Status: Updates as often as possible

The One That Got Away?

Double Take

Lorie jerked awake at the sound of James' chuckling voice. She rubbed her eyes trying to make sense of what just happened. Where did Sidney go? What happened to her bedroom? She looked down to find herself dressed in this mornings clothes and in the front seat of James' car apparently half asleep.

"Did you know you make this adorable squeaking noise when you sleep?" James asked her smiling. Wait, had she been dreaming? No... It wasn't possible. It all seemed so real, it seemed like it was something that couldn't be imagined. Sidney was so angry with her, but that wasn't the Sidney she knew. That Sidney was filled with hate and anger, he was mean and cruel. Had she dreamed Sidney to be that way because she secretly hoped he was that way? It would make everything so much easier if he was cruel and hateful. What stuck her though was the power he had over her. If Maegan or Summer had said that about her mom it would have hurt her and possibly infuriated her, but not destroy her.

A daunting realization set on Lorie. Sidney had the power to destroy her if he wanted to. It had never mattered before what men thought of her, she was independent and slightly feminist, she didn't need a mans approval nor did she want it. But something about Sidney was so comet let different from everyone's else, he made her want to seek approval, she wanted to be praised by him. His acceptance of her mattered and so did his opinion. She wanted him to like her and care for her. In fact, she needed it.

Lorie shuddered at the thought. What would Sidney do if he knew the power he held over her. What would he do if he knew how much she cared for him? Would he take advantage of it and hurt her or would he cherish her? What was she kidding, he would never want her. He had. Maegan for crying out loud! Lorie scoffed at herself for even entertaining the thought.

"I do?" Lorie asked James trying to keep her mind off Sidney.

"It's rather adorable." James sad sweetly while wiggling his eyebrows. Lord, he was such a goof.

James drove Lorie home and she looked at Sidney's house with dread. What if she walked into what she had dreamed? She knew she would never be able to recover if he said something even remotely similar to what she had imagined. She leaned over and kissed James on the cheek before getting out of the car and walking up the staris. She grasped the handle and let out a few shuddering, anxious breaths before turning the handle.

"Lorie is that you?" A nervous sounding Sidney called out and she heard thundering steps coming from the living room. A moment later his muscular frame filled the hallway and a look of relief washed across his eyes before her came bounding in her direction. He a jumped Lorie up in a bone-crushing hug, holding on for dear life. He hand one arm wrapped around her neck and shoulders the other across the middle if her back, pressing her into him. He breathed in her hair and nuzzled into her neck letting out a deep inhale. He smiled and held her tight, praying to never let go.

"You scared me so much. Please don't ever leave without telling me where you're going again, it scared me half to death." Sidney held her tighter and swayed slightly back and forth. It seemed he wanted to make sure it was actually Lorie he was holding and not someone else.

"I promise." Lorie said and returned the hug. Yep, she was screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not updating. I'm really sick and it hasn't been fun! This is really short because I wanted it to be it's own chapter! Hope you like the shake up! Tell me what you want to see moving forward! PLEASE COMMENT ANF SUBSCRIBE!! Love you all!!