Status: Complete

I Finally Found the Guy of My Dreams

Ferris Thompson Apartments

"Tell me where our time went,
and if it was time well spent.
Just don't let me fall asleep,
feeling empty again.
Cause I fear I might break,
and I fear I can't take it.
Tonight I'll lie awake feeling empty.
I can feel the pressure,
it's getting closer-"


"Jess, Jess? JESSICA!" I screamed at my friend to no avail. Jess was lost in her iPhone, singing her favorite song. Jess and I were riding in her father's limo to Princeton University, for the first time this year. When we finally arrived our friends Andy, Cori, Mark, and Zach were waiting for us. As usual they were sitting in the front yard of the Ferris Thompson Apartments smoking cigarettes. The guys lived all together in the first Ferris Thompson apartment complex, while us girls live in the Prospect Apartments a block over. As soon as we got out of the limo Cori came rushing at us, with a lit cigarette in hand, the second we came into view.

"Jess, Kathryn! Thank god you're finally here. What took you so long? Zach wouldn't stop bothering me," Cori shrieked, hugging us both at the same time. Once we all let go Cori looked over at Zach and scrunched her nose up at him, shaking her head. I watched as Zach blew his cigarette smoke into her face in return for her comment.

"Sheesh Cori you act like you haven't seen us all summer when you just saw us last week," Jess pointed out. "Anyways Cori do you have a lighter?" Jess continued as she got out one of her cigarettes out of her silver case.

"Yeah, here you go." Jess began to light her cigarette as I left her to see Andy. He was sitting under the tree with Mark; they were talking about their classes this semester. I watched as Andy began to light a cigarette as I approached them.

"Hey Andy!" Andy leaped up with the lit cigarette in his mouth, immediately he gave me a tight hug making my heart skip a beat. I have had a crush on him for some time now, but I was too scared to do anything about it. I have been letting this go on for three years now. We are just friends I told my heart stubbornly, but as always my heart did not listen.

"Hey, how was your summer?" Andy asked as we let go out of the hug.

"Mine was great... How was yours?" Andy reached out his cigarette, allowing me to take a puff. Andy and I always share cigarettes because we both hate smoking the whole thing; we always rely on each other when the group chain-smokes. I took the cigarette in between my fingers and up to my mouth; I inhaled instantly feeling the menthol hit me.

"Mine was okay, but I wished I could have hung out with you more over the summer. Maybe now that we're back in school we'll see more of each other," Andy smiled as I reached out passing back the cigarette. Andy spent all of his summer working at the TPC Jasna Polana Country Club, which his grandfather designed when he was little.
♠ ♠ ♠
Click here to see the boy's outfits.

Click here to see the girl's outfits.

Fact #1: The song Jess is singing is called Pressure by Paramore.