Why to Be Afraid of Tomorrow

Part 6

It’s cold. In reflection I can see my warm breath, rising. “Hi, Pierre.” David greeted me from behind the wooden fence. “Hello.” I smiled sadly. “So, where are we going?” I was lost because I didn’t really know where to go. “Just, let’s go straight ahead.” I decided.

“Oh, it’s really cold.” David said and rubbed his hands. “Come on, I'll give you my sweatshirt.” I told while undressing. “Let it be, Pie. You’ll be cold.” He smiled but I didn’t stop undressing. “Here you are. Dress up.” I told him. “Thank you.” He did. Visibly my hoodie was too big on his little body.

After a while of our conversation we came to the bench in the middle of the park. “Let's sit down.” David said and we did. I sighed haplessly. “What’s going on, Pierre?” David asked confused. “You know, here in this place we always sat with my mother. I'd do everything my mom to be here.” In my head were running a lot of beautiful memories I spent with my mum. “I feel sorry for you, Pie.” He patted me on my shoulder. “You know, she was very ill. I did for her the best I could. But my help was not enough.” I sobbed before continuing. “She had gone forever.” I burst into tears. “Come on, Pie.” He hugged me tightly. “Don’t cry, Pierrie,” David was stroking my hair. I pulled away after a while. I reached into my pocket and handed him a small photograph of my mother. “Look.” “Aww, she was really beautiful. I think you inherited her nice smile.” He chuckled quietly and me too. “She was the best mom ever. I love her.” “I believe you. She certainly had a golden heart.” I nodded shortly.

I sighed and he pulled me closer to himself and wrapped his right arm around my shoulder. I snuggled up and rested my head under his shoulder. Now I feel incredibly safe despite he is much smaller than me. Even his little body was protecting me. “Davie, thank you that you went out with me.” I thanked and snuggled even more. “Probably I needed to tell someone what happened. Thank you for hearing me out.” “Pie, I want you to know I’m here for you, okay? Whenever you need to talk to anyone you can come to me. I’m here to help you.” I smiled. I’m really happy I have a friend like he is. “Thank you.” After a long silence David spoke. “I like you.” I looked up at him so I was a few inches from his lips, again. It happened already several times but this time, I couldn’t stand it. “I like you, too.” I swallowed thickly. “David, I hope you won’t get mad at me.” I continued and approached even more. “For the sake of wha-“ I interrupted him by one quick kiss. But even the only light touch of his lips made me shiver. I was afraid of his reaction. But to my surprise, he didn't give me a slap as I expected. He smiled genially. I breathed quickly before David kissed me as well. I looked at him confused. But as the saying goes, one time you will taste and you're addicted. I became addicted to David's lips and his sweet kisses. I didn’t stand it and started kissing him more and more. I rested my hand on his cheek. The flavor of his lips is irresistible. After a while of our passionate kissing I gave him one last kiss and rested my forehead against his one. We both smiled happily.

“Okay, let’s go home. You're shivering with cold.” I took his hands and was respiring warm air into them to warm him up. After a while we came out of the park and went on the street.
To my misfortune, there was my drunken tottering father on the end of the street, of course, with a bottle of whiskey. He was maybe about 100 meters away. “Oh, shit. Come on!” I said aloud and pulled David by the sleeve of the hoodie behind the telephone booth. “Pierre, what are you doing? What happened?” David asked confused and held my hand. “Davie, I hope my father didn’t notice us. He was there.” David swallowed thickly. I peeped back at him. “Go!” I said loudly and pulled David by his hand. We ran down the street. “Go home in order that nothing bad will happen to you, Davie.” I said in front of his house, smiled and ran away. “But Pierre!” I heard noiseless exclamation but I had to run back home.

A slam of the front door. Again. I knew it was bad. Dad came back home only a few moments after my coming so I crawled in the bed and pretended I'm sleeping. “WHAT THE FUCK?” I heard noisy shriek after my bedroom’s door opened. “DON’T HIDE FROM ME, YOU MUMMY'S DARLING!” Under the blanket I almost cried. “WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF? YOU WON’T GO OUT WITH A FUCKING FAGGOT, I SAY!” He screamed and was approaching. It pissed me off. “What did you say?” I climbed out from under the blanket. “YOU WON’T TALK TO THE FUCKING FAG!” I got up and stood in front of him. “Don't talk about him like this!” “OHOHOH, PIERRE IS PROTESTING? YOU WOULDN'T EVEN FUCK WITH SUCH A SON OF A BITCH!” That was too much. “SHUT UP! I screamed. He gave me a slap. “YOU’D BETTER GET AWAY AND FUCK WITH OTHER FAGGOTS AS YOU ARE, YOU SLUT! AND PRAYERS FOR YOUR MOM WON'T SAVE YOU!” Dad is this night really aggressive and his words coming out of his mouth are SO vulgar, foul-mouthed, nasty, scurrilous and just… I have no words to describe it. It made me cry. I was sure what to do. “Don’t talk about my mum, you ribald! Your insults are just disgusting! Repulsive! Lame!” I walked around him and slammed the door behind me. In tears I ran out and ran on and on, just straight ahead. I wanted to go to Davie but something told me to not do that.

Metro station. This is where I ended up.