‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Making Sense

“…I’m just really sorry that I didn’t tell you this before,” he sighed before looking up at me. “I just... I mean, I didn’t know that we would end up like this.” He reaches for my hand but stops short and sighs, running his hand through his hair instead. "I guess I thought, it was over a year ago, and well... I don’t know.” He bites the inside of his bottom lip and tries to smile. “I’ve never told anyone else.”

“You..” I trail off, not knowing how to respond.

This is completely unexpected. I mean one second we were flirting with idea of marriage and now this.

“Naomi?” Vic’s whisper cuts through my thoughts. “What are you thinking?”

“I think I need to go somewhere right now.” I abruptly stand up, lifting myself from his lap and rush to the door. “I’m sorry; I can’t be here right now.”

“I get it,” he said simply before I slam the door behind me.

I rush over to my room, fumbling as I unlock the door. I stumble in collapsing into my bed as soon as my knee hits the edge of it. I can’t believe what Vic just told me. My Vic. He kept it from me all this time! And Ally? I thought…..I thought she confided in me enough to tell me something that big. How could they do this and not tell me about this? Why would Ally keep this from me? If I would have known before….

No, I shouldn’t think like this. I would never regret my relationship with my beautiful Victor. I just don’t believe this really happened between them. I scream into my pillow and allow myself to sob freely. So much make sense now, all of Ally’s behavior around Vic. She is such a hypocrite! In my face about almost cheating on Reggie but she went behind Jack’s back to be with Vic. . . TWICE. Ugh.

I seriously thought we were closer than this, like sisters even. Why would she not tell me something so life changing? So crucial to why she loved Victor so much, but now I’m with him and I feel so…guilty. I mean, I shouldn’t because she didn’t say anything to me, not even hinted at it. Technically she was over him, right? We did have that talk and she had said that she wanted him. Damn, this is all too much for me right now!

I roll over to my back and stare up at the ceiling through my teary eyes. What now? I wanted to be his all, his everything, his only one. How am I supposed to be that if Ally is still haunting his mind? Does he still..? No. There’s no way. He has me after all. He constantly reminds me that I’m perfect to him and that I’m his world. There is no way that he has room for lingering thoughts of Ally to corrupt his mind. He has been pretty distracted lately... She’s not even here though! He hasn’t talked to her for the same amount of time I haven’t talked to her. Does he miss her more? I guess it makes sense since they knew each other longer. Is this what’s going to happen though? They have periods in time where they’re not talking to each other and he practically mourns over her?

They can’t take that night back. I’m sure it’s stuck with her as well. It’s eating at me completely; why didn’t she tell me? I feel more tears pouring down my face, my chest squeezing with all of this emotion. Before I know it hours have passed and I’m still in the same spot on my bed. I noticed Vic hasn’t texted me either. He is probably just giving me my space to let this sink in. What do I do now though? He and Ally have an unbreakable bond that I have yet to share with him. I bite down hard on my lip, and tug at the ends of my hair a bit out of pure frustration.

Should I talk to her about it? No, I can’t. She needs to approach me on her own. I mean it’s her secret not mine. Maybe she’s just ashamed of it? Yeah, that has to be it. She was ashamed that she cheated on Jack and now she doesn’t even want to bring it up. That’s fine. I will swallow my pride, talk to her, and just pry a confession out of her. I mean, there’s only so long we can go without talking to each other.

I pick up my phone and hold down my speed dial number 2 in order to confront her.

“You can do this-” I whisper to myself before she picks up.

“Naomi?” She says in a confused tone.

“Yeah, hi.”

“Oh Naomi,” she says before starting to cry.

“Whoa wait, what’s going on?” I ask, worried.

“I miss you so much. I just, I have-I need you,” she chokes out.

“Oh, that’s okay-“

“No it’s not,” she shouts, “I can’t be mad at you for being the one he wanted. It’s my fault.”

Is that how she saw it? I won Vic over and she lost him. In reality, that is exactly how it turned out; but hearing it from her kind of hurts.

“Well, I don’t know what to say Ally. I guess I’m just glad we can talk now.”

“Me too,” she sniffles, “I need you to come over as soon as you can. Just you.”

“Of course Ally,” I reply sympathetically, secretly relived.

Talking to her about the incident is going to be easier than I thought.

“Great,” I hear her laugh, “maybe your visit will put off my sharp little silver friend from visiting.”

Huh?

“Wait, what do you mean by that?”

“Oh, nothing,” she giggles again, dismissing her odd statement, “just hurry over, okay? Let me know when you plan on coming over. Bye.”

She hangs up; leaving me happy yet confused at the same time. I rush over to Vic’s room, ready to present the good news. I burst into his room, finding him sprawled out on his bed with a small glass of a shimmery-brown looking liquid. He looks up at me and quickly places it on his bedside table, hiding it from me. I ignore his action and spill out about my conversation with Ally.

“We totally made up, just like that, isn’t that great?”

“Yeah, it is,” he says with a small smile.

“No it’s okay, babe,” I say, planting myself onto his lap, “I’ll find some wiggle room for you and try to squeeze you back into her life.”

He gives me a curious look and I remember the whole reason I called her in the first place. I suddenly feel awkward in his arms. Not to mention the slight smell of alcohol seeping from his mouth.

“Were you..” I ask, hoping he’d catch on.

“Yes.” He simply admits. He knows I hate it whenever he has a relapse. This whole Ally thing has my Victor all stressed. He clears his throat, obviously wanting to distract me from his habits. “So besides us, how is she doing?”

“She’s, well, I’m not exactly sure.” I push some hair out of my face and sigh, leaning my head against his shoulder. “She just really wants to see me again.” I pause, recalling the conversation. “There was this weird part though. She said if I went to see her it would stop her sharp silver friend from visiting instead? I don’t know, something like that,” I chuckle lightly. “That girl can be so confusing sometimes. What do you think she meant by that?” I wait for an answer but he says nothing. I hear him gulp and look up at him, eyeing him suspiciously. He wears a troubled expression on his face and I start to get anxious. “What’s wrong Vic?”

“You need to visit her,” he says, grabbing my face, “now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no write. Let us know what you think.
-K_K