Goin' to Hell

You'll be alright tonight

“What’s up Tweety Bird?” I answer my phone as I walk out of class. “What’s with the random call?”

“I needed to talk to someone that is equally as annoyed with Dad’s over-protectiveness as I am.” Austen replies accompanied by a sigh. “I don’t know what to do anymore. He still treats me like I’m this fragile little girl that needs constant protection.”

“He’s worried about you,” I defend him, “but what did he do now? Forbid you to walk the streets of New York?”

“He’s going on a mission with Nat and he told me he doesn’t want me to leave the apartment unless I need to.” She explains, “Frankie, you know me; I get cabin fever really quick.”

“I know but you know Dad does what he thinks is right when it comes to you.”

“Since when do you defend our father?” She chuckles, “I thought I was the soldier that blindly followed him no matter what.”

“He’s protecting you, which is something I agree with.” I explain, “I get that Natasha’s been training you but still, protecting you is the only thing we agree on.”

“How’s the Academy?” Austen asks, changing the subject.

“Would be a lot better if you would have came.” Without her even saying anything, I can envision the eye roll she’s giving me.

“I rather sit in a lab all day than risk my neck for people that don’t even know what’s attacking them.” She laughs, “A few more years than I’ll have my Masters in Chemical Engineering and I’m not giving that up to be a puppet for Fury to play with.”

“You wouldn’t be a puppet, Aust.” I defend Fury.

“You’re naive big brother,” she states, “even the few missions I worked for him behind Mom and Dad’s back made me realize I’m just a pawn in his game. Nothing more.”

“So what are you doing tonight?” Like Austen, I’m a master at changing subjects.

“Kate and I plan on going to a nightclub in Brooklyn, nothing major.” She replies, “I need a girls’ night out and she’s my only friend in New York.”

“Just please be safe?” I plea with her, “call me when you get home tonight, ok?”

“I promise.” I can hear the smile her in voice, “see ya Frankie.”

“See ya sis.” With that, I hang up and walk into my next class.

**

I wake up the next morning and look at me phone; no missed calls or text messages from Austen. She probably just forgot, I think to myself as I get out of bed and dressed for today’s classes….
♠ ♠ ♠
these will be short chapters. Hell this story is going to be short.