‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Forty Seven

I giggled as Pat spun me and then pulled me into his chest; we were all walking the downtown streets of La Palmas. There was some kind of celebration going on and it was one big party, music was blasting, people drinking, everyone looked to be having a good time. It was really hot outside, the guys were in shorts and tanks while Kelly and Anna wore some sort of summer dress and Abby and I didn’t care, we were in our bikini tops and shorts.

I walked down the street more, seeing a little vender and walking into the shop. It looked to be selling shell necklaces and tourist trinkets. I smiled and walked over towards some of the necklaces.

“What did you find?” I heard and turned to see Abby walking in, “Ooo, these are cute!”

“I know, right,” I laughed as I grabbed the one shell necklace and held it up.

“I might get one for Madelyn, I know she’ll love one,” Abby said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Uh oh, the ladies are shopping,” I heard and giggled when Sharp walked into the shop.

“Hun, what about this one for Maddie?” Abby asked and held up a necklace.

I decided to venture deeper into the shop and look at more of their items. Towards the back I saw and older woman sitting on a stool with a fan pointed towards her. I smiled and waved towards her and looked around the shop. The woman said something to me, but it was in Spanish and I didn’t understand.

“I’m sorry,” I said and looked at her, “I don’t understand,” she spoke the sentence again and I shook my head, “Sorry, nothing,” she spoke the sentence again and I laughed nervously. I looked back towards Abby and called her over, “I don’t understand.”

“Honey, Kelly’s the one who speaks Spanish, not me,” she said and I sighed. The woman spoke the sentence again and I could tell she was getting frustrated. We looked at her and saw her pointing towards her side and then pointed towards me. I looked down and then at her, “Ooooooh, she’s talking about your scar,” Abby said and then pointed towards me scar and the woman nodded her head.

“Uh, accident,” I said and looked at her and then at Abby, “Go find Kelly.”

“No need! I’m here!” Kelly laughed and I saw her walking into the store, “I was sent by the boys to retrieve the shopaholics.”

“Tell her I was in a sporting accident,” I said to Kelly and she looked at me confused, “She asked about my scar.”

“Oooooh,” Kelly laughed, “So tell her you survived a shark attack?”

“No! Tell her the truth!” I laughed and Kelly smiled.

Kelly turned to the woman and spoke in Spanish, telling her about my scar. The woman just nodded her head and then motioned to the store and started talking, “Uh, she’s saying that her son was injured- He was a professional soccer player, he retired and bought this shop for her.”

“Oh, that’s really cool, I’m a hockey player,” I said and Kelly told the woman what I was saying.

-Kane-
“You think you’ve got enough bags, Abby?” Maggie giggled as we all started to head back towards the house.

We were all definitely getting muscles in our legs from how much walking we were doing, and we’ve only been here for three days. We were downtown all day, enjoying the festivities and drinking and eating a lot. Maggie was under my arm, her hand was in my back pocket and we were giggling and swaying back and forth, the two of us a little tipsy.

I smirked and then felt an arm on top of mine across Maggie’s shoulder, I turned to my side and saw Jon smiling brightly towards Maggie and she giggled and hip bumped him, ‘…So this is what it’s gunna be when she’s a Hawk?...’ I thought happily and pulled Maggie over and kissed her forehead.

We finally got back to the house and found that we were all hungry and we wanted to cook up some steaks on the grill. Do you know how difficult that is when everyone was pretty much drunk or tipsy? Sharp was put in charge of cooking because he was the soberest one of us all.

Everyone ate and drank some more, I had a beer in front of me, sitting on the comfortable patio furniture, seeing Maggie’s feet on my seat and turning to look at her and seeing that she was sitting in her chair sideways and her legs were thrown over the armrest. I finished off my beer and then threw mine and Maggie’s plates away and then came back over towards her and picked her up off of the chair.

“What are you doing?” she giggled as I threw her over my shoulder and hearing some of the guys laughing.

“For a walk,” I said and she laughed.

“Am I going to be able to walk?”

“Maybe,” I chuckled and then placed her on the ground and laced my fingers with hers, “Come on.”

“Where are we going?” she asked and I smiled and pulled her towards the beach in our backyard.

The sun was going down; I had pulled Maggie towards the beach, close to the shore and plopped down on the sand. Maggie smiled and sat down beside me and leaned against my side, our fingers were still laced together and she was looking out at the setting sun.

“Come ‘ere,” I said and Maggie looked at me, I opened my legs and pulled Maggie to sit in front of me. She smiled and climbed over my leg and leaned her back against my chest and her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her shoulder, closing my eyes and just enjoying her being here.

“You know,” she giggled, “If someone were to tell me that I’d be with you right now, I’d tell them that they’re high.”

I chuckled and kissed her neck, “I still don’t believe it.”

“What?”

“That you’re here,” I said and she turned and looked at me, “You’re here, right now, with me.”

“Well sorry to disappoint- This is all a dream,” she said and I chuckled and pressed my lips against hers and then leaned my forehead against hers.

“If this is a dream, then I don’t ever want to wake up,” I breathed and Maggie turned her whole body against and pressed herself against my chest, moving her hands up my chest, to my shoulders and then pressed her lips against mine.

I laid back on the sand and pulled Maggie down with me. I moved my hands to her ass and gave her a firm squeeze, hearing her giggle against my lips. Her hands were tangled in my hair while one of mine trailed up her back to her bikini string. Maggie gasped and pulled back when I tugged on the string and untied the bikini.

“Patrick Kane!” she gasped and I chuckled and quickly rolled over so that she was under my.

I leaned up and pulled my tank over my head and tossed it next to us and then leaned down, pressing my lips against hers again and pulling her top off and throwing it on top of my shirt. Maggie groaned when I brought my lips down and wrapped them around one of her breasts. I ran my hand up her arm and laced my fingers with hers; digging it in the sand as I felt Maggie’s back arch against my chest. She breathed my name and I leaned up and pressed my lips against hers again cupping her neck with my other hand and feeling her free hand on the back of my neck. I groaned against her mouth when she wrapped her legs around my waist and quickly flipped us so that she was on top of me, straddling my waist. I chuckled, my hands on her stomach and she smiled brightly down at me, her hair falling out of her clip and it draped across her chest.

“You definitely are a top person,” I chuckled and Maggie giggled and leaned down moving her hair to the side and pressing herself against me and then kissing my neck. She nibbled on my ear a little before pressing her lips against mine.

We both let out a little scream when a huge wave came up and the cool water hit us and the tide pulled us a little. We were wet and cold, I leaned back on the sand, laughing and knowing that I probably had sand stuck in my hair now.

“That was awesome!” I laughed Maggie smiled at me and leaned back down, cupping my neck and pressing her lips against mine again. I moved my hands back towards her ass and enjoyed everything that was going on right now. Another wave hit again, this one smaller than the last. We were both laughing, I brought my hand up and laid it on Maggie’s neck, over her hair and then moved some wet strands that were sticking to her face to behind her ear, “We’d better head back.”
“All right,” Maggie smiled and then kissed my quick again and then back and looked up and then looked around, she had a confused look on her face and I leaned my head back as far as I could to see what she was trying to see.

“What’s up?”

“Where’s are clothes?”

-Toews-
Brent, Andrew and I were sitting on the back porch, Brent had started a fire in the pit and we were just sitting around it just talking, drinking and enjoying the relaxation of our vacation.

“So what’s gunna happen when we go back home?” Brent asked and I looked at him and took a swig of my beer.

“I had another meeting two days after we get back,” I said and signed, “Have to go to New York and listen to people bitch about how they’re getting mistreated or some shit like that.”

“Ah, the life of a Captain,” Andrew said and I chuckled.

“It’s not too bad,” I said and they nodded their heads.

“Oh my god,” I heard and Brent started to laugh.

I looked at him confused and then heard Andrew start to snicker, I looked to where they were looking and my eyes widened and I let out a little chuckle. Maggie and Pat were coming towards us and Maggie looked to be hiding behind Pat.

“Don’t fuckin’ ask,” Pat grumbled and Maggie’s face was red.

“What happened Mags? The drink ‘Sex on the Beach’ wasn’t enough for ya, eh?” Andrew asked and I let out a laugh.

“Fuckin’ wave took my top,” Maggie grumbled and I just shook my head.

“That why you’re hidin?” I asked and Maggie glared at me.

“Shut it, Tazer, go back to being Captain Serious!” she snapped and the guys laughed.

“I do remember reminding you that I was a lot of fun,” I said and she smirked and rolled her eyes.

“I have sand in places I shouldn’t have sand,” Pat whined and I laughed.

“Yeah? Well try fuckin’ walkin’ around topless!” Maggie barked and Pat smiled brightly.

“I kind of am, Mags-“

“Well you’re allowed too! You don’t have boobs!”

“Thank god,” I muttered and Brent and Andrew snickered.

“You’re in Europe, Mags! It’s required for hot girls to walk around the beaches topless! Fuck some even nude-“

“Which we will not be attending those beaches!” Maggie added to Brent’s speech and I chuckled, “I’m going to bed.”

“Goodnight,” Pat said and Maggie snapped a look at him.

“You’re comin’ too! Unless you want me to flash all your teammates?”

“Take a seat right here, Kaner!” Brent said and patted towards the seat next to him and I chuckled.

“Assholes!”