Status: Drama packed sequel!

Two Pieces of a Broken Heart

You're a piece of work.

Rae had ahold of my shirt, dragging me from Lo’s hospital room. At first I had no idea what her deal was. Why wasn’t she jumping for joy and gossiping with Lo, who has been out for three days? But then I remembered that she said she was finally going to deal with Lisa. I was scared to know what she did because I know how devious Rae can be. I remember what she did to me three and a half years ago like it was yesterday. She wrote ‘I am a douchebag asshole’ on my car then knocked on my door and when I answered she kneed me in the balls and said that I didn’t deserve Lo and if I ever came near her again that she would do worse. I never understood why they were all so mad at me when Lo was the one who supposedly cheated on me. Now I know the truth and I still can’t wrap my head around it. I know that getting Lisa out of my life was the first step. I just hope the rest of the pieces just fall into place.

“Have you heard from Lisa yet?” Rae asked me.

“Uh, no. My phone died two days ago so I’ve been cut off from the world outside of this hospital.” I told her.

“I guess that’s a good thing because she is going to be pissed when she gets home.” she said looking up at me with a devious smirk.

“What did you do?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Changed the locks and threw her shit out on the lawn.” she shrugged. “I tried to be some what nice and pack her shit but I got a text that said Lo was awake so I just threw the rest out of the window.”

I couldn’t help but to laugh. “You’re a piece of work. But thanks for helping me.”

“I’m doing this for Lo, not for you.” she pointed a finger at me. “She deserves her happily ever after. But mark my words, you hurt her again and I’ll do why worse than hurt your penis.”

I put my hands defensively. “I promise.”

“Daddy!” I heard Faith yell as she ran down the hall toward me. I was scared that something happened to Lo when I saw the tears in Faith’s eyes. But when I picked her up she said “please don’t leave us.”

I looked at Rae who just shrugged. Seconds later Olivia showed up looking slightly worried. “I”m not leaving sweet heart.” I reassured Faith as I rubbed her back.

“But Isaac is back. He likes mommy.” she whined. Her head laid on my shoulder and she looked so sad. But who the hell is Isaac?

“Faith, you need to go say sorry to your mom. You know you’re not supposed to run off like that.” Olivia scolded Fatih.

“She’s not going anywhere until I find out why she’s upset.” I snapped. “Obviously she doesn’t want to be around this Isaac dude so I won’t make her go back.”

“Fair enough.” Olivia sighed in defeat.

“I’m sorry about Isaac, I didn’t know he would upset Faith or Aspen.” Rae apologized.

“Is anyone going to tell me who Isaac is or am I going to have to guess?” I asked in frustration.

“He is Lo’s boyfriend.” Rae sighed as she looked away from me.

“Boyfriend? What the hell, Rae?” I tried not to yell too loudly. “You both have been encouraging me to fix things with Lo and all along she has a boyfriend?”

Rae sighed again, “Ma, take Faith back to the room, I need to talk to Alex.”

“No, I stay with daddy.” Faith yelled, wrapping her arms tighter around my neck.

“Just let her stay. She doesn’t need to be upset even more.” Olivia said then turned and walked away.

“Look, Isaac has been away from awhile for a work thing. Before he left he said he wouldn’t be second best to you. Isaac isn’t dumb, he knew that Lo still loves you but they didn’t officially break up. I know Lo, she is settling and I don’t want that for her if she can have her dream.” There was such vulnerability in Rae’s eyes. I’ve only seen this side of Rae a few times. Once when Lo was in this hospital, when she told me about her dark past and then at my wedding when Mercy came in to tell Zack about the accident. Rae is the strongest person that I know, she is tough as nails. She will do anything to protect the ones she loves and keeps her emotions to herself. She doesn’t like letting people see her cry or vulnerable. Lo said that it’s just how she was taught to be when she was growing up. Her dad said that vulnerability is a weakness and weak people shouldn’t be allowed to live. I don’t know how a parent could say that to their child, some people just shouldn’t have kids.

“If she wants to be with this guy then I won’t get in the middle. I am not that guy to break up a couple.” I shook my head. “Plus how do we know that she would forgive me for the cheating that never happened. Lisa says she has proof, so shouldn’t I just stand back and let her be?”

“You might think differently after I tell you what me and Jack found out.” she pulled something out of her purse. It was a small book that I quickly noticed was Lisa’s diary.

“Where did you get that?” I asked curiously.

“Did you miss the part about me throwing out off of Lisa’s crap?” she said sarcastically.

“Sorry, but she usually carries it with her.” I told her.

“Well Jack found it and read it.” she said. My eyes widened. I’m not sure if I’m shocked that Jack did that or if I’m scared to hear what it says. “Lisa lied, you two didn’t sleep together.”

“I’ve said that all along!” I was excited that the truth finally came out.

“Don’t get too excited, you didn’t sleep with Lisa but you did sleep with Mel.” she scrunched up her nose in disgust.

“Mel? As in Blake’s wife? I haven’t seen her since Vegas.” i said confused. “Plus I wouldn’t touch her with a ten foot pole.”

“Well according to this diary you did but not exactly willingly.” she paused. “Turns out that Candice’s theory is right, you were drugged. Mel broke into your house, drugged you and once you were out of it, she got you to have sex with her. According to what Lisa wrote, Mel recorded the whole thing. Which might be what Lisa says is her proof. After she was done she called Lisa, who supposedly had no idea what was going on until she got there, then Mel left and Lisa had just enough time to put on one of your shirts before Lo and Jack showed up.”

“But how are we going to prove what Lisa wrote is true?” I asked. i was still in a state of shock. I knew I would never cheat on Lo but I never thought this is what happened.

“Scarlett and I are going to go talk to Blake to see what we can figure out.”

“And by talk you mean threaten?” I chuckled.

“Pretty much.” she laughed. “Blake is easy to crack. Mel a bitch, but she’s pretty stupid, I’m sure she told Blake what happened. And if she didn’t then there is one other person who might know something and I really don’t want to go there.”

“Landon?” I asked, remembering that him and Lisa were hooking up for awhile. He did tell us that Lisa was bat shit crazy and would kill Lo if she got the chance. Maybe he knows about this whole plot. But for Rae’s sake I hope that she doesn’t have to ask him about it. I know that he is still a trigger to her and she doesn’t need that.

“Yeah.” she said digging her nails into her arm.

I grabbed her hand, pulling it away from her arm. “Don’t do that. You don’t have to do any of this. We can make Lo believe us from what we have. We don’t need Blake or Landon or that video. Hell we don’t even know if Lo wants to be with me.”

“I will be fine.” she smiled unconvincingly. But I couldn’t question her on it because Olivia came back with Aspen. She said that the doctor took Lo up for some tests to make sure that everything was okay. Aspen was half asleep so Olivia was going to take her back to her room. I wanted to go be with Aspen but Faith said she was hungry so Olivia said she would stay with her while I got food for Faith. Rae said bye quickly and left, I’m sure it was because she didn’t want to talk about everything anymore.

I went to the waiting room and saw Liam talking to a guy that I didn’t know but assumed to be Isaac. I’m not sure why but I felt the need to talk to him. So I went over and put Faith down and she walked over to Liam, “you’re Isaac right?”

“Alex, don’t do this.” Liam pleaded.

“I’m not going to do anything but talk, I promise Liam. I would never do anything to upset Lo.” I told Liam.

“I am.” Isaac nodded. “And if you’re here to size me up, you don’t have to. Me and Lo just broke up.”

I was shocked but I tried not to let it show. But I was wondering who broke up with who. If he broke up with her right after she woke up from a coma then he is a douche. But if she broke up with him then maybe I do have hope. “That’s not why I wanted to talk. I just wanted to say thanks for taking care of Lo.”

“I really didn’t do much.” he shrugged. “I think I just mostly just distracted her from her heart break. I may have only been dating her for a little over a year but I’ve known her for three years. I was her replacement while she went on maternity leave and we became friends then dated. But I knew from the beginning that there was another guy but I’m sure you know that it’s easy to fall in love with her. I thought I could make her forget and love me back, I thought I had but she said that she was going to tell you about Aspen and I saw the look in her eyes. She loves you and it will always be you.”

“Maybe it’s you that she should be with. I didn’t fight for her and it seems like you’ve fought like hell.” I said honestly.

“I’m not going to say you’re wrong, because you’re right. You didn’t have to see Lo broken. You didn’t have to hear her cry in the bathroom some nights when Faith would throw a fit to see you. For you to just believe that she would cheat on you is insane. And it’s even more insane that you would cheat on the perfect girl.” he said crossing his arms.

“Well I never cheated on her. But you’re right I shouldn’t have believed that she would cheat on me.” I looked over at Faith who was hugging Liam’s legs. “I just wanted to say thanks, not get into my personal business with someone who I don’t know. So I’m going to take my daughter and go get her some food.”

I took a hold of Faith’s hand and walked away. As I was walking toward the cafeteria I saw my mom walking toward me. “Grandma!” Faith squealed and ran over to her.

“Hi baby girl.” my mom hugged Faith then said hi to me. “Where are you two off to?”

“To get food.” I shrugged.

“You look like something is troubling you.” she pointed out. I could never hide anything from my mom.

“Found out the truth from the day of the break up and it makes me despise Lisa more then I just met Lo’s boyfriend. Or well ex.” I said all in one breath. I wanted to break down because all of this is too much. Finding out about Aspen to finding out why Lo broke up with me to finding out what Mel did to learning about and meeting Isaac. If this pain and anxiety is half of what Lo felt back then, it’s a miracle that she didn’t spiral back down to her dark place.

“Oh honey.” my mom sighed and hugged me. I will always be a mama’s boy and I really don’t care. “How about we go get Faith some food and you can tell me all about it.”

“I appreciate that mom, but can you take care of Faith for me for a little bit? I really need to go take care of something.” I asked her.

“Of course. You go do what you have to do, I’ll stay with Faith until you get back.” she told me then kissed my cheek.

“You behave for grandma, okay baby girl?”

“You’re coming back right?” Faith asked me. I could see the fear in her eyes. I pulled her into my arms and hugged her as tightly as I could.

“I will always come back. You, Aspen and mommy mean the world to me, don’t ever forget that.” I kissed her forehead. Once I knew she was okay I hugged my mom and asked if I could borrow her car. She handed over her keys and told me to be careful.

When I got into my mom’s car, I had to take a moment and breath so I wouldn’t break down. Once I was calmed down I drove to the one place that I knew Lisa would be, her brother’s house. She wouldn’t have gotten into our house so that is the only place she would go. I went up to the door and her brother answered the door and looked like he was about to punch me.

“I need to speak to Lisa.” I told him.

“I don’t think so, asshole. You fucked up yet again and I’m not going to let you degrade her anymore.” he said sternly. If only looks could kill, I would be dead right now.

“Degrade her? That’s a riot.” I laughed. “She is the one who fucked up, not me. Her and her psychotic friends did this. So don’t fuck with me right now.”

“I didn’t do anything.” Lisa cried out as she appeared at the front door.

“You lied Lisa! I know what you did and don’t bother denying it. All I wanted to say was that if you come near me or my family I will make your life a living fucking hell. I’m through with you forever this time.” I spat and turned to leave before either one of them had time to respond. I had to get that out before I broke down. Once Rae has the proof then she can deal with the rest of the fall out. I just want to be done with Lisa once and for all and move on with my life. I may or may not get Lo back, but I know for sure that I will have my daughters and that is all that I need right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Alex's confrontation with Lisa wasn't that dramatic, but he really just had to get the words 'I'm done with you' out so he can officially move on with his life. He's been saying since the accident that he has no idea what to do next. He's been letting others deal with his mess, but he knew that he had to deal with it himself too and he really didn't want to make a scene. He just wanted to say his piece and get back to his family.

And I like how he dealt with meeting Isaac. He wasn't confrontational, he knew his choices were bad and he regrets everything that happened. But he was willing to be the bigger man and say thanks to Isaac for being there for Lo even though it hurt him more than anything to know that she had moved on. He may have been about to marry Lisa, but he was doing what he thought Lo wanted from him. You'll see that part come out next chapter when he talks to Lo more in depth.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Leave me some feedback, please! Thanks for reading!