The Black Swan

013

The band did a couple of songs before they called it quits. The show was quite enjoyable to say the least. As a band they weren’t that bad, I could even imagine being a closet fan of theirs. Imagine me going down to the music store and desperately searching for one of their cd’s. You think it wouldn’t ever happen? Oh but it would... and it will. As soon as I’ll be home I’ll do it and that is a pretty big deal, cause god knows I had never throughout my whole existence bought a single cd, but that was it. I wasn’t planning on going all drool-face over their existence like the majority of girls here did. I couldn’t say I liked the arrogance that illuminated from them here and there, but I guess it all belonged to the show.

As soon as Matt got off the stage he went towards Jenna to give her a small peck on the lips. I didn’t know they were this official, but then again, what did I know? I had the feeling of people hiding shit from me recently, but god knew I found everything out eventually. And when I say everything, I really mean everything.

The bass player which I didn’t know passed me with a confused stare, then the other guitar player came towards me, but to only get a bottle of beer which was standing on the speaker. It didn’t seem like he noticed me... at all. The drummer which I happened to know as the Rev, which I knew wasn’t his name for fact, I mean nobody’s parents hated them enough to give them such a shitty name that’s for starters, but man, if they did, they were deeply disturbing people. The Rev disappeared before I even happened to greet him and vice versa.

„Where were you?” I heard Matt ask Jenna as he put his heavily tattooed arm around her shoulder. It seemed like every single one of them had sleeves. To toughen up the act, I supposed.

„Got caught up in something,” She answered simply as she rested her head on his shoulder.

„Oh yeah?” He wiped his forehead with the corner of his shirt. „What?”

„Ally couldn’t decide what hat to wear,” They both turned against me.

„But she’s not wearing one,” Matt frowned eyeing me. So now it was my fault. Gee, thanks, Jenna. If only she could admit she was addicted to Ian Somerhalder, then she wouldn’t need to come up with a lie now and then.

„Yeah, she decided to go without one,”

„You’re shitting me?”

„Yup,” I replied on her behalf, with a very satisfying smile on my face. Matt started laughing while Jenna gave me a glare. Oh, pipe the hell down, J. It’s not like the guy doesn’t know every little detail about you.

„Who’s this pretty lady?” I saw the other guitarist sneaking up on me, while Brian had gone to help the technicians with something. I just wanted to apologize and get going, I didn’t want to make new friends.

„Being your charming self again, Zack?” Jenna grabbed the beer out of this guy’s hand and took a good swig, making Matt chuckle.

„I’m sorry, I just couldn’t resist myself,” He shrugged, „Sew me if it’s illegal.”

„I’m Ally,” I said simply, having no intentions in getting in his pants or whatsoever.

„So, Ally, did you like the show?”

„It was okay,”

„Okay?” Zack looked dumbfounded, what else did he want me to say? I was not going to say it was awesome, cause it was not. For a show to be awesome it had to have flying unicorns. Did they have flying unicorns? Nope. „Just okay?”

„Fine, it was... enjoyable.” I made a small make-believe smile and looked in his eyes. My god, he had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. They were in the shade of light blue, but they were not simple. They had a somewhat texture to them. I could’ve fallen for the guy just because of his eyes.

„Ally’s not the biggest fan of our band,” Matt cut in.

„You’re not?” Zack exclaimed, „How’s that possible?” Arrogant much? But Matt was wrong, I didn’t even know why he came up with a statement of that kind, I had never told I hated what they did. In a matter of fact,I enjoyed their music. At least those couple of songs I managed to hear when I hadn’t zoomed out, thinking about the club. Boy it was stressing me out.

„She doesn’t have time for great music,” Jenna teased, as for me- I shrugged, trying to spot Brian, who had disappeared in thin air. Well, that’s just my luck.

„Are you looking for something?”

„Someone, actually,” I replied. As much as I didn’t want to admit, I needed to chat to Brian.

„She’s here to see Gates.” Matt answered on my behalf. I didn’t get this, why couldn’t I answer for myself? It wasn’t like my mouth was sewed shut. It was starting to piss me off.

„Oh... You’re Syn’s girl?” I gave Zack a look you would give a crazy person.

„Who’s my girl?” And there he was, the good old bastard himself. Emerging from somewhere behind with a great grin on his face. „Oh, hey, Ally, didn’t see you there.”

„So you’re not sleeping together?” I nearly choked on my own saliva, while Brian just the opposite. He went in to hardcore laughter. Well, this was awkward. It was hard to make me feel awkward, but hell, this specimen right here managed to do it.

„Smooth, Zacky, real smooth.” Matt burst in laughter. „Come on, Vengeance, let’s find Jimmy, I heard he went booze hunting.”

„But...”

„Let’s go dumbass,” Jenna grabbed him by his arm, leaving me and Brian all alone, well besides some roadies and sound technicians.

„So you didn’t see me,” I crossed my arms over my chest, raising an eyebrow on him.

„No,” He took a mouthful of his beer, „I was too mindblown by that middle finger of yours.”

„I think you deserved it,” I mimicked the previous action of Jenna’s and took Brian’s beer away.

„Carefully, it’s poisoned.” He spoke, stopping the bottle from connecting with my lips.

„If it truly was, you wouldn’t have told me in the first place,” I downed the bitter liquid. To think about it, it really was poisonous... to my liver. But what wasn’t nowadays?

„So, I know you’re not here for our music and hell, you’re not here for me either, so I have to ask, why are you here?”

„You’re wrong, mister smartass. I longed for our little chit-chats.” I lied straight to his face.

„The one’s where you ditch me in the middle of our conversation?” Brian ignored the small insult and giggled. He felt awfully giggly this evening. I started thinking Matt Berry was one heck of a liar, cause it didn’t seem like Brian was flipping out or whatsoever. „Yeah, I missed them too.”

„Yo, Gates!” Finally I got a glimpse of Jimmy’s face as he waved towards Brian, „We’ve got some fan’s waiting for us,”

„Be there in a sec, Rev,” Brian turned his head to look over his shoulder and see Jimmy nodding with a strange smile on his face.

„Oh, and bring your girl along, I need a drinking buddy that might actually keep up with me,” And then he disappeared in the dark.

„Why is everyone reffering to me as your girl?” That was if there was none other girl around and frankly, I didn’t see anyone else besides myself. We started off in the direction everyone else had gone just moments before. And to be dead honest, I didn’t want to see yet another girl who ate the guys up just with her stare and the drinking part wasn’t appealing enough although just an hour ago I wanted to get some Ballantines which I knew wasn’t the best choice for my body. See the last time me and Jenna drank that piece of crap was at one of the rare Fridays I had off. It seemed a super great idea at the time, we both had a day off, we craved a good spin and the scotch wasn’t from the most expensive end, so that seemed a win-win situation. Well the fact that I didn’t remember how we left her apartment spoke for itself and I believed we hit the downtown later on. I have no memories of the clubs we visited other than the fact that I was sleeping in her lap, the sun was already up and we were on a bench in Central Park. I was so drunk I don’t remember how I managed to get my wasted ass home, I only know I fell asleep on my couch, slept for good seven hours and woke up drunk still. Usually the booze leaves my body in a couple of hours, but not this one. It seemed like it’d came straight from hell alongside with tequila and Jagermeister.

„Maybe because I don’t do this normally,” We passed a guy who was carrying some guitar-cases.

„What do you mean by ‘this’?”

„Well this...” He pointed out, „I don’t do friends. Either I fuck the girl or I marry her, there’s no in between.”

„And Jenna?” He raised his dark eyebrow. „I mean, you’re not married to her and you obviously don’t fuck her, otherwise Matt would kill you... Are you lying?”

„No,” He snorted, „Me and Jenna didn’t quite take off the good start to say the least. And nothing has changed since.”

„You wanted to get her in bed, didn’t you?”

„What can I say, a guy has needs.” I was surprised he didn’t deny it. Usually guys don’t speak about how they screw up, and to admit that they want’s girls only to sleep with them? Guys don’t tell this kind of shit to the girls they see something more than just a friend. So... either he saw me as one of his pals, or... No, there was no ‘or’. That was it. I ranked under the category of lamp.

„You could’ve eased your beastly urges elsewhere. She hates every guy who tries to fuck her in first place.”

„Why didn’t you warn me then?” He shoved his hands in the pockets of his dark jeans. I believed we weren’t even familiar at the time. It was the time when I didn’t party, at the time there were only three things for me- my job, my cat and the beach. The water made me calm. I was rehabilitating from... everything.

„Why would I? Seeing her kick your bony ass is very... refreshing.”

„My ass is not bony,” He stopped hot on his tracks to look at his backside. I rolled my eyes, such a clown.

„Yeah, keep thinking that way,” I laughed, moving forward not waiting for him to play out his small act.

„The majority have told I have a fine ass.”

„They must’ve been blind.”

„So you’ve deliberated your thoughts on me?” Oh so he’s hoping to hear that apology after all. Bastard. But I’d really over-thought the whole thing and to be honest? He wasn’t that bad, now that I realized he doesn’t want to get anywhere near my underwear, I could even think over about being nice to him.

„Yes, I’m sorry I called you crates, but you have to admit it though it makes a lot more sense if you change gates to crates,” My gaze slid to see his disgruntled physiognomy. „Just saying.”

„So you won’t give a proper apology...”

„Hey, this is the best you can get from me... I don’t do no apology, deal with it.”

„You are... something else.”

„No, I’m Ally. Nothing else.”

„I think you and Jimmy would do just fine,”

„So now you’re hooking me up?”

„Just telling your odds.”

We were nearly at the door of their changing room, at least I supposed it was where they chilled a little judging by the bouncers at the each side of the door and then this crazy idea hit me. Usually I waved them off, but this seemed good enough. Like I had shot two rabbits with one bullet.

„Listen, I have a proposition,”

„I’m listening,”

„I want you guys to play for me.”

„I beg your pardon?”

„Hey, this is my way of apologizing, besides, your pay check will be very generous...” I had never been a salesmen type of person, so the idea itself would have to do.

One of the bouncers opened the door for us, greeting Brian with a nod. This act seemed very similar to the one I saw the night before. Then it hit me, Brian was the same as Roy, not Andrew. Why did it even occur to me that two of them were alike? A stupid, very stupid idea. „We’ll talk about it later.”

We paced into the room to see a couple of girls excitedly waiting for Brian. Oh boy, here we go...
♠ ♠ ♠
A major thanks goes to-

Snezenka;
InMyOwnWorld;
heathyrxmisery;
Metalwhore for commenting. you guys are the best.

oh and thank you for subscribing and recommending, means a lot to me.