‹ Prequel: Die for You
Sequel: Unbroken

In the End

Chapter 3

Every day I wake up
Every day I wake up alone,
Every day I wake up
Every day I wake up alone,

Let me open up the discussion with, I'm not impressed with any motherfucking word I say
See I lied that I cried when he came inside
And now I'm burning a highway to Hades

Shut the fuck up!
When I'm trying to think
I got to keep my concentration, give me one more drink
And then I'll try to remember all the advice that my good book told me

And all the lost souls say...

I sat outside on the porch, wearing my Sons of Anarchy shirt that had their reaper and some red roses on it, a pair of black shorts and I had my notebook in hand, scribbling down more lyrics for possible songs. It was a rather warm morning in LA, I woke up early because I couldn't fall back asleep, no matter if Andy's lullaby tried to work for me. Andy learned that ever since I heard Tara from Sons of Anarchy sing that lullaby 'Lullaby For A Soldier', to Thomas, that I'd love it when he'd sing it to me when I fell asleep, which I love. But it just wasn't working last night. I tapped my pen against the paper as I tried to think of more to write for this lyric. It then came to me again.

Every day I wake up
Every day I wake up alone
(Kill me, just kill me)
Or get me out of the sun

Every day I wake up
Every day I wake up alone
(Kill me, just kill me)
Someone get me out of the sun

Drugs, bars, backseats of cars
Blowing boys, what a boring life I've led so far
Just a prime thirteen when I rode his machine
Tried to keep my body dirty and my eyes closed and clean
So with a wink and a smile and a vial of meth
I took his hand and we walked through the shadow of death
And then I try to remember all the advice that my teacher told me

And all the lost souls say...

Every day I wake up
Every day I wake up alone
(Kill me, just kill me)
Or get me out of the sun

Every day I wake up
Every day I wake up alone
(Kill me, just kill me)

And then the inspiration left me again. I sighed and just enjoyed the sunrise as I set my notebook down on the chair beside me. I then heard my phone buzz and I picked it up and saw that there was a text from me and Bam's manager. It said: Lacey! I got some wonderful news! How would you feel about being in the next movie of The Crow?

I had to take a minute to pick my jaw up from the floor. I'm getting asked to do The Crow? I thought. I loved that movie so much, the one with Brandon Lee (May he RIP). I loved the concept of the film. How a Crow could help a lost soul that was taken away by something and have it come back and reek it's vengeance on the ones that did it and so that the lost soul could gain the peace that it was missing and help it cross over. I had to do it. I had to. I then sent a reply text to my manager and he gave me the info to come in and audition for it. I might be the next Crow! I was also gonna be the first female in The Crow too, if I nail this role. Apparently, the character's name is Lilith 'Lily' Draven, sister of Eric Draven, who was portrayed by Brandon Lee. The story is that Lily gets attacked by a band of thugs who mug her and rape her and beat her to death and she comes back as The Crow to get revenge on them. I couldn't wait for the audition. I stood up and grabbed my notebook and headed back inside and when I did, I saw that Andy was starting to wake up. I lay my notebook on the nightstand and I got back into bed with him. I kissed the feather tattooed on his neck, which makes him moan softly in his throat before his eyes opened and he smiled at me. He cupped my cheek in his hand, stroking my jawline.

"Morning, Light." I murmured. Andy kissed my lips softly for a few moments, before he leaned his head on mine.

"Morning, Faith." He stroked my hair gently with his fingers. I wrapped my arms around his neck and lay my hands on the back of his neck, so that my fingers could run through his hair. He smiled because he loved it when I ran my fingers through his hair. He held me closer to his body, my head laying on the dragon tattoo on his chest as his arms wrapped around me.

"How'd you sleep, love?" Andy asked.

"On and off," I said. "Anyways, I got something to tell you."

He looked at me strangely and it made me giggle as I looked up at him. I tightened my arms around his neck.

"It's nothing bad, Light." I explained. "I just got a text from my manager telling me that I have an audition tomorrow."

"Really?" Andy said. "For what, Faith?"

"I got asked to come in and audition for the role in the next movie of The Crow," I said with a smile. Andy smiled because he knew how much of a fan of The Crow I was and how I loved the movie.

"That's great, love." Andy kissed my temple. "I'm proud of you, baby."

"Thank you, Light." I kissed him again and he held me closer to his body. When we pulled away, he smiled again.

"So, what's the role?" He asked.

"I'll be auditioning for the role of Lilith Draven, the little sister of Eric Draven, who was played by Brandon Lee." I told him.

"Let's hope you get it, Faith." Andy kissed my forehead. "You know the original Crow more than I do. You got this one. I know you do."

"Thanks." I smiled brightly. He was right about one thing, if there's a movie that I knew each line by heart, it was the original Crow. I knew all of those lines by heart. I had this in the bag. I could feel it. I'm gonna be Lily Draven. I will be Lily Draven.

The day of the audition, I gotten up early, I showered, I put my hair into a braid and I dressed in a white tank top that had 'Rock 'N Roll' on it with a skull and crossbones and angel wings, black leather skinny jeans and my black high heeled boots. I wore my half-moon necklace that Andy gave me for Christmas as well, the black diamonds sparkling in the light, I wore black fishnet gloves. I wore black eyeshadow and dark red lipstick. I sighed in the mirror, I felt a little nervous. What if I don't do well? What if I don't get their attention? I thought. I felt my body tense up. I couldn't help it. I was nervous. I then heard shuffling and felt arms wrap around me as I put on the last touches on my makeup. I glanced up and I saw Andy's reflection. I just leaned back so that my back was to his chest and my body began to relax.

"You look beautiful, my love." Andy murmured, kissing my neck softly. I smiled a little as he nuzzled into my neck.

"Thank you, Light." I whispered. Andy kissed down my neck and to my collarbone. I just closed my eyes and sighed softly. Andy then noticed that something wasn't right. He then turned me around so that our eyes met.

"Baby?" Andy said, his voice rising a little from being soft. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, Andy. Just nervous," I said, turning back to the mirror. He then just had his hands on my hips, my back toward him again as he softly pressed more kisses on my neck.

"Don't be nervous, baby." His breath was warm against my skin as he kissed me behind my ear. "You'll be fine. You got this, Lacey. I know you do."

I nodded and I just turned around once again so that I could kiss him softly. My arms wrapped around him as his wrapped around me. His hand cupped my face before we pulled away.

"I love you, Light." I murmured. Andy kissed me again and then he pressed his lips to my forehead.

"I love you too, Faith." He whispered. He then kissed my temple before letting me go. I went back into the closet after re-doing my makeup and I put on Andy's leather jacket which had not only his Batman pin on it but my Doctor Who Tardis pin and my Sons of Anarchy reaper pin. I then headed out the front door to my Impala after grabbing the keys and I locked the door afterwards. I hopped inside my Impala and I put on my Electric sunglasses before backing out of the driveway and heading out to the audition. I arrived to the audition. There wasn't that many people when I got there. I walked in, I took off my Electric Sunglasses and I walked up to the front desk.

"Ah. You must be Ms. Blackburn," I heard a voice and I turned to see the director of the film, Catherine Hardwick and the creator of The Crow, James O'Barr. I nodded and extended my hand to them. Catherine did Twilight, the very first Twilight film.

"Yeah, that's me." I said. "Lacey Blackburn-Biersack. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," James said, "Come on in, and we'll do your audition."

I nodded as they lead me into one of the empty rooms where there was a camera set up and a white background. I took a deep breath as I then took off Andy's jacket and put it on the chair. They asked me questions about The Crow and like if I've ever seen them, which I explain to them that I've only seen the original and that I knew the lines from the film by heart and other things, like why should I be the next Crow and so on. And I did all of these questions while the camera was rolling as well. The camera didn't bother me because I've been on camera many times, in music videos, on The Voice and so much more. Then it came to the actual audition, they wanted me to do two scenes from the original film: The first one was when Eric Draven, as The Crow, ambushed Tin Tin, the guy with the dreads and then he threw knives at him and then he caught the knife and it landed in his shoulder.

"Try harder. Try again." I said, my voice becoming sassier and that caught their attention. "Victims, aren't we all?"

The final scene was when Eric Draven appeared when the cop showed up to the burning jewelry store. In the same tone of voice, I began.

"They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

It still caught their attention. Wow. I must be good. I thought. I then heard James clear his throat before speaking. I turned to him.

"Well, Mrs. Biersack," Catherine said. "We still have a few more auditions to run through, but we will keep you at number 1 on our list of candidates."

Really? I did that well? I then nodded and shook their hands before putting on Andy's jacket again and heading out after bidding them a goodbye. When I got inside my Impala, I called Andy.

"Hey, baby." Andy said. "How did it go?"

"It went well, they still have a few more auditions to run, but they kept me at number one on their list of candidates for the role of Lily Draven," I told him. I could literally imagine him smiling on the other side of the phone at that.

"That's great, Faith." He replied. "Now, you do know that if you do get this or not, I'll always be proud of you. No matter what, love."

I smiled. "I know, Light." I told him. "I just really feel like I have this in the bag. You know?"

"Let's just hope so." Andy told me. "I'll see you when you get home, then?"

"Yeah," I replied. "I love you, Light."

"I love you too, Faith."

I then hung up the phone and I began my drive back home to Andy with a smile on my face. I might be the next Crow! I couldn't help but feel happy inside. I was finally cementing myself as not only a musician and as a skater, but as an actress too. I just silently prayed that I would get the role of my dreams and to be in the film series that I loved so much. I kept my finger crossed that I would be cast as Lily Draven.

The next morning, I was laying in Andy's arms as I usually do, when my phone went off. I let myself free of Andy's arms and I reached for my phone and answered it. I stayed in bed the whole time because I wanted Andy to hear this too.

"Hello?" I said. Andy, who was laying beside me, woke up, he turned onto his side and listened to my phone call.

"Ms. Blackburn, it's James O'Barr, the creator of The Crow," I heard James' voice from the other side, which made me sit up in bed.

"Hi, James. How are you?" I replied.

"I'm good. So, Catherine and I went over your audition," James explained. "And we've decided that we want you as Lily Draven in Ashes To Ashes."

My mouth dropped, and Andy noticed my reaction. I gathered my jaw from the floor and cleared my throat before speaking.

"Really?" I said. "I'd be honored to play Lily! Thank you so much!"

"Great! We begin filming in about a week to two week's time! Hope to see you there!" James told me before I hung up. Andy looked at me, with a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes.

"Faith?" Andy asked. A huge smile came across my face and I just pulled Andy towards me. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Andy nuzzled into my neck.

"I'm-I'm gonna be The Crow," I said. Andy looked into my eyes and a huge grin came across his face. He kissed me softly and hugged me to him.

"That's great, baby." Andy murmured, kissing my hair. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Light." I kissed him on the cheek. "I couldn't do this without you."

He kissed my temple and he ruffled my hair with his fingers, making me giggle as I then reached out for my phone to send out a tweet to the world: @LaceyBlackburnTPN: So I might just be in the next installment of The Crow. I can't tell you guys how excited I am to begin filming this amazing movie! #TheCrow #AshesToAshes

I literally couldn't wait to start filming this movie. Literally.