‹ Prequel: My Fallen Angel
Sequel: In the End

Die for You

Chapter 28

I sat outside of the recording studio, a warm breeze greeting me as it passed by, I wore a yellow Batman shirt with the logo in black, my light red to orange hair in a ponytail, a silver cross necklace on my neck, a bracelet in silver and black on my wrist, a pair of leather leggings and a pair of black Converse. I sat cross-legged, on a hill, jotting down possible new songs. Adam and I were hard at work on my first album, which didn't have a title yet. It was a beautiful day here in California. I tapped the pen on the notepad I used for songs. I had about eight to ten songs written and recorded, this album was all rock infused and it had a rock to alternative feel to it. It was going to be an interesting listen for the fans. I then heard the door in front open and my eyes looked up. I shrugged it off, thinking it was the wind and then I felt arms around me. I paused as I felt the sensation of warm and cold on the back of my neck. It was Andy. I put the pen and paper to the side and just leaned against him. His hands took mine and he played with my fingers gently.

"Trying to surprise me, are you?" I said with a chuckle. Andy smiled and then he kissed my collarbone, he lay his head on my shoulder. He then shifted, so that I could see him and so I could lay against him.

"Maybe." His smile turned into a smirk. We lay on the grass together, I just lay close to him, looking into his soft icy blue eyes. "How's the writing going?"

I let out a sigh before just moving so I could lay my head on his chest, his fingers began to stroke my hair.

"Slow," I said, running my fingers through Andy's short black hair. "I'm glad you're here, Light. I need a break right now."

I let out another sigh. Ever since all of this started, I've been really stressed out. It seems like there was nothing out there to make it better. I know that Andy was trying his best to make me relax, it just wasn't happening instantly.

"Faith," Andy murmured, cupping my face with his hand, he stroked my jawline with his thumb. "Don't give up on this yet. You're an amazing singer, you have the most amazing voice. Once this is all over and your album's out, you'll feel so much better."

"You're only saying that 'cause you love me." I said, sitting up and wrapping my arms around my legs and pulling them up to my chest.

"You know I love you," He pulled me closer to him, and he pressed his lips to my temple. "I'll never stop loving you either, baby."

I smiled a little, to give him some reassurance and he kissed my lips tenderly. My arm slipped around his neck and my hand went into his hair. We pulled away and I saw a soft look in his icy blue eyes. I couldn't give up on this. I've worked so hard to get to do this, ever since winning The Voice. I couldn't give up on it. Not now, at least.

"I'm sorry, Light." I said. "I'm letting the stress get the best of me."

"You shouldn't." Andy told me. "Whatever this is that's holding you back, love, let it go. I know you. You're so much better than this. And you don't need to be sorry, Faith. I understand when this can get the better of you."

I smiled more and then I just gave him a tender kiss on the cheek. Andy then lit up a cigarette and he took a couple hits from it. I just leaned my head onto his shoulder. Andy smiled, he took the cigarette out of his mouth and then he kissed my cheek. I then heard my phone ring and then I stood up from Andy, and went to answer it. Andy continued smoking his cigarette. I guess the call was from Alternative Press, they wanted me to do an interview for a special issue of their magazine, the feature was on Andy. Of course I would agree to do it. Because now I can finally show the fans how much Andy means to me.

"What was that all about?" Andy asked, raising a brow.

"I got a call from Alternative Press," I explained. "I guess they want me to do an interview."

"That's awesome. What's the interview for?" He said.

"That, my Light, is for me to know and you to find out." I replied, winking. Andy rolled his eyes.

"You won't tell me?"

"No." I chuckled.

"Please?" Andy's voice sounded childish, almost like a five year old asking for candy. I rolled my eyes now.

"Nope!" I giggled. Andy then flipped me onto my back so that he hovered over me and he pinned me down by my wrists. I laughed and then he let one of my wrists go so that I could tangle my hand into his hair again. It's just one of those things that Andy loves for me to do. Andy smiled and then he kissed me softly.

"Laceyy," He whined.

"Andy." I whined right back.

"Tell me."

"No!" I then gave up, I couldn't resist how cute Andy was acting in the moment. It made me smile even more. He's so adorable. "Allright! I'll tell you!"

"Finally," He said, laughing softly. "What's it all about?"

"Well, they want me to do an interview about your feature in Alternative Press," I said. "They want me to talk about how much you mean to me, darling."

"Well?" Andy asked.

"Well, what?" I replied, curling his black hair in my fingertip. Andy leaned in and he just softly pecked my lips.

"What are you gonna say to them?" He said, stroking my hair again.

"I'm gonna tell them how much you mean to me," I murmured. "How you always make me happy, how you've always been there for me and saved me numerous times from my past. How I first met you, and how your my heart and my other half, my Light."

He smiled and then kissed me tenderly until I heard Adam clear his throat, making me jump and pull away from Andy. Andy looked over at Adam, who just chuckled softly.

"As much as I would love to let Lacey stay with you, Andy, she needs to get back into the studio." Adam said. Andy rolled his eyes, before standing up and he helped me up after I grabbed my pen and paper and we headed back inside. Andy stayed inside the studio with me, as I worked on songs. And just having Andy there, I worked on quite a few songs.

~The Next Day~

The following morning, I had to get ready to go do my interview with Alternative Press for Andy's feature. I dressed in a black tanktop with a white cross on it, black leather jeans, angel wing earrings and leather ankle booties. My light red to orange hair was brushed and straightened. I wore some mourning jewelry, a black rosary, a silver ring with a red rose in a black background. Black eyeshadow with some silver sparkles made the silver shards in my grey eyes shine. I didn't wear any lipstick. I also wore a leather fingerless glove on my left hand, leaving my 'Light' tattooed hand exposed. As I finished up my make up in the mirror, I heard a shuffling and I then saw Andy's reflection in the mirror as he stood behind me, shirtless and in a pair of grey skinny jeans. He wrapped his long arms around me, as I leaned my back into his chest. I just ran my fingers across his tattoos and he let out a sigh gently.

"You look so beautiful," Andy murmured, kissing my temple. I grinned.

"Thank you, Light." I whispered, placing my eyeshadow down. Turning around, I just slipped my arms around Andy's neck, pulling him closer to me. He smiled and kissed my forehead and he pecked my lips.

"You're just lucky I have such self-control." I said. Andy raised a brow in wonder.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because," I told him, running a black nailed finger down his chest, making him shiver. "I would've taken advantage of you."

He smiled and then he pulled me closer to him, so that his skin touched my body.

"With someone as beautiful as you," Andy said. "I should be taken advantage of."

I gently shoved him from me and chuckled gently, but Andy kept my hand in his. I then felt his thumb making circles on the back of my hand, which meant there was something on his mind.

"What are you thinking about?" I murmured. Andy moved his other hand and he stroked my hair with his fingers.

"I'm thinking about how lucky I am to have such a beautiful girl like you in my life," He said, kissing my nose. I blushed and I just smiled at how sweet his words were. I slipped my arm around his neck, to tangle in his hair.

"Aw, Light." I whispered, pecking him on the cheek. "You're so sweet."

Andy kissed me softly before he just let me go so that I could finish getting ready for the interview. I was nervous about what I was going to say about Andy, but in a way, I was confident because it was all about our relationship. I then headed downstairs after slipping on one of Andy's leather jackets, which also had his trademark Batman pin on it, and it had studs on it as well because it's going to be a cold day. Andy was downstairs, playing with Blayde. Andy sat on the floor with Blayde, passing a ball back and forth with her. She was smiling and giggling. I couldn't help but take a picture and post it on Instagram. He's such a good dad to her. It was so cute. I took one last glance at them, smiled and then headed out for the interview. I went to Rob's Skate Spot to meet with the interviewer, a girl named Caroline. She was dressed with a rocker edgy style, her hair was black with blue highlights and her eyes were brown.

"You must be Lacey Blackburn," She said. "I'm Caroline with Alternative Press. Are you ready for the interview?"

I nodded and we walked toward a bench in the shade to sit down. There weren't many skaters out because it was fall and in the fall, it gets cold. So, skaters kinda just wait it out until it warms up or it's a nice day to skate.

"So," She began. "How did you and Andy meet?"

"Andy and I," I explained. "We met through Bam Margera, Bam's a really good friend of ours. I had just gotten out of a dark phase in my life and a horrible relationship. I had just broken up with my ex and Bam had told me that Black Veil Brides were in town, playing at his venue, The Note. I didn't want to go, but Bam forced me to go. When he and I went backstage, he introduced me to all of them, Andy included and something about us just clicked. I had a feeling that that night, he would be the right guy for me."

The interview went quite well, she asked me about how things have been since Andy and I met and I told her that everything is just wonderful, he's been treating me like I'm on cloud nine when I feel like I don't deserve it sometimes and that he means everything to me, he's my other half, my heart. I answered a few more questions about Andy as well.

"So, if there's one thing that you love about Andy, what is it and why?" She asked.

"One thing?" I replied. "Well, to be honest, there's a lot of things that I love about Andy. He's an amazing singer, he sacrifices everything for the BVB Army, he's the most amazing, kind-hearted, loving, caring, supportive boy I ever had in my life. He even supported me when I went on my season of The Voice. Well, there's one thing that you guys don't know. When I was a little girl, my mom used to read and quote Edgar Allan Poe's poems to me when I'd go to bed every night. Andy, he quotes Poe to me when he knows that I'm on edge or I'm feeling down."

"Do they work? The Edgar Allan Poe poems?" She said.

"Yeah, they work. Every time." I explained. "When Andy does that, it provides comfort for me. Because it reminds me of my mom. Also, just hearing Andy's voice alone just comforts me."

"Aw, that's so cute."

I nodded before answering a couple of questions and then wrapping up the interview. I was just happy that I had the chance to tell people about how important Andy is to me. Before I headed home, I stopped at High Voltage and made an appointment with Kat to get a new tattoo, I wanted to get a half moon on my right ring finger. Just something to hold onto whenever Andy and I are apart.

(A\N: I saw an adorable shot on Instagram that Juliet & Andy posted of matching little half moon tattoos that they got on their fingers, thus inspired my idea for Lacey and Andy to do the same here. xo xo ~Tigerstar)

When I came home, Andy was on the phone with his tour manager. He was pacing back and forth, listening and then replying. I wonder what it's all about. I thought. He then set his phone down and sighed, sitting on the couch. I set my Impala keys on the counter then came over to my Light. Andy looked up and then he pulled me into his lap.

"What was that all about, Light?" I asked. Andy sighed again.

"Promise me you won't get mad?" He said. I narrowed my eyes at him in wonder and curiosity.

"I won't. Now, tell me." I replied.

"I have to leave next week. I have to do the European part of the Church of The Wild Ones tour," Andy told me. I was in shock. I just got Andy back and Andy just came home and now he's leaving for Europe? It wasn't fair. I got annoyed. I then let Andy go and then I began to get even more annoyed.

"You're leaving?" I said, I felt tears come into my eyes. Andy stood up and he came over to me. I continued pacing back and forth.

"Faith," Andy's voice was a soft but warm murmur. "Baby, please don't be upset."

"I just got you back, Andy! I have every right to be upset!" Anger coated my voice like poison. Andy sighed and cringed at my yelling, he didn't blame me for getting upset. I just got my Light back and yet he had to leave? Really?

"Lacey," Andy's voice was just above a whisper.

"How long are you gonna be gone for this time?" I said.

"Until December. December 20th. Before my birthday and before Christmas." He told me. I then felt the tears fall down my face and then I headed upstairs to our room and I shut the door. I sat on our bed, crying. I couldn't believe this. I took a deep breath after my crying spree was over, pulling my legs to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs. I felt my heart break. Just one week with my Light and then he's gone. I buried my face in my legs. I then took a look at my tattooed hand, Andy's handwriting, 'Light' was glancing back at me. I had to deal with this. I had to let him go do his thing, I promised that I wouldn't get myself attached when he had to leave. I then heard the bedroom door opening and Andy came in. I looked up and sighed. I then moved so that I was laying on the bed, Andy then pulled me into his chest. He just gently ran his fingers through my hair.

"It's not fair," I said, sniffling.

"I'm sorry, Faith." He kissed my temple. "I know. I hate when I have to leave you."

"I can't make you stay," I told him. "It's just not fair, Light. I just got you back and now you have to leave? You don't know how much that hurts and how much I'll miss you."

Andy kissed my lips softly and he leaned his head on mine, and wiped away the tears that fell down my face.

"I know, my love and I'm sorry." He murmured. "I'll miss you too. But I won't be gone long. It's only a month. I promise."

I sniffled again and Andy kissed my forehead gently and then held me closer to his body. His warmth comforting me and then he softly began to quote Edgar Allan Poe's 'Annabel Lee' to me.

"But our love was stronger by far than the love of those older than we," Andy whispered. "Of many far wiser than we, and neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down below the sea, can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee. For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams of the beautiful Annabel Lee, and the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes of the beautiful Annabel Lee."

I began to calm down, after hearing Andy's soft and warm voice comforting me. It's one of those things that Andy does, in case his singing doesn't do the trick. I looked up at him and Andy cupped my face with his hands.

"I love you," I murmured. Andy pecked my lips softly.

"I love you too, baby." He said, playing with my hair again, making me smile. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. Andy's tattooed hand took mine and then he brought the back of my hand to his lips and he kissed the 'Light' tattoo there. It made my smile bigger. Andy and I just lay close to one another, Andy's fingers played with mine as I just lay my head on his chest. I kissed the dragon on his chest, holding the heart that had my name in it. That also reminded me about my tattoo appointment with Kat tomorrow, to get my half moon on my right ring finger.

"Light," I said. Andy lifted his head up to look at me.

"Yeah, Faith?" He replied.

"I'm getting tattooed by Kat tomorrow," I told him. "I'm getting one more tattoo."

"What are you getting this time, love?" He asked.

"You'll see," I said. "It's a surprise."

He smiled and then he just kissed my temple and pulled me closer to him.

"I might as well get something too, since you're getting tattooed by Kat." He told me.

"Allright." I then just lay my head back on him and then just closed my eyes as Andy softly hummed 'The Mortician's Daughter' to me.

The following morning, Andy and I headed over to High Voltage together, hand in hand, I wore a Nitro Circus beanie on my head, my hair was in a ponytail, I wore a My Chemical Romance 'The Black Parade' shirt, dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of Converse. Kat greeted Andy and I at the door with hugs before bringing us over to the couch to talk about my tattoo.

"So, babe," Kat said. "I got your tattoo set up."

She handed me the sketch of the half moon tattoo, it was big enough where it could cover the bottom half of my ring finger.

"Looks great, Kat." I said. "I think Andy's wanting to get something to as well."

"Allright, dude." She looked from me to Andy. "What are you looking to get?"

"I want a cross on my left ring finger." He explained. "Can you do that, Kat?"

"I can." She smiled. "Allright, give me a minute to draw this up and I'll call you both back."

Kat then stood up and then she went over to the sketching table to get our tattoos sketched out. It didn't take long before Kat called us back and she had me sit down first. I slipped off my wedding ring, Kat placed it on the table and then placed the sketch onto my right ring finger. She then began to tattoo the outline.

"So, what's with the half moon tattoo?" She asked.

"Just something to keep Andy close to me even though sometimes we're apart." I told her.

"Aw! It's cute." She told me, she then began to fill in the moon tattoo. "Is that what you're doing as well, Andy?"

"Yeah." Andy kissed my cheek. "I always want to keep Lacey close to me. No matter how far apart we are."

I turned my head to Andy and he kissed me softly, making her squeal and laugh.

"You guys are so cute together," Kat said. "Seriously, Lacey. I think you couldn't have chosen a more perfect boy for you than Andy."

"Thanks, Kat." I replied. She finished my tattoo and I glanced at the little half moon staring back at me and it was perfect. It looked so realistic. Kat then turned to tattoo Andy. She placed the cross design on his left finger after Andy slipped his wedding ring off. Kat then finished Andy's tattoo, so I then took a picture of both our hands with our new tattoos and then posted it onto instagram:

'@thelaceyblackburn: Thanks to @thekatvond for our moon and cross tattoos, a reminder that no matter how far @andybvb and I are apart, we'll always have each other and we'll always be close to one another and this is also something for us both to hold on to. Forever. Have an amazing tour, my Light. :)'

Kat then grabbed her phone and she took a picture of all three of us and tagged us in it on instagram:

'thekatvond: Had a lovely visit and got to tattoo these cute cross and half moon tattoos for @andybvb and @thelaceyblackburn. Seriously, I've never seen a couple more in love than these two. Thank you guys for coming into @highvoltage! It's always great to see you! :)'

She then placed her phone down and then went to wrap our tattoos with the bandages and then Andy and I slipped our wedding rings back on. The cool metal of my ring seemed to ease the pain. It was a prefect reminder that no matter where Andy and I are in the world, we'll always be close to one another. I gave Kat a hug and Andy and I head out of the shop together.