Status: Updates come when inspiration smacks me in the face :)

Bad Guy, Good Heart

New Start

Two years had gone by since Yuki had escaped from Hueco Mundo however she opted out of going back to the Seireitei and instead stayed in KaraKura. When she first arrived she stayed with Urahara but now she had her own apartment, she was the Soul Reaper in charge of KaraKura town, that was the deal for her to stay in the World of the Living and she happily took it.

She was currently walking home from Karakura High School, choosing to attend it because she had nothing better to do. So much had changed in two years, everything was peaceful, except for the odd Hollow that appeared that is.

“Yuki?” A voice broke her train of thought and she turned her head and came face to face with a familiar face.

“Grimmjow?” She stared in disbelief; she had been told that he had been killed during the war, but here he was, standing in front of her in all his glory.

“They told me, you had been killed…” She let her voice trail away, tears pricked her eyes. So much had been left unsaid between them and things hadn’t been good between them.

“I got away, barely.” He shrugged, his eyes scanned her and he noted the uniform, “You go to the human school? How long are you staying in the world of the living?” He asked curiously.

“I’ve been here for nearly two years; this is where I live now.” She told him, glancing at the ground.

“How ironic,” Grimmjow stated, making Yuki glance up to him in confusion, wondering what he meant but only receiving a shake from the blue-haired man. He seemed so different, but at the same time the same, he seemed a lot calmer now though.

“Do you still hate Soul Reapers?” Yuki asked quietly, staring directly at Grimmjow, searching for the truth

“They aren’t so bad any more,” He paused before continuing his sentence in a quieter tone, “look, about what happened-” He was cut off by Yuki.

“It’s fine, the past is the past,” She shifted her weight to one foot and placed a hand on her hip.

“No it’s not fine, stupid woman, I hurt you. That’s not fine.” He muttered darkly and Yuki realized that after all this time he was still beating himself up over it.

“I let you do it, I had deserved it, and I forgive you, really.” Yuki watched Grimmjow’s tense shoulders relax slightly in relief. She admitted that it felt like a heavy burden had been lifted from her heart and she could help but to close the gap between herself and Grimmjow, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her head into his shoulder.

“I’m so happy, you’re alive.” She whispered, hugging him tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'm so tired but this need to be updated, hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for reading.