Transcontinental Overload

Lauren.

Everyone returned from their busy morning at the markets most of them looked knackered but Lauren was still buzzing, she wasn’t sure why the ten of them had spent most of the day walking around hundreds of stalls drinking in the beauty of it all. Lauren watched as the girls walked into their rooms with small paper bags that carried their trinkets before reappearing empty handed and smiling.

“Well that was fun,” the brunette smiled when she received several nods in agreement and a few ‘yeses’ from the small crowd. Lauren fished her phone out of her pocket and looked at the clock, two o’clock. Taking her bag from her shoulder she walked into the room she shared with Niall placing her bag on her bed before taking a seat on the soft mattress.

Quickly she clicked into her contacts typed in her home number needing to talk to her mum and dad, it had been a few days since she had had contact with them and she was feeling homesick. Lauren listened to the phone ring praying that her parents would answer, she was about to hang up and leave it for another time before she heard a gruff voice, thick with sleep.

Hello?” Lauren’s heart fluttered with happiness as tears filled her eyes hearing her father’s voice. A voice she missed.

“Dad?” her voice wavered with emotion.

Wren!” she could hear the happiness in his voice even if he was still half asleep. “Oh Lauren, just wait I will go and get your mum so we can both talk.” there was a shuffling sound as Danny placed the phone over his chest, Lauren could hear his muffled voice speaking to her mother before April’s voice leaked through the speaker.

Wren! My baby… how are you? You’re on speaker so both your father and I can hear you.

“I am good, I have been flat out these past few days I’m sorry for not calling sooner. I have been skiing, been to a theater production of Shakespeare, a hockey game, and today we went to the flea markets, Oh it’s amazing! I am having such a great time and everyone is so friendly.”

Oh Love that’s great to hear,” Danny chuckled as his daughter rattled off everything she had been doing on her ‘holiday’.

Where did you go skiing, which theatre did you go to, and where were the markets, come on Darl give us specifics.” April gushed just as excited as her daughter, Lauren laughed at her mother’s desperation to hear everything while Danny tried to calm her down a little. “No, come on Lauren I want to hear everything and when I say everything, I mean everything.

“Alright, alright.” Lauren laughed at her mother and the way she brushed her husbands words off easily. “Well the first day we got into Grenoble we went to a bar, La Barberousse, I think that’s what it was called… had a few drinks got to know more about each other and all that fun stuff, then the next day we went skiing at Chamrousse, My god it was beautiful, sure I couldn’t ski but it was still fun to learn. However Harry hurt himself…”

Badly?” April gasped into the phone.

“Sprained shoulder.”

Oh no, poor man” Lauren’s mother sympathized.

“Yeah, was horrible so the next day was an easier day and we all went to The Bastille… that was interesting… if your interested in French history.”

And we all know how you feel about history,” Danny chuckled.

“Hey I can appreciate it,” the brunette defended playfully. “Anyway moving on, after that Noémie snagged us tickets to a local hockey game, don’t ask me who was playing because I not even going to attempt saying their name… but they lost unfortunately, Then last night we went to the Mc2 theatre and watched The Twelfth Night, all in French so I had no idea what they were saying but I could kind of guess what was going on. That and I overheard Zayn tell Louis the basic plot. Then this morning we all went down to Porte de Lyon to the local markets.”

Well you have been a busy little bumble bee,”April sighed as if she had been with her daughter the whole time.

Yes,” Danny agreed but help me out here, “Who’s Harry, Zayn and Louis.

“Well their three of the five boys we’re hosting Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson.” Lauren rattled off the names hoping her parents would pick up but neither of them did. “Mum Dad, those names, those boys! Please tell me you know who they are, you’re always paying me out about them.”

The line went silent until a gasp left April’s lips, “Lauren Marie, are you telling us that you are hosting the boys of One Direction? ” laughter rang from the teens lips when her mother realised what was actually going on.

Who?” Danny questioned clearly confused.

Oh nevermind, Wow Wren this is amazing… hard to believe but amazing…” the elder woman gushed on the phone as her daughter lay listening to her go on, that was until she was startled by a knock on the door. Niall’s head popped around the door a wide smile spread across his face.

“Can I come in?”

“Yeah sure,” Lauren smiled nodding her head as she slowly sat up.

“Mum, dad I have to go but I promise, I will talk to you soon. Okay. Bye,”

Bye Love” the two parents chorused before the young woman pulled the phone away from her ear.

“Sorry was I interrupten’”

“No. It’s fine don’t worry about it, just thought I should give mum and dad a call to let them know I am still alive and haven’t been kidnapped,” Lauren joked causing the blonde haired singer to chuckle.

“You an’ yer parents close?”

“Tight.”

“That’s always good ta hear…” the two sat in silence for a few moments before the blonde broke it. “So I think we’re going to the Museum of Grenoble tomorrow.”

“Oh, that will be interesting.”

“Yeah, I think it will be too, anyway hope you don’t mind but I’m gonna have close me eyes and sleep.”

“Not at all, I will leave you to sleep,” with that Lauren got up and left the room, leaving the blonde to sleep in silence.

~*~*~


“How much further?” Harry asked, even though his tone was bright, Wren picked up on his restlessness and need to get out of the car.

“Not far now ‘Arry,” Noémie smiled.

It wasn’t long until the car rolled to a stop and the doors were opened as they began filing out. They were left standing in front of a large modern building, Lauren looked at it before they all began walking toward the entrance, chatting among each other animatedly.

This was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Esther again, sorry for the wait, been busy.

Anyways hope you are all enjoying the story :)

A penny for your thoughts :D

Cheers Esther