Status: Slowly but surely

A New Life

Partners

It’s been about a week of being in Forks and I could honestly say it wasn’t as horrible as I thought it was going to be. I mean the whispering didn’t exactly go away and Edward continued to stare at me all the time but I had managed to keep friends which was a huge first for me. Today was Friday and I was completely and utterly excited because that meant that I was going to get all weekend to take pictures. I was planning on finding some way to get to La Push to explore the beach there. I walked into my music class that I had with Edward. I took my seat which was next to the window so I could basically zone out since Mr. Roberts just let us write, mess around with the instruments, or just go to one of the two practice rooms they had for the music department. I then managed to look at the board to see Group Project today on the board and I groaned and put my head on my desk. I absolutely hated group projects because I always got the bad group where I was the one who did the whole thing. The bell rang telling everyone that we had class and I watched as everyone who walked in groaned like I did. The final bell rang, and Mr. Roberts came into the classroom and smiled at us.

“As you all read today I’m going to be assigning a group project that is going to be due right before Thanksgiving break,” he said, “And to make things a bit easier for you all I’m going to assign your partner.”

Again I put my head on my desk and sighed.

This is going to suck, I sighed to myself.

Mr. Roberts started listing the groups and I was hoping I would get a good partner so I wouldn’t be the one who had to create the music and the lyrics. I was about to lose hope because most of the good partners were already paired up. However when I heard my name and my partners name I was completely shocked.

“Grace Potter and Edward Cullen you two are partners,” he said and continued with the list.

Once he was done, he told us to get with our partner and to talk about ideas. I looked behind me to find that Edward was already making his way towards me and he sat next to me.

“So what do you want to do?” he asked, “Any ideas?”

I then looked at my notebook that held most of the songs I had written over the years and looked over at Edward.

“Before I voice my ideas do you have any?” I asked and I looked over at Edward who was looking at the notebook and then back at me.

“All I want is to be able to play the piano,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Okay,” I said and opened my notebook full of the songs I had managed to write.

Since photography was my first passion, music was definitely my second passion. Photography was able to capture my emotions and music was a way that I could release them. I flipped through my songs and I found two that might work. I liked one more than the other but they were written within three months of each other. I looked at the date and frowned. This was during a time in my life that I never wanted to go back and relive. I looked up to find Edward waiting patiently for me as he was writing down something in his notebook.

“What are you writing?” I asked as I marked both songs.

“A new piece,” he said, “I write instrumental pieces. I’m not very good. . .with words you could say.”

“I find that hard to believe,” I said.

“It’s true,” he said, “Did you find a song you wanted to try out?”

“I actually have a couple,” I said, “We can see if Mr. Roberts will let us use his copier and I’ll let you have a copy of each and maybe you can read them and let me know later.”

I then stood up quickly and made my way to Mr. Roberts’s desk. I made my copies of the songs and gave them to Edward.

“Read them and let me know. Monday we can really work on it,” I said.

“Or we can work on it tomorrow if you want,” Edward said, “You can come over and we can work in the piano room I have. You can bring your guitar.”

“Um. . .sure,” I said a bit nervously.

“I can pick you up too,” he said, “If you want.”

“Okay,” I said and wrote my address on his paper, “That’s my address.”

The bell rang and I looked over at Edward.

“By the way Edward I accept your apology now,” I said and out of the corner of my eye I saw Edward smile slightly.

*****************


Today I was going to Edward’s house to work on our project. I was finishing up getting ready when my mom yelled for me saying that Edward was here. I quickly grabbed my guitar case and bag and headed upstairs to find Edward standing in the front hallway.

“Hey,” Edward said when he saw me and smiled.

“Hey,” I replied and gave him a small smile, “I just need to grab my shoes and then we can go.”

“Okay,” he said, “I’ll bring your guitar to the car then.”

“Okay,” I said a bit nervously.

“Don’t worry I’ll be careful with it,” he said smiling at me and I nodded my head blushing slightly.

I then rushed into the kitchen and my mom was sitting at the breakfast bar smirking.

“He’s cute,” my mom said, “You should go on a date with him.”

“Mom,” I said grabbing my TOMs and a package of poptarts, “We’re just partners for a project in music. I don’t even think we’re friends.”

“Well he seems a lot nicer than what you described him as,” she said and I just rolled my eyes.

“We decided to start over,” I lied partially.

Edward and I had started over but it was because I decided to stop being a child. I had slipped on my shoes and then grabbed my jacket and kissed my mom’s cheek.

“Have fun with Charlie today,” I winked at her which caused her blush.

Charlie and my mom had been spending a lot of time together since moving here and I think it was because my mom had some feelings for him. I also noticed every time I made a comment she would just blush. I made it out the door to find Edward just leaning against the car smiling lightly at me. On the front porch I decided I liked this friendlier Edward than the one I had met about a week ago. I got to Edward and he opened the passenger door for me.

“Well aren’t you just the perfect gentleman,” I said and he just laughed.

“You could say that,” he chuckled as he shut the door and then made his way to the driver’s side of the car.

He then turned on the car and I smiled lightly at the song playing. It was the instrumental version of Make You Feel My Love by the famous Bob Dylan. I hummed the song lightly and I could feel Edward staring at me.

“This is one of my favorite songs,” I said quietly as we drove to Edward’s house.

“It’s one of my favorites as well,” Edward said, “It’s got a beautiful message.”

“Agreed,” I said, “My favorite person to sing it is actually Adele though.”

“Really?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

“I have to say my favorite is Bob Dylan,” he said and I turned to look at him and nodded my head.

When we pulled off the main road, I looked over at Edward and he smiled lightly at me.

“We live a bit outside of town and off the main road,” Edward said and I nodded my head.

“It must be nice,” I said, “Living out of town. It’s like a personal privacy thing. If people really want to hang out they have to make an effort.”

“Kind of,” Edward said as we pulled up to his house and I literally just looked at the house shocked.

It was absolutely beautiful in my opinion. It was sleek and very modern. They had an outdoor patio and what looked like to be a very large garage. The way the house was set up with the plants was absolutely beautiful. If I had my camera with me I definitely would’ve taken a picture of this. I was taken out of my thoughts when my door opened and Edward smiled at me.

“Sorry,” I blushed embarrassed because I didn’t know how long he was standing there, “Lost in my own world.”

“It’s completely fine,” he smiled as he grabbed my bag and guitar case.

“I can carry everything,” I said, “You don’t have to do that.”

“I don’t mind,” Edward said and I nodded my head not used to having a guy be willing to grab my bags for me.

We walked in the front door and I was still completely and utterly shocked. The house was so clean yet very warm and inviting.

“Come on,” Edward smiled lightly at me, “I think Esme said she was making something for us to eat.”

“Okay,” I said as we walked up the stairs into the main part of the house.

The minute we walked into the living room, everyone turned to look at us and I mean the entire Cullen family was here. I was a bit shocked but then again it was a Saturday.

“Grace you know Alice and Jasper from school,” Edward said and I smiled and waved at the two.

“Hey guys,” I smiled lightly at them.

“Finally,” Alice said smiling at me, “When you get bored with Edward come find me and we’ll hang out.”

She then disappeared and I just shook my head lightly and smiled.

“I’m Carlisle,” the man with blonde hair said sticking his hand out, “And you look exactly like your mother.”

“Thanks,” I said, “And it’s nice to finally meet you instead of hearing all the nice things my mother says about you.”

Carlisle just smiled at us and then I noticed a blonde haired girl and a burly looking boy looking at us.

“And then that’s Emmett and Rosalie,” Edward said, “They graduated last year.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said and Rosalie just gave me a small, curt, fake smile and then left.

I was about to ask what I did wrong but Emmett beat me to it.

“Rose is just having a bad day,” he said, “Don’t worry about her. It’s nice to meet you Grace.”

He then disappeared and I just stood there still confused.

“Is this the girl you talk about all the time?” I heard a woman ask and I spun around to find Edward giving the woman a quit it look and I smiled lightly.

“You talk about me Cullen?” I asked and Edward groaned.

“I’m Esme,” she said pulling me in for a hug, “You must be Grace.”

I was taken off guard for a minute but quickly recovered and hugged her back.

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Cullen,” I said and she laughed this melodic laugh and she her head.

“Call me Esme,” she said.

“And please call me Carlisle,” Carlisle added and I nodded my head.

“Well I’m going to show her the music room and then I’ll come back for the food Esme,” Edward said and grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall.

“Your family seems very nice,” I said making a comment as we walked down the hall.

“They can be a pain when they want to be,” Edward said shaking his head and I smiled lightly.

“All families are like that not just yours,” I giggled, “You haven’t spent any time at my house and be grateful for it. My mom sings to the radio at the top of her lungs off key.”

Edward just chuckled as he pushed the door open and I stood in the doorway completely and utterly blown away. The room had a piano and a wall full of guitars. One of the walls was painted in the chalk paint and there were writings and notes all over it. There was a place to sit and write music and a small TV was hanging on the wall.

“Do you like it?” Edward asked.

“I’m definitely coming over here more often,” I said, “This place is amazing.”

“The way you are with photography I am with music,” Edward said and I smiled at him.

“Well you definitely are lucky,” I said.

“Let me go get my notes and the food and we’ll start okay?” he said and I nodded my head and walked over to the couch where Edward had set my things down.

I then grabbed my bag and pulled out my song notebook and started pulling my guitar out. I was making sure it was still in tune, when Edward came back with his folder and a plate full of French toast, eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” I asked confused on seeing one plate.

“I ate before coming to get you,” Edward said and I just nodded my head.

“Well let’s work and eat,” I said, “Tell me your thoughts on the pieces I gave you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update everyone! Let me know what you think!