‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Welcome to My Life

I place my hand over Tania’s belly marveling at the thought that my baby is growing inside of her. This amazing, brilliant woman, is carrying my baby. She smiles sweetly at me from where she lays on the bed. I kneel over the side of the bed, leaning closer so that I can rest my head on her stomach. I can’t believe that I am going to be a father. Fatherhood was something that I always wanted, something that I dreamed of. For a brief moment Ally crosses my mind and I wonder if she would have ever given this to me. If she would have ever allowed us to be this happy together. I really thought I loved Ally, but compared to this relationship I have with Tania, what I felt for her was nothing. Ally never allowed me get this close to her, to see who she really is. She always had me blocked off, held me at a distance, I hope she gets over that fear. I hope one day she will allow herself to be loved. I kiss the place over Tania’s belly button and she runs her fingers through my hair.

I know people wonder where Tania came from, probably wondering if she was some rebound. Tania and I have been friends since childhood, she was my first kiss. My eighth grade prom date, and I had such a crush on her. When I started playing in Sleeping with Sirens in high school, she was applying here. So I convinced the guys in the band to do it too. She got in the year before and we spent that time apart. I guess we kind of drifted, then I met Ally. She respected my relationship and kept her distance. She would only say hi to me in public places and never sent me texts, she wanted to respect my girlfriend. When Ally left me distraught I ran to her, she was always the one who knew how to put my pieces back together again. I had no idea that it would be like this.

“Baby, I am going to work in half an hour, can you make me breakfast please?” She pulls me from my train of thoughts.

I look up at her and smile at the girl who had always waited for me to see how she loves me. I look at the light that is shinning on her. This girl is now a woman, who is now my wife, who is carrying my child. This is our bed in our room in our apartment. I am so happy to have this apartment for us and our baby to come. It's four doors down from my best friend and across the hall from Roxy. It is so nice, I feel like we are in our own world. I am happy that JT said we can stay on campus even after we had our baby. It was an added bonus until we get our own place after graduation. I will have to work hard, since I am on an accelerated program so that I can graduate at the same time as my wife. I love my wife. She is a hard working, focused woman, ready to do whatever it takes to make it work in our marriage. I am willing to do whatever it takes for her.

“Of course, do you want some chocolate chip pancakes with hash browns?” I tenderly caress her cheek. She nods a huge grin spreading across her face. “Will it be orange juice or some green tea this morning?”

I get up and make my way towards the kitchen.

“Orange juice please.” Her voice carries after me as I hear her enter the bathroom.

“You got it,” I say before I hear her close the door.

I hum happily as I cook up a big breakfast for two, well three. I make myself some bacon and eggs too, keeping the window open since the smell of bacon cooking makes Tania feel sick. I put the fan above the stove on to carry the smell out the window. I fried myself two eggs, made six pancakes, twelve strips of bacon and four hash browns. My baby is eating for two and I just love to eat. I set the table, poured her juice and my coffee and waited for her to get out of the shower. She comes out of the bathroom in her Cinnabon uniform with her hair wet from the shower. She is pulling it into a ponytail as she enters the kitchen. I could tell she washed it, I can smell her mango shampoo from the ten feet that separates us. She sees the table and her eyes light up.

“Mmm baby, it looks so good. Thank you.” She kisses me and I get up from my seat to pull out her chair so she can sit.

I gently push her chair in closer to the table and she waits until I sit to start eating. We eat and talk about the plans for today. Since I have an afternoon shift I will do our laundry and clean the kitchen, when she gets home she said she will tidy up our bedroom. She told me she plans to make us grilled chicken breast, with steamed vegetables, white rice and fresh baked dinner rolls for dinner tonight. I love that my baby cooks for me. She kisses me before leaving the table and thanks me again. I get up and walk her to the door. Grabbing her a light coat from the coat hook we have in our small foyer.

“Wear this, it may be a warm November day but I don’t want you to get sick.” I hold the coat behind her shoulders, so she can put her arms in.

She zips up, “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me Jack Fowler and I will never let you forget it.”

“I hope not,” I pull her into me and kiss her forehead.

“I have to be the happiest person in the world.” She looks into my eyes. “I don’t want to leave baby but I have to go to work.” She pouts at me. “I will see you at eight.”

“Have a good day. I love you Mrs. Fowler and little baby Fowler.” I put my hand on her belly again, “Call me on your break and if you need anything.”

“I love you and I will call you. I will also be sneak texting you in between customers too.” She kisses me again and I watch her walking down the hallway, catching up with Lizzy who was headed to work too. She turns around and waves, “Bye my prince, see you later.”

“Bye.”

Kellin looks over at me and comes out of his room. I leave my door open because I know that he was headed into my apartment.

“Good morning Jacquelyn,” Kellin says as he comes into my kitchen, leaning against the counter as he watches me start to clean up the mess from breakfast.

I laugh and roll my eyes at him, “Good morning Kaylyn.” He snickers, because I know that he makes breakfast every morning too. In fact he makes it in bed for Lizzy, with a little note on the tray that express his love. They are so cute bunnies die from their cuteness. “How’s the Missus feeling this morning?”

Lizzy looks like she is feeling a lot better. Gaining a healthy amount of weight, her hair is growing. She is smiling, with her eyes being filled with life again. It is good to see her on her feet once more. I grab a rag from under the sink, and some cleaning spray for the table. I start wiping down the table as he talks.

“She is so much better.” I can hear the relief so clearly in his voice. “She eats twice a day with a small snack in between now. She started working out since the doctors say it will help keep the cancer away. She is working more hours at Hot Topic now. We are enjoying each other’s company and have been going on dates again, all the stuff that I have been missing. I am so happy all of this is behind us.”

“I am so glad,” I look up at him and he is wearing a big smile.

“Anyway,” he pushes himself off the counter, “I have to get going. Our room could use some tidying up too, believe it or not I am neater then Lizzy is.” He laughs, and I could see that that quality of hers’ is endearing to him. “Don’t forget we have band practice tomorrow in the studio.”

“Yeah dude I know,” I roll my eyes at him, “just like every other Saturday afternoon. Tania will be working then so she won’t be there. But she said to make sure you know that she will still be making you and Lizzy those double chocolate chip cookies that you guys love so much.”

He pumps his fist into the air, “Yesssss!”

“See you later.” I wave at him before going back to my task.

I smile as I hear the door close. I am truly the happiest I have ever been in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let us know what you think about how Jack sees the world. Share this story with your friends.

-Hana ♥