A Dancing Bride

Prologue

Chapter 1

I take in a deep breath, out of boredom as I listen to my father speak with his club 'friends'. More like 'oh, we all have plenty of money, so I couldn't possibly be seen with anyone else'. They start speaking about the bizarre choices that David Cameron have been making when I decided I couldn't take anymore. I slowly turned to my right "Mother, do you mind if I went on a walk for some fresh air?"

She looked at me with her perfect smile flashing her perfect teeth. "Make sure you're home before dark. I want you to practice your routine before you clean up for dinner." I smiled and excused my self from the room.

I walked to my room to change into something more comfortable. I jumped on my bed and grabbed my phone and opened up a new text. "Meet me at the beach in 10!" I smiled as I pressed send. I quickly changed into jeans and a light pink tank top. I grabbed my purse and started towards the front door when some one stood in my way.

"Emma, where are going?" Great! Just what I need. My older sister Emily was standing in front of me with her hand on her hip with a stern look on her face.

"I'm going for a walk on the beach" I replied innocently.

Suspicion grew on her face. "Okey. I'll come with y-"

"No, you can't!" I panicked "I mean, father has guests round, it would be rude if we both left. And we go back home in a couple of days, I just want to be alone for an hour." That sounds believable right?

She looked into my eyes "You're going to see that boy again aren't you?" I just stared ahead. I guess my story wasn't believable enough. "Emma, he's no good for you. He's at least 10 years older than you -"

"6 years actually!" I quickly through in.

"But still Emma. He has long black hair. He swears like a sailor. And I was sure I saw a little unwashed eyeliner on his eyes. You're throwing your self into a situation where you're bound to get hurt."

" For one I'm pretty sure you imagined the make-up, so don't be silly and two, like I said, we are going home soon and he will be returning back to America. It's just a little holiday romance. It doesn't mean anything. I won't get hurt. I promise." I might as well be on my hands and knees begging her.

"I don't know" she said with a concerned voice.

"Please just don't tell mother and father! I'll be home by 6 o'clock." I gave her my best puppy dog eyes.

She let out a sigh and moved aside. I let out a little squeak of excitement and ran outside.

I was facing the water feeling the wind blow my hair when I feel two strong tattooed arms wrap around my body. "I didn't think I was going to be able to see you today." The owner of the arms whispered against my neck.

I turned around in his arms and wrapped my own around his neck. "I didn't think I would either. Especially when Emily worked out I was coming to meet you." I said while looking into his dreamy eyes.

"I get the distinct feeling you sister doesn't like me." He replied with a slight chuckle.

"Well can you blame her Ashley?" I moved out of his arms and sat on the cool moist sand. "You're so different from the culture that I'm from. We are brought up to think men should be smartly dressed and hair stay trimmed and tidy. And getting a tattoo would be out of the question. She just doesn't understand." Why I'm defending her, I don't know.

"Then what do you see in me then Em?" He said while sitting beside me.

I smiled and turned towards him "I see a whole knew world." I said while running my fingers threw his hair. " I see a colourful art bored, with so much to read into." I slowly ran my fingers down his arm.

He leaned forward. "I'm going to miss you." He whispered against my lips. "I'm going to miss this." He slowly said as he kissed me. I let my self melt into the kiss for a minute.

"When do you leave?" I asked trying to stop the lump from forming in my throat.

"My flight leaves at 6am tomorrow morning." He lowered his head avoiding eye contact.

"Do you think this will be the last time we will see each other?" I know, so much for just a holiday romance.

He sighed. "Probably. I live in America and you live in England. We live in two totally different worlds." He looked at me. "I wouldn't exchange this past month with you for the world though."

"Yeah, back to graphic design for you and back to dance school for me." I wasn't sure if I imagined it but I was sure I saw a flicker in his eyes when I said 'back to graphic design'. He's probably just upset he has to get back to the world of reality. I know I am.

The next two hours we just cuddled on the beach hoping the good-byes don't have to come yet. But they do and they did.

I'm 18 and this holiday contained the most amazing and most awful moments of a teenage girls life. Finding love and then losing it all too quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This idea came to me after I was having trouble finding a really good Ashley Purdy story.

I love reading and writing so if you do know of a good one please let me know :)

Also let me know what you think of this story so far.