Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Chapter 19: Cracks starting to show

“Oh Reyna its nice to finally meet you honey” Irina said in her think Russian accent as she gave me a cheek-to-cheek kiss.

Sara, Nagore and Carlota all repeated the action as we sat down for lunch at one of the most expensive restaurants in Madrid.

The ladies all ordered salads while I declined anything to eat even though I wanted to order a burger. It was bad enough I was the newbie in this situation, I didn’t want them to see me as a pig as I gulped down on a carbo-loaded meal.

“So Reyna how’s Madrid treating you?” Carlota questioned as we got into our meal.

“Its been good been good. Sergio has been treating me well so has his family”

“And the paparazzi?” Irina asked as she ate the green meal.

“I don’t really pay attention to them” I answered and they all laughed.

“Oh sweetie that’s so cute” Sara commented and I looked on in confusion. She shook her head as she explained.

“Reyna when you are a beautiful female who happens to be dating one of the best players in the world you need to pay attention to those pervs. You may not like them but they help pay the bills. The more pictures they take of you, the more Sergio’s fans will grow to like you and trust me you need that support. Those fans can be pretty vicious ask Sergio’s ex Lara…”

She continued as I listened on intently. I somehow doubted that the fans were really that interested in me. Sergio was the celeb and his fans were happy to see him back on the pitch, I doubt that even cared to know who he was with.

“The paps are just the tip of the iceberg” Nagore interrupted as she continued were Sara left off. “You’re clothing has to change as well if you are going to keep Sergio interested. The cute hand me downs may have worked when you to where in the woods but the city in Madrid is like a jungle. You need to make sure Sergio’s eyes are always on you” she stated as she took a sip on her drink.

“Sergio isn’t like that. He doesn’t care about the shallow things” I assured her but they all laughed.

“That’s how he maybe at home but when he steps outside there are a whole line of women ready to offer him what he is not getting from you at the moment. You need to up your game and of that means dressing sexier or changing up your look, you are going to have to do it” Carlota suggested as he took in my outfit.

I crossed my arms at her comment as I just finished off my drink.

“You know what? I have an idea” Irina spoke up in an attempt to ease the tension. “Why don’t we take her shopping?” she suggested without even looking at me. “I mean the girl obviously needs some advice and who better than the 4 of us to show her the ropes?” she explained as they all nodded.

I opened my mouth to protest but she just dismissed me.

“Oh come on Reyna don’t be a party pooper. We aren’t taking no for an answer. And anyway I know a nice little lingerie shop that will offer you things that I guarantee will always keep Sergio interested” she winked before throwing the money to pay the bill on the table and leading me out of the restaurant. With the rest of the girls following behind us.

~

I glanced at the clock that read 2:45 am before finally deciding to close my eyes and going to sleep.

Sergio had still not made it home after his away game that ended almost five hours ago. I had called him repeatedly but his phone kept on going to voicemail and despite my fears I chose not to leave a message because I didn’t want him to think I was suffocating him.

So I just closed my eyes as I tried desperately to go to sleep.

I had managed to doze off but was awoken an hour later with the sound of the bedroom door being slammed shut.

I heard Sergio walk around the room but he didn’t switch on the lights so I kept still, not wanting him to think I had stayed up all night waiting for him to comeback.

After a few minutes of him shuffling around the room he finally fell into bed.

He didn’t make an attempt to see of I was still awake but rather just stretched his arm out to bring me closer as he fell asleep.

Normally this action would comfort me but as I took in the smell of female perfume that stunk on his clothes, I knew that the girls where right.

Madrid was a jungle when it came to keeping Sergio’s attention. I need to up my game if I’m going to keep him interested in me.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...