Collide With This Guy

Chapter 18

For a while there, I could one-hundred percent say for sure that I was happy. My relationship with Kellin was developing nicely, and I didn’t seem to have as many problems with Jaime and Rian as I did before. I was starting to think that maybe they had forgotten all about me. However, I was incredibly wrong. It was later in January when I was confronted again at lunch. I was sitting next to Kellin as I always did, talking about God knows what, when Jaime and Rian came over and sat right across from us. I moaned.
“What do you want?” I snapped.
“Why so touchy, Vic,” Jaime teased. He and Rian laughed and I swear they looked like the biggest idiots. “Why can’t we just have a conversation with you?”
“Because I’m not stupid,” I shot back.
“Hey, watch your tone,” Rian spat. I wasn’t sure why he got so angry over that. I wasn’t even fucking talking to him.
“Or what? You can’t do shit to me,” I shrugged, but then quickly realized that was the wrong thing to say when Jaime reached across the table and grabbed me roughly by the collar. I was pulled out of my seat and halfway across the table. Fuck, that hurt.
“Lay off,” I shouted, struggling as he stood up and came around the table to roughly push me to the ground.
“Hey, fuck off,” Kellin yelled, standing up. Shit, this wasn’t good. Why couldn’t he just keep his mouth shut? This was not the time to be putting his newly learned swear words to use.
“Sit down,” I hissed- I didn’t want him involved.
“Yeah, sit the fuck down, creep,” Jaime shouted, kicking me as I tried to sit up.
“What if I don’t?” Kellin challenged.
“Kellin, stop,” I pleaded. He was such an idiot, I swear to God.
“Maybe you should learn to fucking listen,” Jaime said, roughly. He left me momentarily, but only so he could send his fist flying against Kellin’s stomach. Okay, that was crossing the fucking line. I felt my blood boiling as I watched him clutch his stomach, doubling over from the impact.
“Hey, you don’t fucking touch him!” I shouted, springing to my feet. Jaime just laughed, but it only fueled my anger, which was why I chose to do what I did next. As he turned to face me, I punched him as hard as I could, right in the face. He stumbled over and I tackled him the rest of the way to the ground, fighting against him and sending punches until I felt myself getting pulled away.
“Let me go!” I shouted, struggling against the grip of the school security guard that was pulling me away.
“Not gonna happen, buddy,” he said, firmly. “You need to cool off.”

I scowled, still struggling even as he led me away. I noticed Jaime sitting up, wiping blood from his nose. Good. The security guard took me out of the cafeteria and led me to the front office, and sat me down in a chair.
“You wait here until the principal is ready,” he said.
“What if I don’t?” I asked.
“Oh, you will,” he chuckled, taking a seat right across from me. I scowled and sat back in my chair. “I gotta say though, between you and me- that guy had it coming.”
I stared at him a minute, my anger momentarily subsiding. I guess he was used to pulling Jaime off of me instead of the other way around.
“I don’t know what the deal is with you two, but you really gotta stop this bullshit,” he went on to say. “You can’t deal with problems like this in the real world.”
“Whatever,” I mumbled. I knew he was right, but I didn’t feel like talking. I really didn’t.
By the time the principal came out to call me into his office, I was calmer. I was already feeling a little reckless for responding the way I did, but I was only trying to protect Kellin. Hell if I was going to let him hurt my boyfriend without any consequences.
“Mr. Fuentes, have a seat,” the principal said, motioning towards a chair on the other side of his desk. I sighed and sat down. “Do you want to tell me what was going on today?”
“Jaime started it,” I sighed.
“But from what I hear, you finished it, so you’re going to have to face the consequences for that. Now, tell me what happened,” he said, evenly. I rolled my eyes.
“Jaime and Rian came over and started taunting me and my friend. Then I guess I was egging him on a bit, but then he shoved and kicked me-“
“Who shoved and kicked you?”
“Jaime did,” I sighed. “And then my friend told them to stop, so he punched him, and it made me mad so I let him have it.”
“I see,” he said, making a note. “Which friend?”
“Kellin Quinn,” I said. “He didn’t do anything though, I swear.”
“Alright,” he said. He pulled a form off of his desk along with a clipboard and pen before handing it to me. It was this incident report thing I had to fill out so that they knew exactly what went down. I knew Kellin and Jaime would probably have to fill one out so they could compare our stories.. “I want you to go back and sit while I call Mr. Preciado in.”
“Sure,” I mumbled. I noticed him call on his little walkie-talkie thing for security to bring Kellin to te office. I sighed. I didn’t want him involved, but at least he wouldn’t get in trouble.
I passed Jaime as I walked back out to the little waiting area, but he didn’t make eye contact. Maybe I finally got my point across that I didn’t want to be fucking messed with. I sighed and sat down, pulling the cap off of the pen before starting to write.
A few minutes later, I heard the door of the room I was in open. I looked up to see Kellin walking in, escorted by the security guard. He was instructed to sit down in the chair next to me before the guard left. I waited until the door shut behind him to speak.
“Are you okay?” I asked, in a low voice.
“You didn’t have to do that,” he said. “You’re going to get in trouble.”
“So? I don’t like seeing the person I care about get hurt,” I explained. “I’m told you I wasn’t going to let them mess with you.”
“Yeah, but-“
“You could just thank me, you know,” I said with a chuckle, in an attempt to lighten the mood. Maybe I was still in a bad mood, but that didn’t mean I wanted Kellin to be in a bad mood. I just wanted everything for him to be okay. I didn’t want him to have to worry about anything- even me. I shook my head and smiled to myself as I went back to writing my incident report. I really had it bad for this boy, didn’t I?
“What’s so funny?” he wanted to know.
“Nothing, don’t worry about it,” I said.