Violent Sunsets

Hotel California

All four of us had survived the plane ride over to California and were now heading to the hotel. It was a really nice hotel. The main lobby was so spacious and the ceiling was high up and let light in through it. Gabe checked us in and got our hotel room key. Steve and Troy were sharing the room with us. We all headed up to the third floor dragging our luggage into the elevator. When we got to room 313 Gabe opened the door and we all piled in.

I threw my stuff on the bed closest to the window while Troy and Steve threw their’s on the other bed. Gabe traveled in behind and placed his stuff beside mine on the bed.

“We’re gonna head out and look around the city for a bit,” Steve said indicating him and Troy. “Did you guys want to come?”

I shook my head. “I’m tired. I think I’ll pass.”

“Yeah, I’ll stay here with Sam,” Gabe told Steve who waved bye.

“Alright see ya.” Steve and Troy walked out of the room taking a spare room key with them.

I flopped down onto the bed.

“So why did we decide to get one room again for the four of us?” I asked. The sleeping arrangements might be a little weird. Gabe and I had only been going out for a few months and the thought of sharing a bed was a bit different. We’d only done it a handful of time in our relationship so far.

“It was cheaper,” Gabe replied. “You don’t mind do you?”

“No.” I shook my head. “So what’s up with Steve and Troy?” I knew I was starting to let my mouth get the best of me. “They’re okay with sharing a bed.”

Gabe nodded. “Yeah.”

“They seem really close. Are they gay?”

Gabe laughed. “Don’t let Steve hear you say that. He’ll kill you if you call him gay. According to him, he’s heterosexual, attracted to females only. But for Troy, Steve will be gay.”

“So he’s basically bi. He likes women except he likes Troy. So are they together then?”
Gabe shrugged. “I have no idea what those two are. I don’t think they’re necessarily together but they’re together so much they might as well be. I try not to concern myself with their business. It’s whatever.”

“Hmm,” I hummed. “Interesting. So do you have a problem sharing a bed with me?” I asked.

“No, should I? Are you going to steal all the covers or something?” He laid down next to me smiling.

“I don’t know. I might. I might hog the whole bed or kick you. Who knows we’ll have to see. I’d be careful if I was you.”

He smiled and pulled me into his arms. “I won’t mind even if you do.” He was being sweet but my mouth has a mind of its own and likes to ruin sweet moments.

“Yeah right. You won’t be saying that when you’re on the floor because I pushed you off the bed.” He just simply chuckled and kissed my forehead. “I’m serious. I can’t be held responsible for what might happen during the night.”

“Oh yeah, like what?” he was raising his eyebrows suggestively and it made me smile. We hadn’t had sex yet despite having been going out for a few months now.

“Nothing like you’re thinking with Steve and Troy in the room.”

“They’re not here right now…”

I smiled and leant down to kiss him right before I brushed my lips against his I said softly, “We’re not doing it here. When we get back however…” I planted my lips onto his putting as much passion as I could muster into the kiss. His arms locked around me, my hands running down his chest. After getting thoroughly heated I pulled away and rested my head on his chest.

He whined when the kiss stopped. “Saaaam. Not fair.”

“Life’s not fair. I’m taking a nap.” I closed my eyes and fell asleep with his arms holding me tight. It felt nice to be pressed up against another warm body.
--

The day of the concert came and Steve and Gabe were getting ready. They were caking that stupid makeup on their faces. “I can’t believe you guys are dressing up again,” I stated as I watched them.

“We have to,” Steve said painting his face white by looking into the mirror. “That’s what being a Violent Sunsets fan is all about.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Can you help me?” Gabe asked as he was trying to look in the same mirror as Steve to do his makeup.

I sighed. “Yeah come here. I’ll help you cover your beautiful face with shit.” He sat down on the bed besides me and I took some white paint and filled in the spaces he had missed. Then I took the black.

“So how do you want this black?” I asked.

“Can you make it the same as last time? You remember with the circles around my eyes.” He looked at me with his white face. It was such a shame to cover it with this makeup. It really just hid the beauty of his face.

“Yeah I remember. Now hold still, I don’t want to poke your eye out.” I took the brush I had and lightly circled around his left eye. I did it slowly being extra careful not to get any in his eye. “This is so difficult. I’m so afraid I’m going to get your eye.”

“You’re doing a good job so far,” he encouraged.

“Now you’re gonna jinx me,” I pouted. I placed my hand without the brush on top of his head to steady myself as I continued to paint in a circle around his eye. He chuckled. “Don’t move,” I scolded.

“Sorry,” he apologized. “You’re just so cute.” I smiled. Then I moved to his right eye. I managed to paint them both without hurting his eyes. “Thank you.” He told me and leant down to kiss me. I pushed him away.

“I’m not kissing you when you have a bunch of makeup caked onto your face. I wouldn’t want to mess it up.” He pulled me into a tight hug instead.

“I’ll see you later tonight, once the concerts over with. Have fun with Troy.” Steve and Gabe threw on their capes and were off to the concert leaving me alone with Troy.

“So what are we going to do?” I asked turning to Troy.

“There’s this cool looking restaurant that I saw when I was touring the city with Steve that I want to try. Want to go there?”

“Sure, lead the way.”