Sequel: Beyond
Status: Complete. Sequel is up now.

Avidity

Waiting

"I died?" Eden laughed softly. "That's creepy, but it was just a dream. It doesn't mean it will actually happen. So don't worry."

John smiled tightly and moved closer, placing an arm around her. "How about we get a drink and you can call the precinct to see if they have any leads?"

Eden, who looked entirely too comfortable, nodded. "That sounds good. I could use a drink. This whole ordeal is stressful enough."

It's just going to get worse.

**


"I'm sorry about Daniel," John said.

He and Eden were sitting in the back of Millers, glasses full of beer and wine.

"It's just too much," Eden muttered. "I don't understand. Daniel was such a nice guy who never hurt anyone. I don't know who would want to do this to him."

John stiffened slightly at her words. Then he stood.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to go," he murmured. "I don't feel well."

"Okay," Eden said. "Feel better. I'll text you later."

He needed to finish this.

**


John paced, furious, rage coursing through his entire body. When there was a knock on his door, he composed himself long enough to open it. Eden stood there, all windswept hair and hazel eyes. She didn't say a word as John gripped the back of her head and crashed her body against his. When his mouth found hers, her lips parted eagerly, and her breath quickened as his touched her.

"I've been waiting so long for this," he whispered.

Then he pulled her inside and slammed the door.