Green Eternity: With You

This is who you are.

Jeph’s POV

I couldn’t move, I was fixated on this face.
This face belonged to a girl, a girl with the most amazing green eyes I’ve ever seen.
These green eyes blinked twice in shock, then she stepped back, put the cups she was holding on the bench, and then she closed her eyes and opened them again.
She was … wow. That was the only words my brain could think of, from the second I walked in the door it had stopped thinking rationally.
She was wearing blue denim jeans, a shirt and a cardigan rolled up to her elbows. She was about my height I was guessing, curves in all the right places.
Her hair was short and a blacky blue colour, her fringe sweeping across her face. Two green eyes gazed out from behind her eyelids still in shock. She was certainly the most beautiful person I have seen in a very, very long time.
No one had said anything in at least three minutes; I needed to break the silence,
“Hi, I’m Jeph,”
See what she does to me? That was possibly the lamest, most obvious thing to say!

Scarlett’s POV

No, it can’t be. I don’t want to remember this.
I can’t remember this, ah shit.
Jeph, 27, Bass player, The Used.
Don’t. You. Dare.

-Flashback-

I held down the backspace button until my finger hurt, this book is never going to be finished. I turned off the computer, grabbed my empty cup and walked out to the kitchen.
It was a warm sunny afternoon; the breeze was just starting to pick up, blowing the wind chimes and gently lifting up the curtains.
Jack sat out in the middle of our garden under our only tree, tapping his foot along to something I wasn’t sure of.
I walked out to join him.
“Scarlett?”
“Jack!”
“Scarlett, I have something to show to you”
Jack reached beside him and pulled up his mp3 pulling the headphones out of his ears and wrapping them around it.
“I want you to lock yourself in your thinking room and listen to all of this, it’s been forever since I’ve listened to it myself. I think you’ll like it” He passed it to me, stood up, kissed me on the forehead and walked back inside.
Not really wanting to venture into my thinking room I decided to sit down on the grass to listen to this… thing.
Hours later Jack came back outside with a torch,
“Sweetie, it’s dark out here, are you okay?” he turned off the torch and sat down next to me, placing his jacket around my shoulders.
“Wow”
“Wow?”
“What was that?”
I looked down at the mp3, two words were scrolling across the screen.
The Used.
“They’re pretty good huh?” Jack grinned at me.
“Yes, yes they are”
“How did it make you feel?”
I rolled my eyes at Jack. He was a psychiatrist and he was intently interested in the way music affects me, this was our usual Sunday routine.
But this time it was different, this music was amazing, I can’t even begin to describe it more than that.
“It makes me feel like I want to know these people, I want to be apart of their every day lives, I want to know what makes them tick, I want to be the person they talk about” I snuggled down into Jack, breathing in his smell of coffee.
“That’s good babe, this is good” he poked the screen.
The following day he brought home magazines and DVD’s, requesting that I study them so he can study me.

“Hi, I’m Jeph”
The noise cut through my flashback as everything settled back down into reality.
I knew exactly who this person was, pain twinged at the corner of my eyes.
“Jack” I whispered.
“Pardon?” Jeph puzzled.
I had to pick myself up, I can’t let him see me like this, put it all behind you Scarlett.
“Scarlett, my name is Scarlett” I blinked back tears, forcing my thoughts back into their box.

Jeph’s POV

Scarlett hey?
I’ve never met a Scarlett before, maybe new years wasn’t going to be so bad?
She doesn’t look too good; I need to lighten the mood.
Two cups of tea? One of her? Hmm.
“Akearin?” I pointed to the cups.
She grinned at me,
“Yes, intense fucker isn’t he?”
Nervously smiling at her I grabbed the cups and navigated my way out into the garden below.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm confused by my own writing sometimes
I have no idea what I'm going on about
So that's why I need you to tell me if you think it's any good
<33