Violent Sunsets

Two Tickets

The weeks seemed to fly by. I had a lot of fun with Gabe. We were getting closer and closer. I was hanging out at his apartment that he shared with Steve. We were chilling in the living room sitting tangled up on the couch.

Out of the blue Gabe asked, “Will you be my girlfriend?” I looked at him surprised.

“Yes.” I said as I laid down my head on his chest.

“Good.” He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed gently.

“Oh that reminds me,” I said. “Derek has a concert coming up in California and he could get us tickets if you wanted to go.”

Gabe was silent so I turned from my position on his chest to look at his face. His mouth was hanging open.

“So?” I questioned.

“He can get us tickets to a Violent Sunsets concert in California?”

I nodded. “Yeah I figured you’d like that. He’ll pay for the airfare and everything.” The smile on his face was so huge and I was happy that I could make him smile like that. But then his face fell.

“What?” I asked concern that his mood just dropped so suddenly.

“Do you want to go to a Violent Sunsets concert? I know how much you don’t like it,” he asked concerned.

“I think I could deal with it if you were there. Besides I don’t have to go to the concert, I’ll just find something else to do in California.” I shrugged. Gabe’s smile came back to his face and he hugged me tight.

“You’re the best!”

“Did someone say California?” Steve asked as he entered the room followed by his friend, Troy.

“Yeah, my amazing girlfriend just got me a ticket to a Violent Sunsets concert in California,” Gabe beamed.

“No fucking way dude. That’s amazing,” Steve exclaimed. “You’re so lucky.”

“I might be able to get you a ticket too,” I mentioned. I’m sure Derek wouldn’t mind.

“What? Are you serious?” I thought Steve was going to explode with excitement.

I nodded. “Yeah, I’m sure Derek has more than enough tickets if you can fly out to California.”

“Oh man. Sam, you’re the best.” I smiled.

“I know.”

“I want to go to California too!” Troy pouted.

“I can get you a ticket.” I told him. He scrunched his face up in disgust. Steve wrapped his arm around Troy bringing him close into his side.

“Unfortunately he shares the same view as you about the Violent Sunsets,” Steve told me.
He turned to Troy. “You can come to California with me.”

“Good.”

“It’s good to know that not everyone is completely strange about the Violent Sunsets.”

“No offense to your brother, but you can’t understand a word he says,” Troy agreed.

“I know. Try having to listen to that garbage all the time growing up. Just a bunch of screaming.” Troy laughed.

“I can’t imagine that. I think I’d kill him.”

“Hey, stop ragging on the best band ever,” Gabe said defending them.

“Yeah, you guys just have sucky taste in music,” Steve explained. I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever. Maybe it’s you two who have sucky taste in music.”

Steve huffed and Gabe smiled.

“So I’ll ask Derek for two Violent Sunsets tickets. And Troy,” I said turning to him. “You and I can find something to do in California while the two freaks go to the concert.”

“Awesome.” Troy agreed. “I’m going to California.”

“I’m so glad we met her at the concert Gabe. Free tickets to Violent Sunsets.”

“She’s pretty amazing.” Gabe squeezed me and I smiled.
--

“Two tickets? So you’re coming to the concert?” Derek asked when he called me up to check on me and I told him I need two tickets to the Violent Sunsets concert in California.

“No, Steve, Gabe’s friend that you met, wants to go. I’ll be hanging out with Steve’s friend Troy, who thinks your band stinks, while the two losers go to your concert,” I explained.

“Ok, you’d think they enjoy a backstage pass?”

I laughed. “They’d probably have a heart attack if you gave them backstage passes.”

“I’ll do it then.” His voice changed to concern, “How are you doing?”

I smiled into the phone. “I’m fine. I’ll be there in a few days. We have the flight booked and the hotel rented.”

“Good, I’ll see you soon then.”

“See ya then. Bye Derek.”

“Bye Sam.”