Sequel: Beyond
Status: Complete. Sequel is up now.

Avidity

Panic

John heard the sirens, and saw the police cars as they turned the corner. He was a block away from Daniel's, but he stopped when they flew passed. His eyes tailed them until the red and blue lights disappeared down the road.

Then he backtracked and crept close enough to the house where he could observe casually without being seen as suspicious. Just a random citizen who heard the noise and wanted to see what was going on.

He watched as the cops entered the house. It took several minutes for them to come out. When the did, they grabbed something yellow from the trunk of one of the cars. John smirked as they set up the DO NOT CROSS crime scene tape.

He pulled out Daniel's phone, scrolled through his contacts and sent Eden a text.

Please call.

The phone buzzed in his hand.

Call from Eden flashed across the screen.

"Showtime," he whispered, and answered. "Eden? It's John. I don't know what happened. I was just out walking, but there's cops everywhere - they said this is his house. I found Daniel's phone. I didn't know what else to do. You need to get here, it's not good."

She was frantic.

Her panic was delightful.

Now all he had to do was wait.