Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Chapter 17

I flipped through the one magazine that Sara had laying around in her apartment as I watched Sergio pace the room. He had a meeting with the executives at Real Madrid about the possibility of him making his way back into the team.

“Your gonna burn a hole in that carpet and we don’t have the money to pay Iker and Sara back” I laughed as I tried to ease his nerves.

“Sorry I’m just nervous” he laughed as he sat down at my feet.

“I’m gonna do well babe. I promise. I’m gonna start building us the kind of life you deserve” he explained.

I got of the sofa as I sat down on the floor with Sergio.

“Babe no matter what life we lived I’d be happy as long as we are together” I mussed before leaning forward and giving him a kiss.

When I pulled away he had the biggest grin on his face.

“I love you Reyna Gonzalez”

“I love you too Sergio Ramos” I kissed him before bidding him farewell and hoping that everything worked out.

***

I breathe heavily as I ran my last lap around the Valdebebas pitch. The coaches were making me go through the regular training methods and even though I had spent half my life doing these exercises, today I felt completely unfit.

“Ramos bring it in” Carlo Ancelotti called as I ran towards him and his assistants.

I breathed heavily as I watched them whisper before making speaking.

“You know that you are below the level that is required of a professional footballer right?”

I nodded yes because I knew he was right. As much as I had tried I still wasn’t as the level I needed to be in order to play professionally.

“I know sir. Thank you for your time and good luck for the season”

I began to walk away when an angry grunt from Ancelotti called me back.

“I wasn’t done speaking” he reprimanded as I looked down.

“Sorry sir. I should have let you finish”

I apologised as he raised an eyebrow.

“You’ll get a 6 month contract just until the end of the season. We’ll asses your potential after that. Zubi has your contract. Just go sign it and see you at practise on Monday”

He stated before he and his assistants walked away.

I held in the smile as I walked to the offices of the executives to sign my contract.

***

“Keep your eyes closed” I ordered Reyna as I waited to show her my surprise.

“Come on Sergio tell me what’s happening?”

I just laughed at her whining as I kept my eye on the surprise. It had been a week since my contract signing with Madrid. It had been amazing and I had fitted in again with the team like I had never been away.

The perks of the contract also made the experience extra special. The contract came with a fully furnished house plus access to a car. Reyna and I were currently moving into the house and I had planned a little extra special renovation that I knew would make her happy.

“Ta da” I sang as I removed my hands from her eyes so she could see what I was hiding.

“Sergio this is…” she breathed as she stepped into the kitchen and inspected the newly furnished space.

I had asked for the top of the range of everything be placed into the space so that Reyna could have a space for her to cook and bake to her hearts content.

“You didn’t have to do this” she smiled as she stood in the middle of the kitchen.

“Oh babe but I needed too. You’ve given up everything for me its only fair that I start repaying you” I smiled as I walked closer to her and kissed her.

When we pulled apart I could help but smile at her flushed cheeks.

“This place is gonna be great for my practical’s” she laughed as I looked on in confusion.

“Practical’s for what?”

“I got accepted into culinary school. I just thought that I’d add something to my repertoire before I tried to open another shop” she explained as I broke out into a smile.

“Babe I’m so proud of you”

I admitted as I reattached our lips.

“All our dreams are finally coming true” she whispered before I grabbed onto her hips and placed her on the counter.

I planned on celebrating our achievements the whole night and on every surface in this kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…