Personal Goals

Chapter 10

*Vic’s POV*
Besides the constant overshadowing anxiety surrounding the fact that I had yet to tell Kellin about Jess, I was really happy that I said yes to Kellin. He was in a better mood, and there were no more awkward moments where we silently question if it was okay to kiss one another. We just did it. When I went to his house the next day, he greeted me with a kiss and sent me away with one. Who knew he would end up being so affectionate?
Anyway, I was actually looking forward to Saturday when Kellin would come over. I had straightened everything in the apartment, and I had lunch already prepared. The only thing left to do was make sure there were no baby things lying around. Surely he would ask questions about the bottles in the sink, or the pacifier that was on the coffee table. I cleaned the bottles and took those and the pacifier to Jess’s room and locked the door behind me. Hopefully he wouldn’t even think to go in there. After I scanned the place a few more times, I was finally convinced that there was nothing I was missing.
Kellin had texted me saying that he was on his way. I knew my apartment was nothing compared to his lavish dwelling, but hopefully that wouldn’t matter here.
When he arrived, I got a phone call.
“Hey, I think I’m here,” he said.
“Building four?” I asked, going over to look out the window. I noticed there was a red Z4 that I had never seen before parked outside. Of course that had to be the car he stepped out of. I smiled to myself and shook my head.
“Yeah, dude, no one’s gonna steal my car are they? This neighborhood’s pretty sketchy,” he said, looking around.
“No, it’s not,” I said. “Just because a neighborhood isn’t full of McMansions doesn’t mean it’s a bad neighborhood.”
“If you say so,” he sighed. “I’ll be right up.”
He hung up the phone and I waited for him to knock on the door. Actually, I didn’t even wait for him. I had the door already wide open by the time he got there. He smiled when he saw me and connected his lips with mine before even saying hello.
“Hey there,” I said, closing and locking the door behind him.
“Hey,” He said, kicking off his shoes and looking around the apartment.
“I know it’s not much,” I said, feeling a little sub-par.
“No, it’s great,” he insisted, turning back around to hug me. “What’s for lunch.”
“Um, again, not much, but I made this pasta stuff,” I explained, showing him into the kitchen, where I had two bowls already set out. Lifted the lid from the pot on the stove and served some for him before handing him a bowl. I did the same for myself.
“Where’s the dining room?” he asked.
“Right there,” I said, pointing to the couch. I felt a little awkward still. My entire apartment was probably the size of the gym he had in his basement. What the hell did his parents even do for a living?
“Sweet, I’m never allowed to eat on the couch,” he said, excitedly. “What’s in this?”
“Just pasta, sauce, some sausage,” I shrugged. “I also poisoned it.”
“You’re terrible,” he laughed. “So what’s up? What are we doing today?”
“I thought we’d just hang out,” I shrugged. Was I supposed to have planned something? Shit.
“Let me rephrase that: are we going to have sex?”
“You know, we don’t always have to have sex,” I said, trying to at least sound mature. He gave me a look as if to say ‘yeah, right’. “But we still will.”
“Awesome,” he said, as he started to eat. We sat there and finished eating, talking about the most random things. Kellin started telling me about how his friends were always asking him about the working out thing, and that they didn’t believe he was actually doing any sort of physical activity.
“It’s funny though, because they should all know how active I like to be,” he said, wriggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes.
“You’re naughty,” I said, taking his bowl from him and walking it over to the sink in the kitchen. Kellin followed me in, looping his arms around my waist as I washed our dishes. I was about to suggest that we watch a movie or something before getting into anything sexual, but before I could I felt Kellin’s soft lips against my neck, his hands trailing up and down my sides. I turned to face him and distracted his lips with my own.
“I’ll show you to my room,” I whispered as he nodded. I took his hand and led him down the short hallway, past Jess’s room and into my own. The furniture in my room was practically non-existent. My bed was a mattress on the floor and my dresser was one of those plastic three-drawer things. I hoped he didn’t care too much about that.
He didn’t say anything, though, as I led him to the bed. I lied down and pulled him on top of me, slipping my hands under his shirt as he dipped down to kiss me some more. I loved kissing him; I didn’t think I could ever get enough of it.
He grinded his hips against mine, and I could feel that he was already hard. I looked up at him as he sat up, straddling my hips. I reached for the button on his jeans when my phone started ringing. I went to reach for it, but he swatted my hand away.
“No,” he said. “Don’t answer your phone and leave me hanging like this.”
“Okay,” I mumbled, my mind a little too clouded to really think about who could possibly be calling. I went back to the front of his jeans and pulled him out of his boxer shorts through the opening at the front. I brushed my thumb against the tip as he let out a moan- and as my phone started ringing again.
“Vic, come on,” he groaned. I sighed and ignored the ringing, going back to rubbing him up and down. The phone rang for the third time, and Kellin picked it up out of frustration.
“Who the fuck is Jenna? Why does she keep calling you?” he demanded to know. I knew he wasn’t really pissed off, he was just hard and sexually frustrated.
“Shit, give me that,” I gasped, snatching the phone away from him. The call had already gone to voicemail. I was about to call her back when I heard a loud knocking on the door. My heart leapt in my chest. What the hell was going on?
“What now?” he moaned as I pushed him off of me and jumped out of bed.
“Wait here,” I said quickly, my mind racing. I ran to the door and pulled it open to reveal a really pissed-off looking Jenna carrying an overnight bag and a sleeping Jess. Shit.
“What are you doing here?” I asked quickly, in a low voice.
“It’s Saturday, I have work,” she muttered. I was confused. What the fuck?
“You said you start next Saturday,” I said, defensively.
“Oops,” she shrugged. What a fucking bitch. “What? You don’t want the responsibility?”
“Don’t put fucking words in my mouth,” I said, harshly, taking the baby from her.
“Because, you know, the daycare option is always open,” she shrugged. I glared at her for that, and because she still smelled like fucking cigarettes.
“It most certainly is not,” I hissed, taking the bag from her and setting it on the floor. I felt a little shaky, mainly because I was so nervous. Kellin was just in the other room. I couldn’t hide this part of my life from him anymore- there was really no way out of it.
“Whatever, bye,” she said, turning to leave. I don’t know why, but it really bothered me that she never said goodbye to Jess. But either way, I had other things to worry about now. As I shut the door and turned to walk towards my room, I was met by a shirtless and very confused look Kellin.
“What’s going on?” he asked, quietly. He looked a little scared, too. I knew I definitely was. I barely even got to start a relationship or anything with Kellin. Was this going to be taken from already?
“You should probably sit down,” I said.