‹ Prequel: My Fallen Angel
Sequel: In the End

Die for You

Chapter 20

I woke up early and I slid myself out of Andy's embrace, careful not to wake him up and I looked over at my phone, it was July 16th, 2013. This day was very hard for me because my parents were involved and killed in an alcohol related car crash. Tears filled my eyes as I snuck out to the front of the bus and I sat on the couch. I missed them so much. I looked up the articles of my parents' deaths and the accident. I leaned against the wall, tears falling down my face. I sobbed and wrapped my arms around my knees. I really wished that hadn't happened to me. I wanted them to still be here, to meet Andy and to see us get married and having Blayde. Instead, it wasn't like that. I really wanted them here, by my side. I also knew that they were watching me from above. Sobs filled my throat and I wiped my tears away. I put in my earphones and listened to my mom's favorite song, which was 'Jesus, Take The Wheel' by Carrie Underwood. The same song that played at her funeral. I then heard the door to the room in the back of the bus open and Andy walked out. I paused the song, turned off my Ipod and lay on the couch. I didn't want him to see me like this. He approached me and I saw the expression on his face change from a soft, warm and lovely smile to a look of concern. I couldn't hold it in any longer and I began to cry again. Andy sat with me and he pulled me into his embrace. I lay my head on the dragon he had tattooed.

"Faith?" He said. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I sniffled and Andy held me closer. He ran his fingers through my hair softly.

"Light," I replied, as fresh tears fell down my face. "Today's the anniversary of my parents' death."

His eyes widened and then softened with compassion and he stroked my hair.

"Oh, Faith. I'm so sorry." He murmured. I began to cry and I buried my face in Andy's shoulder. "Hey. It's okay. Shhh. It's okay, my love."

"I miss them so much, Light." My sobs got more hysterical and Andy just wiped my tears away with his fingertips. He cupped my face and stroked my jawline with his fingers.

"I know, baby. I know." He whispered, kissing my temple softly. "Shh. Faith. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."

I continued to cry and I began to shake as Andy softly rubbed my back and he hummed 'Saviour' to me as I tried to regain control and calm down. It took a few moments for me to regain control and calm down and when I did, I looked into the soft electric icy blue eyes of my Light. He kissed my forehead softly.

"Tell me what happened," Andy said.

"My parents passed away three years ago today," I explained. "They were driving home and a drunk driver hit them and they both were killed on impact."

Andy's jaw dropped in shock and I nodded my head as fresh tears fell down my face. Andy's fingers wiped them away and he kissed my temple again.

"Hey, don't cry," He whispered. "Shh. It's okay. Everything's okay, beautiful."

I sniffled again and I just sighed softly. Just having my Light beside me made everything easier and I could breathe. I just tightened my arms around Andy's neck and he leaned his forehead against mine.

"I love you," I said, stifling a sob. "I love you, Light."

Andy pressed his warm lips against mine, he hadn't put his lip ring in yet and it felt quite wonderful, just feeling his warm lips against mine. He kissed me softly for a few moments and his hands caressed me softly. We broke apart and he kissed my cheek.

"I love you too, Faith." He murmured. Because of the loss of my parents, I had come across a program called Every 15 Minutes. Every 15 Minutes is a program that brings awareness about drunk driving. Drunk Driving has became a huge thing. What Every 15 Minutes does is go to high schools and show kids what happens if you drink and drive.

"Because of me losing my parents," I said, letting go of my Light. "There's a program that I support."

I headed into our room and I opened up my suitcase, inside was my outfit that I was going to wear for my performance, which was a grey Every 15 Minutes shirt with the grim reaper on it, the Warped Tour dates on the back. I was working at the Every 15 Minutes booth and I was doing my signings there. I slipped on my cut up shirt, black shorts, fishnets and boots. I walked back out to show Andy my shirt.

"Every 15 Minutes?" Andy asked. "What's that?"

"It's a program that brings awareness that involves drunk driving. It's a two day thing," I explained. "They have a fake car crash, and a funeral-ish ceremony. It's to show kids what will happen if they drink and drive. They go around to high schools and do this every two years."

Andy nodded, listening to every piece and detail that I said.

"Sounds like a brilliant program," Andy told me.

I nodded and I pulled my hair into a braid after quickly brushing it and running my fingers through it.

"I'll show you the Every 15 Minutes booth and get you some merchandise," I said. Andy nodded, he went back to our room to put his lip ring in, he dressed in a Young And Reckless 'You Refuse To Live, I Refuse To Die' shirt that he cut up and grey jeans and boots. We walked out to the Every 15 Minutes booth, hand in hand and as we approached, the grim reaper saw me and approached me. Andy jumped as he saw the reaper, being completely taken off guard. I giggled.

"Whoa! Okay, I didn't expect to see a goddamn grim reaper here." Andy said.

"Well, if you saw a presentation done by Every 15 Minutes, you wouldn't be surprised to see the reaper," I explained. Andy shook his head back and forth.

"Why? Does the reaper play a role?" Andy asked.

"Yes," I explained. "The grim reaper appears at the fake car crash scene. He also walks around and he takes fifteen kids out of their classes and he has them taken down to be transformed into the 'living dead'. They get covered in white paint that makes them look dead, like your warpaint and then they're told not to speak for the whole day."

"Okay, that makes more sense," Andy told me. The grim reaper went to stand outside the tent.

"Still fucking creepy," Andy muttered. I laughed again as we went inside the tent.

"That's the exact reaction that he's suppose to cause, Light." I said. The table next to us had merchandise, they had shirts, bracelets, patches, stickers and wristbands. Andy went over and he got a shirt that matched mine, that had Every 15 Minutes, the grim reaper, and the Warped Tour dates, but it was black. He also got a wrist band and a patch that had the grim reaper for a vest he was making. We headed back to the bus so that I could get ready for my performance. While I got ready, I decided that today, I wanted to sing my mom's favorite song, 'Jesus, Take The Wheel' by Carrie Underwood. I put in my long black feather earrings, and I wore one black fishnet fingerless glove on my left hand and a few rings on my right hand, beside my wedding band. I put on some silver eye shadow and dark red lipstick. I put on my Electric sunglasses. I even took my new jean vest that Andy made for me, that had my name 'The Vigilante' on it and a roaring Leopard.

"You look so beautiful, Faith." Andy murmured, kissing my temple. I nodded my head and then took a deep breath as more memories of my mom and dad came to me and blinked away fresh tears that came into my eyes. I didn't want them to ruin my makeup. Andy took my wrist and turned me around so that our eyes met.

"Hey." He whispered. "Come here."

I instantly went into his embrace, Andy's arms wrapped around me as I buried my head on his chest. Andy ran his fingers through my hair and he kissed my forehead as I stifled another sob.

"Don't cry, Faith." Andy said. "Shh. It's okay. It's okay. I'm right here. Everything's okay."

"I know, Light." I said. "It's just hard."

Andy's hand rubbed my back gently.

"I know it's hard, Faith." He murmured. "But, you have to be strong. You'll get through this. And I'll always be here to guide you like I always have been."

I looked up into Andy's soft electric icy blue eyes.

"That's why you're my Light, you always guide me through the darkness," I whispered. "I love you."

Andy kissed me softly, a simple peck on my lips and he leaned his head against mine.

"I love you too, my love." He told me. We both headed out to the stage that I was doing my performance at, hand in hand. Andy stayed backstage while I went onstage to do my show. I did my set list that I did on The Voice and I had Andy sing 'Broken' with me. I crossed my legs as I sat on the leather chair that I was sitting in.

"For those of you that have just arrived," I said. "My name is Lacey Biersack and welcome."

The crowd cheered at my last name, apparently I had some BVB Army members in the crowd. I smiled softly as I took a drink from the can of Arizona that I was drinking.

"This next song that I'm going to sing is for a very important person," I explained. "This person means the whole world to me. He's helped me through so much and he's given me such undying love. He's basically the Light at the end of the darkness that I went through. I love him so much. Anyways, this song is called 'Today Was A Fairy Tale'."

I looked over at my guitarist and she began to play the song acoustically and I began to sing:

"Today was a fairytale

You were the prince I used to be a damsel in distress

You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six

Today was a fairytale
Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale

I wore a dress You wore a dark grey t-shirt

You told me I was pretty When I looked like a mess

Today was a fairytale
Time slows down

Whenever you're around
Can you feel this magic in the air?

It must have been the way you kissed me

Fell in love when I saw you standing there It must have been the way

Today was a fairytale
It must have been the way

Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale

You've got a smile that takes me to another planet

Every move you make everything you say is right

Today was a fairytale
Today was a fairytale

All that I can say Is now it's getting so much clearer Nothing made sense until the time I saw your face

Today was a fairytale
Time slows down

Whenever you're around
But can you feel this magic in the air?

It must have been the way you kissed me

Fell in love when I saw you standing there

It must have been the way

Today was a fairytale

It must have been the way

Today was a fairytale

Time slows down Whenever you're around

I can feel my heart It's beating in my chest

Did you feel it? I can't put this down
But can you feel this magic in the air?

It must have been the way you kissed me

Fell in love when I saw you standing there

It must have been the way
But can you feel this magic in the air?

It must have been the way you kissed me

Fell in love when I saw you standing there

It must have been the way Today was a fairytale

It must have been the way Today was a fairytale
Today was a fairytale.."

The crowd cheered as I finished the song and when I peeked backstage, I saw that Andy had a huge smile on his face. I stood up from my chair, ran backstage and I gave Andy a kiss, which made my fans roar with excitement. I returned onstage and took my place as I paused to talk to the crowd.

"This next song I'm gonna play is very special." I said to the crowd. "Three years ago today, I lost my parents in a drunk driving collision. Which is why I support the National Every 15 Minutes Foundation, which is a foundation that brings awareness of what happens if you drink and drive. They go to high schools and they have a fake car crash and a funeral ceremony. Anyways, long story short, this song is a song that was one of my mom's favorites. This is called 'Jesus, Take The Wheel' by Carrie Underwood."

I then heard the guitar being played and I began to sing the song:

"She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her Mama and her Daddy
With the baby in the backseat

Fifty miles to go and she was running low
On faith and gasoline
It'd been a long hard year

She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
She was going way too fast
Before she knew it she was spinning
On a thin black sheet of glass

She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was so scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus, take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own."

Tears came into my eyes and I kept my voice professional, even though I was grieving for my mom and dad and I heard the crowd cheer, because I then felt a hand on my back, rubbing me softly and I knew that Andy was beside me.

"I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat
Sleeping like a rock

And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life

I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight

Jesus, take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own

I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on

Oh Jesus, take the wheel
Oh, I'm letting go

So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel
Oh, take it, take it from me
Oh, why, ooh.."

I finished the song and the crowd roared into cheers and applause. I looked over at Andy, who was beside me and I gave him a huge hug as I cried softly. Andy hugged me back and he kissed my temple softly. I then took a breath and addressed the crowd.

"If you want to meet me," I said. "Come by the Every 15 Minutes tent. I'll see you all there. I love you all, thank you for coming and enjoy the shows. Oh, by the way, there's a grim reaper outside the tent, don't worry. He's not gonna hurt any of you. He's just there for a scare and for show."

Andy and I headed offstage. I stayed for Andy's show and then we headed over to the Every 15 Minutes tent for me to do my signing. A lot of fans came by to buy merch and some of my hardcore fans came by with some of my boards to me to sign and that was awesome. After the show, I stayed to help with the tent and put out new merchandise and everything. When Andy and I left, the reaper outside the tent looked over at me and nodded its head before heading inside. Andy cringed at the reaper.

"That thing's still creepy." Andy mumbled and I laughed. We headed back to the bus and I went to change into something more comfortable. I changed into a Nightmare Before Christmas shirt that has Jack Skellington and Sally on it and it said 'True Love' and I wore black shorts. I pulled my hair out of the braid and took off my makeup. The day changed into night and after making sure Blayde was fed and put to bed, Andy and I lay in our room on the bus and I was perfectly snuggled in his arms.

"I just hope that they're proud of me," I said as I lay my head on Andy's chest. Andy stroked my hair softly.

"I'm sure they're watching with a smile on their faces," Andy whispered. "They're proud. Just like I am."

I smiled softly and Andy kissed me softly for a few moments. When we pulled away, I kissed Andy's cheek.

"Thank you, Light." I whispered. "I love you."

"Love you too, Faith." He tightened his embrace around me and he kissed my forehead. I then heard him beginning to softly sing 'Saviour' to me and I began to close my eyes and sleep consumed me.