Status: Will update whenever I can :)

White Haired Moonlight and a Black Haired Waiter

Something Different

I was in the classroom, sitting by my desk, alone. People sat in pairs, the cheerleaders with other cheerleaders or their boyfriends that were jocks, of course. Nerds and other losers sat together, living by themselves in their sci-fi world and getting bullied by the jocks every day. I was the only one who sat alone. Not that I minded though. I’d rather sit alone than having some geek or jock next to me. There was always something to be afraid of here. It wasn’t safe for me either. I’ve become braver since I moved here though. Chris took me under his wing and introduced me to his friends. We’re all best friends now. A year later my friend TJ had to move away, we were sad, but we were guys so it didn’t take that long to enjoy ourselves again. Devin transferred here a few months later, he looked like Edward Schissorhands’ twin. He had an awesome sense of clothing. Chris took a liking to him as well, so we became friends with him too. I that kind of shows how Chris is. He is hard and rough, but as soon as he sees a person he likes, he becomes totally different around that person. Chris found me at my first day of school, lying in my own blood at the bottom of the stairs around lunch time. I was just walking around, getting to know the place when some jocks attacked me out of nowhere. He helped me into the boys bathroom and cleaned my face and torso, nothing else was hurt. In my conscious state, I thanked him a million times. He asked me if I wanted to go to his place after school and everything became different as he welcomed me into his group. Chris has always been the leader, taking in outcasts like himself. He was born here like Angelo. Josh, Ryan, Devin and I, have moved here over the years. I was playing with some pens hoping that the time would go faster, it didn’t, but the class was ending soon anyways.

The bell rang and I hurried to the band room. Music was my next subject and all my friends took it since it was one of the more unpopular classes and because, over all reasons, it was music. I opened the door and saw my friends plus a few other girls and boys. They were either those marching band people or just had a major crush on Chris, even though he wasn’t the quarterback, he was still popular among the girls even though they never admitted that. I saw a new face talk with the teacher. She had white and curly hair, minimal makeup, and she wore a big gray sweater along with tight jeans and some black converse. Her way of dressing took your attention back to her face. She was a beauty and I can admit that much. “Luna Helena Argent, that’s a pretty name,” our teacher Mrs. Walker stated. Luna Helena as in moon light, I thought to myself. “Yeah…” she said. “So you’re taking music, what do you play?” Mrs. Walker asked. “The guitar when I feel like playing something heavy and the piano when I want something classical,” she said. I mentally smiled, she said heavy. I found a chair next to my friends in the other end of the room. “Hi guys,” I said as I sat down. They didn’t reply and I looked up at them. “What?” I asked and cocked an eyebrow. They broke out in laughter. “You totally fancy the new girl,” Chris said. “Do not,” I argued. “Dude, if you weren’t you would have played along. You have already been caught Rick,” Balz said. I sighed. “I don’t fancy her, I just find her attractive,” I admitted. She didn’t really look like the type of girl that it seemed I would like, but I did. She was exactly the ‘different beauty’ that I like. They all grinned devilish at me before turning their attention back to the teacher. “Okay everyone, we have a new student. Luna,” Mrs. Walker said. “Care to share something about yourself?” Luna thought for a second while she shoved the arms of her sweaters up at her elbows, it revealed how skinny she was, a fragile little creature, that’s what she looked like. “Uh, I’m Luna. I recently moved here from Norway where I’ve lived my whole life. My mother is from France and my father is born in Norway, but his father is American. So that makes me half French, one quarter Norwegian and one quarter American,” she said with what I guess is a Norwegian accent. She’s something different, I thought to myself. “Okay sit down please so we can start the lesson,” Mrs. Walker said. “I have an assignment that you have to deliver within a month. I’ll make groups of three and the assignment is to write a song or a piece of music. Anything you want. I’ll not judge the lyrics if I find it filthy or wrong, just as long as it’s good written,” she explained. Good, I really like Mrs. Walker, she’s really supporting when it comes to me and my friends' band. She doesn’t care if we use curses in our lyrics like our old teacher did. He wanted us suspended while Mrs. Walker thinks we’re talented. “Okay, um. Emily, Joshua and Jared, you’re group one. Ryan, Devin and Michelle, you’re group two. Angelo, Marcus and Jennifer, you’re group three. And Chris, Ricky and Luna is group four,” Mrs. Walker said and nodded to herself. I noticed some of the girls look at Luna with bitchy looks, probably because they wanted to be on Chris’ group. I looked at Luna. She smiled warmly in me and Chris’ direction. “You can use the rest of your time to jam if you want,” Mrs. Walker said, she’s so cool. Angelo jumped behind the drum set and Josh walked behind the piano since our keyboards are broken, Ryan and I found the guitars, Chris went to set up the mike and Devin found the bass in a stand. The others sat next to each other and chatted along with their friends. I tuned the guitar as I secretly watched Luna. She walked over to Josh and sat down next to him on the stool behind the piano. He looked surprised for e second before he smiled warmly at her. It almost looked like he was sorry for her, wonder why. “I’m already guessing that you guys are in a band, can I please join you on the piano?” She asked and pouted at him, adorable. He laughed a genuine laughter before he nodded. “Just do whatever I do down here,” he said and pointed at the end of the piano she sat beside. “Okay, can I throw in some of my own shit?” I asked. “Yeah of course, I don’t think anyone would mind,” Josh said. He was sweet towards her and that meant he had taken a liking to her. “Envious?” Chris' voice made me jump. “What?” “You stared at them which means you’re jealous at Balz because of the attention he gets,” Chris said. “You don’t have to worry though; I can’t see the gleam in his eye he gets whenever he’s in love. Luna doesn’t look like she’s in love either,” Chris said. I breathed relived out. Chris chuckled. “I thought you said you didn’t fancy her,” Chris said. I flicked him off in a friendly way before we all started to play.

I didn’t see Luna after music class. She was probably not the one to stick around. She was talented and Josh was completely blown away by her skills and gave her a lot of compliments, she blushed a bit and I started to wonder if she was going to fall for him, but I figured she might not get as many compliments as she should. Her big brown eyes were amazingly cute and her lips looked soft and tempting. Shit, I know I said I didn’t like her that way, but I really do. Or at least I thought so. I didn’t really know her yet so I guess I was in love with her looks, that hasn’t happen to me before and it confuses me. I was always the one to look at whatever’s on the inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? I would really like people to post ideas, advice, criticism and so on so I can improve myself :)