Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Miss You More...

Mike looked at his friend as he walked toward the BMW. Tre seemed sad and was hunched over. Mike smiled to himself and thought 'Boy; Tre is head over heels in love with this woman. She is so much his equal. They make a good match, hopefully they can make it.' He saw Sabrina wave to him and returned her wave. Mike watched as Sabrina blew Tre a kiss and his friend catch it and blow one back. He watched as Tre got in the BMW, sat down and closed his eyes. He greeted Tre but the drummer never replied.

With a groan Tre opened the door and fell down into the seat. He didn't speak when Mike said "Hi," he just leaned back and closed his eyes. Tre felt empty and tired and alone without Sabrina and it had only been less then 5 minutes since he left the plane. He became lost in his thoughts and almost missed the beeping of his phone with an incoming text message. He dug into his jacket pocket and pulled out his phone.

Miss you already, Miss you like crazy. You're 2000 light years away

He felt his whole heart warm and a smile came on his face. She missed him as much as he missed her. He thought about what to reply and quickly typed in his response.

Miss you more. I was alone, I was all by myself. No one was looking, I was thinking of you

He chucked to out loud as hit the send button. Mike looked over at the noise and Tre gave the bassist a goofy smile. Tre quickly turned back to his phone waiting for a reply back, but none came. He quickly wrote one more text and hit send. He sighed as he put his phone back into his jacket.

Mike watched Tre lean into the seat and closed his eyes. 'He's miserable without her. This is going to be a long couple of weeks,' Mike thought to himself. He heard a muffled beeping and out of the corner of his eye saw Tre fumble in his jacket for his phone. He saw Tre's face light up and figured that Sabrina just sent Tre a text message. Mike watched as his friends face lit up even more as he read the message and watched as the smaller man's face screw up in thought as he punched the keys on his phone, and was rewarded with a smile from Tre when he looked at him. Mike saw the man's face fall as a reply was not sent back. He watched Tre type in one more message and then close his phone and put it away.

Sabrina arrived at the airport in New York about 10:30pm that night with all the time differences and travel time. As the plane taxied to the terminal, she quickly grabbed her phone and turned it on. A text message was waiting for her.

call me when you land

Sabrina dialed the number that would connect her to Tre as fast as she could. After two rings she was rewarded with the sound of his voice. "International House of Phone Sex, your host Tre speaking, how may I please you?"

"Oh my god man, do you never get enough?" Sabrina giggled.

"From you woman, I will never get enough."

"Tre I would love to talk but I am beat and I still have a 30 minute drive home."

"Okay. I understand," he said. "I just wanted to hear your voice again before I fall asleep tonight. Call me when you wake up in the morning."

"Ummm Tre I don't think you would like that. When I'm home I wake up at 7am and am out to the barns by 7:30am to start the day," she replied. "How about you call me when you wake up in the morning."

"Okay honey, I'll do that. Drive safe going home okay."

"Okay Tre, I miss you and will talk to you in the morning."

"Good Night," Tre said as he hung up his phone. He ran a hand through his hair, as he sat in the chair. He missed Sabrina more than he ever thought he could. He was miserable without her and he was counting the days until he could touch her again. Run his hands down her body, and kiss her lips, and hold her close. 'Dammit!' he thought. 'I need to stop torturing myself.' Tre sighed again and decided to make it an early night