Hail to the King

Trouble Within The Group

After a very eventful Smackdown and live events, it was time for the final showdown between The Shield and The Wyatt's. It was a cold and windy day in Detroit and the boys were getting ready for a fight they have been preparing for since it first started.

"We're going to take them out tonight. No one is better than we are." Dean states, as they get ready in the locker room.

"As long as you and Roman get along out there and you don't go rouge on us again." Seth says, getting annoyed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Roman looks at him.

"Over the past few weeks, you and Dean have not been agreeing, Dean has been going crazy in the ring, cost matches, wins, and going missing. I'm just saying we all need to be on the same page. That's all."

"We are on the same page. Those were just hiccups. It won't happen again."

"It better not." Seth mumbles, getting fed up.

"Let's focus on the task at hand and that's The Wyatt family. Tonight, we take them out. Dean, you get Harper, Seth you take Rowan, and I'll take Bray. If we stick to that, we'll be good. Got it." Roman lays down the rules.

"Got it." Dean nods.

"Yeah, got it." Seth adds.

Roman puts his fist out and the others join in. They then make their way out of the locker room and to the concourse. Once in position, they get ready like always and when their theme hits, they head out. Roman, Seth, and Dean make their way through the crowd and to the ring and once they're in the ring, out comes Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. A "this is awesome" chant starts up before The Wyatts hit the ring. Before they can get in, Rollins and Ambrose leap out onto them. Reigns meets Wyatt in the ring and hits a big Samoan Drop. Bray gets tossed to the floor. Rollins beats down Harper in the ring as the bell rings. Harper counters with a German from the top but Rollins lands on his feet. Rollins tosses Harper and Rowan to the floor. Rollins leaps out onto Harper, runs back in and leaps out onto Rowan. Rollins takes out Harper again as Reigns smiles. Ambrose and Bray go at it. Rollins falls from the top. Harper whips Rollins into the barrier.

Harper has Rollins grounded. Harper drops him with a big right hand and taunts the rest of The Shield. Rollins drops Harper off the distraction. Ambrose argues with Bray on the floor but Reigns stops him. Rollins reaches for a tag but nobody is there. Rowan comes in and goes after Rollins. Rollins drops him in the corner but Harper runs in and hits Reigns with a big boot, knocking him off the apron. Ambrose tags in and unloads on Rowan. Ambrose with a flying clothesline and a dropkick to the knee. Ambrose with a leg whip and a Figure Four. Harper runs in and breaks the hold. Reigns takes Harper to the floor and throws him over the barrier into the timekeeper's area. Wyatt lays out Ambrose in the ring. Bray with right hands on Ambrose now.

Harper comes back in and keeps control of Ambrose. Fans start chanting for Punk as Rowan works over Ambrose for another pin attempt. Harper comes back in with uppercuts on Ambrose. Ambrose with a big clothesline out of nowhere. Ambrose also lays out Bray but Reigns was knocked off the apron before. Ambrose crawls for a tag but Rollins drops off the apron. Ambrose looks at him shocked. Rollins walks out and heads to the back.

"What're you doing?!" Roman hops off the apron, going after Seth.

"I can't be the glue that keeps this together! You weren't there for me! I reached for the tag!" Seth yells.

"The glue?!" Roman yells back, confused.

"You know what?! You two figure it out! You two figure it out!" Seth throws his hands up and walks up the ramp.

"What're you doing man? What're you doing?! This isn't the game plan!" Roman shouts after him.

Bray splashes Ambrose in the corner and hits a running clothesline for a 2 count as Reigns breaks the pin. Reigns tosses Bray to the floor and hits a Samoan Drop on Rowan. Superman punch for Harper and for Bray. Rowan decks Reigns. Ambrose saves Reigns from Rowan. Reigns sends Rowan to the floor with Bray. Ambrose helps Reigns hit the big apron dropkick to the head of Harper. Ambrose mounts Bray with right hands. Reigns spears Rowan up onto the announce table and over to the floor. Harper dives out and sends Reigns back over the table. Ambrose leaps onto Harper and they brawl. Bray sends Ambrose face first into the ring post.

Fans chant "this is awesome" as Bray rolls Ambrose in the ring. Bray turns upside down in the corner and hits Sister Abigail on Ambrose for the win.

After the match, Seth watches everything that happened from the ramp. The Wyatts pose over Dean as they go to replays and Seth looks on. Seth doesn't look content with his decision.

After The Wyatt's leave the ring, Roman gets in and helps Dean up, making sure he's alright. He's fine, but extremely pissed at Seth. He gets up and him and Roman head to the back. Dean and Roman are walking away, Tom Phillips trying to get an interview with them on what happened with Seth. Dean kicks something in anger and frustration.

"Excuse me, uh Dean, Roman? Dean, Roman, can we get... " Tom tries getting them to stop.

"Go." Dean yells angry.

"Can we get a word?" Tom presses.

"Not at all." Dean says trying to walk away.

"Guys, we just saw Seth Rollins leaving the building uh..." Tom says, getting their attention,

"You saw Seth? You saw Seth Rollins? Where was he? Where was he?" Dean goes up to him, pressing for answers.

"He was leaving the building."

"I'm gonna ask you one time." Roman says, wanting answers.

"Parking garage?" Dean asks.

"I'm gonna ask you one time." Roman says again.

"Ramp? Where?" Dean continues.

"Where is Seth Rollins at? Where is he?" Roman raises his voice.

"We just...we just saw him leaving the building over there." Tom starts to stutter.

"No no no, I didn't say stutter, I said tell me where he is. Your future depends on this. Where is he at?"

"I don't know. He was just leaving..."

"Point me in the direction, you go the opposite way." Roman firmly says.

"He's gone. He's gone. Yeah you go too. He's halfway to Detroit by now." Dean says frustrated.

They then walk off and since Seth left the building already, Roman and Dean head right to the locker room to gather up their things and head off to the next city to find Seth and get some answers on why he bailed on them in one of their most important matches ever.

Once Dean and Roman made it to Detroit, they got to their hotel and went right to their room.

"Seth sure has a lot of explaining to do when we see him." Dean said, setting his stuff down angrily.

"We've been there before. Remember a few weeks ago when you did the same thing at the Chamber?" Roman brought that up.

"I told you what happened!" Dean yelled, spinning around to face him.

"You did and I'm still trying to process it all. It makes sense, but hard to believe."

"Believe me or not, that's what happened!"

"Sure man, but we have other things to worry about and that's Seth."

Just then, their phones go off. They check them, getting the same message.

"So, Seth wants to have a Summit tonight."

"It appears he's ready to explain himself. He better have a damn good reason for doing what he did." Dean mutters.

Hours pass and it's time for the show. Dean and Roman are in their locker room and still no sign of Seth. Not wanting to wait, they head out and get to the concourse, ready to head out. Once their theme hits, they head right down the stairs and to the ring. As soon as they are in the ring, Dean has and mic and wastes no time at all.

"We can handle getting beat up. We can handle getting hurt. We can handle physical pain, that's no problem. I don't know about you Roman, but there's one thing that I can't handle. What I will not tolerate. What will keep me up at night, and that's being lied to by somebody that I trust. And I feel like we've been lied to for the last 18 months. See, I was under the impression that The Shield had each other's backs. Evidently, Seth Rollins didn't have our back on Monday Night Raw. He walked out on us in the middle of a war! So, we're not much for talking right now, but uh, Seth Rollins we know you're here since you called this little Summit alright? So why don't you come out here and say what you're gonna say? Tell me something, tell me a story, tell me a lie, make an excuse, say something. After all the wars we've been through. You better come out here and explain yourself before this war begins. And judging by the look on Roman's face, you got about 30 seconds." Dean starts off, getting right to the point.

Seth comes out after a few moments, but not through the crowd, by the stage and stands on the side of the ring for now once he gets there. Dean nudges Roman and nods his head toward the direction Seth is coming from.

"Before you open your mouth, I hope you thought really hard about what you got to say. And it better be good." Roman states, not happy at all.

"Alright look, I get it. Leaving you two to fight The Wyatts three-on-two on Monday Night, maybe wasn't the most opportune time to prove a point. But what you don't understand, is that the war isn't with the Wyatts. The war is within us, alright? Look, it's no secret The Shield hasn't been The Shield for some time. But I did what I always do Monday. I sacrifice myself for the greater good, so that we could get ourselves on the same page!" Seth states his side.

"You sacrificed?! Oh Seth, sacrifice himself. I didn't realize you were making such a sacrifice when you left us for dead against the Wyatts alright? Look, there's a big difference between what you did, and what I did. I fought off, you walked off!" Dean yells.

"Look, look, look! Look at you guys. For the first time in months, you're standing in the same ring, you're all on the same page, you're seeing things eye to eye. Don't you get it? I've proven my point. I'm already halfway there." Seth gets into the ring. "Look, we can call this right now. We can walk and go our separate ways. Guess what, we'll be fine. We're all talented men. But you know what, what if fine isn't good enough? From the moment we came to WWE, we've been kicking down walls! And if we stand together united, no one can touch us. Not The Wyatt Family, not The Undertaker, not John Cena, no one! You know it, you know it. So let's do what we do! Let's be The Shield and take this place back!"

"That it? That's it? Oh, that's it. That's your great, brilliant explanation. By the architect of The Shield." Dean shoves Seth. "I'm supposed to be okay with that? Yeah I get it, I get it." He shoves Seth again, causing him to fall. Roman shoves Dean with one hand, causing him to fall down. Both Seth and Dean get to their feet shortly after.

"Alright, alright. You know what? You know what? I know what's gonna make this work. I know what's gonna make me feel better" Seth slaps Dean across the face. "I feel a lot better! That felt great! And you know what I think? Now that that's out of my system, I think you might have to get something out of your system too. So I'm gonna do what I do best, I'm gonna take one for the team. Because you know what, we gotta get on the same page. We gotta do..."

Dean slaps/shoves Seth in the face, causing him to fall. Seth's a little dazed, but gets to his feet."Are we done here? Or are we done?" Seth puts his fist out.

Dean gives Roman a look, before Roman goes over with his hand balled into a fist. He stares at Seth before putting his fist next to his. Dean starts saying things inaudible to the camera as Roman and Seth stare at him, and he finally joints his fist with theirs, exchanging more words with them, before their music plays.

They all then head to the back, still unsure to trust Seth at the moment. The friend in them wants to, but the other half doesn't.

"Let's agree, from here on out, we stay on the same page." Seth tries to compromise.

"Agreed." Dean says, Roman nodding.

As they walk through the halls, Roman starts too think everything over. Things have not been going good for them and he's not sure how much longer they can last as a group. Dean keeps going rouge, doing his own thing and not consulting them, Seth feels like he's the glue, trying to keep the group together and Roman is just trying to fight all the battles that keep coming their way. With all this drama going on, he fears the worst and the worst is that the group will soon implode and come to an end.