"You don't need to thank me, you made yourself stronger, beautiful. I was there with you every step of the way. Now, that Blaze is gone. We can finally move on from this." He said.

"Yes, we can. At least for once, I don't have to worry about having him breathe down my neck," I said. "And I'm so happy that I can finally start that new chapter in my life."

Andy pulled me closer, so that my head lay on his chest. I listened to his heart beat and he leaned his chin on the top of my head.

"And I'll always be by your side," Andy murmured. "Because you're my girl and I will always love you, protect you and fight for you and I will never stop."

"I know, Light." I smiled and kissed his cheek softly. I just enjoyed this moment of just being close to my Light and being nice and warm in his embrace. It felt so good to just get away and not worry about anything or anyone and I could breathe. Andy lifted my chin and he softly kissed my neck. I sighed and leaned closer to him. His lip ring creating a soft and cool sensation against my skin. This is what it felt like, moving on with the man of my dreams and leaving Blaze in the dust. It felt great and finally, I felt stronger than I ever have been.