Status: Active

The Letters

July 7, 2003

Dear My Beautiful, Funny Little Sister,

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY!!!!! Even though we have only known each other for short few months, I’ve learned to love you like if you were my own little sister. You and your beautiful dirty blonde hair, your big adorable blue eyes as if you were trying to take everything in at once, your cute little freckles across your nose and your cheeks. Do you know that you’re one of the most beautiful little girls I’ve ever seen?

I hope that you’ll know nothing but pure happiness and love in your life. There might be mean people out there in the world but that’s because they don’t know you. They don’t know how much you want to learn about everything. They don’t know how normal you are other than your deafness.

You challenge me to really think about what things are. Like what does bills mean? What is thirteen? Do you remember when you didn’t know numbers past ten? I love the fact that you almost always have your nose in a book when I see you. Then you’ll force me to play barbies with you.

Even though it broke my heart that you had to move away, I think Delaware will do you good. I am giving you an “adult” gift but I hope you’ll remember it always. Your gift is a silver locket with a small picture of me and you inside. So whenever you miss me a lot, you can hold your locket and think about me.

Love,
Gus

P.S. Happy Birthday Maggie!
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol did anybody expect me to describe Maggie? ;-)