‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Ch.11

Sabrina stayed in her cell all night, not moving. Daryl finally had enough and went into her cell she didn't even acknowledge him, she was just staring at the bed above her.

"Shorty." He said as softly as he could.

She didn't budge so he went to her and sat down on the bed. "Why?" She asked barely above a whisper, not taking her eyes off the bed.

"I don't know, Sabrina."

"She was just a child." She choked out.

Daryl hated seeing her cry, in fact he didn't like to see any woman cry. He put his right hand on her stomach to comfort her.

"Sabrina, ya mark my word. I'll find tha' bastard 'nd kill 'im. I promise ya tha'."

"Daryl...don't make promises that you might not be able to keep."

"I'm gonna keep tha' promise-"

"Rick's calling a group meeting." Beth said, interrupting their conversation.

Beth walked away and Daryl looked back to her. "Ya comin'?" She shook her head at him.

"I'll be near yer room, so don't do anythin' stupid." He warned before he cautiously grazed his lips over her forehead.

Daryl got up and left her cell, he didn't go very far though. SAbrina heard Hershel say something about not being able to stay here and Maggie backed him up.

"We can't even go outside."

"Not even in daylight." She heard Beth and Carol say since they were near her cell.

Sabrina then heard Glenn talk about them not running. Then she heard a voice that she never wanted to hear again, Merle. She finally got up, walking out of her room and stood next to Daryl. She had made up her mind, she was going to stay alive and avenge Ana's death.

"You got a better idea?" Rick's voice echoed through the prison.

"Yeah, we should've slid outta here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's-"

"Who's this 'we' you keep talking about?" Sabrina said coldly.

"Watch it da-"

"Merle." Daryl said warningly.

"She's got ya tied 'round her finger don't she?"

"Ya best shut the hell up 'bout 'er 'nd keep tellin' us wha' ya know."

Merle scoffed and started talking again. "An'way, I'm sure he's go' scouts on ev'ry road out of this place by now."

"We ain't scared of tha' prick." Daryl said as he started pacing.

"Y'all should be. Tha' truck through the fence thing, Tha's jus' him ringin' the doorbell. We might have some thick walls ta hide b'hind, bu' he's got the guns 'nd the numbers. 'Nd if he takes the high ground 'round this place, shoot, he could jus' starve us out if he wanted to."

"Let's put him in the other cell block."

"I agree with Maggie." Sabrina said looking down at Rick.

"No. He's gotta poin'."

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie said furiously.

"What makes a difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" Beth said going down the stairs.

"I say we should leave. Now Axel and Ana, Sabrina's only daughter is dead. We can't just sit here."

Rick looked at Hershel then walked away. Hershel got up with the help of his crutches and yelled at Rick, which caused Rick to stop in his tracks. Sabrina was in shock, she never seen Hershel so pissed of, let alone raise his voice. She noticed Daryl stopped pacing and was a few cells down from hers. She went to him and leaned her back against the railing.

"Your slipping Rick. We've seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. so get your head clear and do something."

Rick walked out of the prison to get some fresh air. Carl went after him as soon as he was out of sight. Sabrina went back to her room with Daryl right on her heels.

"I'm sorry 'bout wha' Merle said ta ya back at the camp 'nd last nigh'."

"You don't need to apologize Daryl, he does."

Daryl leaned down to kiss her until he heard Merle.

"Darlina." He sang.

Daryl groaned she looked at him with confusion. "It's a long story." He said going in for the kiss again.

"Are finally makin' sweet love ta her Darlina?" Merle's voice rang out.

Daryl growled with annoyance.

"Ignore him." Sabrina said putting her arms around his neck.

"I don't 'ear no sweet love makin'. Did ya freeze up Darlina?" Merle cackled.

Daryl had enough and walked out of Sabrina's cell. "Ya best shu' up!"

Sabrina walked out of the cell and stood next to Daryl.

"If you ever want to know what a real man is like, I'm right here."

"No thanks. I'm good. And there is a baby here so why don't you shut it so she can take her nap?" She said warningly with a death glare.

Merle snickered and walked away from the door. Soon after Rick came back in and told everyone what was going on.

"Didn't see any snipers out there. But I'll keep Maggie on watch."

Daryl went down to Rick while Sabrina stayed above them leaning on the railing.

"I'll ge' up in the guard tower, take out half them walkers, give these guys a chance ta fix the fence."

"Or use some of the cars to put the bus in place." Michonne suggested.

"We can't access the field without burning through our bullets." Hershel informed.

"So we're trapped in here. There's barely any food or ammo" Glenn snapped.

Sabrina came down and stood by Daryl. "Been 'ere b'fore. We'll be a'right."

"That's when it was just us. Before there was a snake in the nest."

"Man, we gonna go through this again? Look, Merle's stayin' 'ere. He's with us now. Ge' used ta it. All y'all."

"Daryl, now's not the time." Sabrina said grabbing his upper arm lightly.

"Hey." Rick said calmly.

Daryl walked out of her grasp and went back up the stairs.

"Daryl." She called but he didn't look her way, just kept going.

She sighed and looked back at Glenn.

"Seriously Rick, I don't think Merle living here is really gonna fly."

"I can't kick him out."

"I wouldn't ask you to live with Shane after he tried to kill you." Glenn snapped.

"Merle has military experience. He may be erratic, but don't underestimate his loyalty to his brother."

"What if we solved both problems at once? Deliver Merle to the Governor. Bargaining chip. Give him his traitor, maybe declare a truce."

"That's not going to work Glenn. If we do that, Daryl's gone again. And we need him." Sabrina informed before walking back up the stairs and into her cell.

She laid down, staring at the wall closest to the bed. Sabrina heard someone's footsteps going past her room but she chose to ignore it. Whoever was going to see Daryl, they were probably going to get an ear full for not leaving him alone. Soon the footsteps came again and stopped at her cell.

"Are you ok?"

She looked towards Carol and nodded. "I'll be fine. Just want to be alone for a few minutes."

"Alright. I'm about to make lunch, if you're interested come down and eat." She said with a small smile before walking away.

Sabrina heard footsteps again and they walked into her cell. She felt additional weight on her mattress.

"What?" She mumbled.

"How do ya feel 'bout my brother bein' 'ere?"

"He's going to make our lives a miserable hell." She said turning towards him.

Daryl sighed and looked towards the cell entrance.

"Daryl, don't be getting angry because I told you the truth."

"I ain't." He said softly before looking back down at her. "Sabrina, I'm sorry I left."

"I understand. But if you ever do that again, I will hunt you down and kick your ass."

The both of them chuckled then were interrupted when Rick's voice rang out for Daryl. Daryl quickly got up with his crossbow and followed Rick out of the prison. Sabrina decided to get up and go to the kitchen area. A few minutes later Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Beth and Merle came back with someone. She gasped when she saw that it was Andrea. Andrea hugged Carol then hugged her.

"Hershel, Oh my God." Andrea said when she saw his leg missing.

She let go of Sabrina and looked around. "I can't believe this." She then looked at Rick. "Where's Shane?"

Silence.

"And Lori?"

"She had a baby girl. Lori didn't survive." Hershel informed.

"Neither did T-Dog." Carol added.

"And my daughter was killed." Sabrina said walking to Daryl and standing next to him.

"I'm so sorry. Sabrina. Carl. Rick, I-" She stopped. "You all live here?"

"Here and the cell block." Glenn said.

"There?" She pointed. "Can I go in?" She started walking to the cell block.

Daryl and Sabrina were about to stop her but Rick got to Andrea first. "I won't allow that."

"I'm not an enemy, Rick."

"We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up."

"He said you fired first."

"Well, he's lying."

"He killed an inmate who survived in here and killed Ana."

"We liked 'im. He was one of us." Daryl admitted.

"I didn't know anything about that. As soon as I found out, I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out."

"That was days ago."

"I told you, I came as soon as I could."

Everyone gave Andrea a stern look and stayed silent. Andrea turned to Michonne and asked, "What have you told them?"

"Nothing."

"I don't get it. I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?"

"He almost killed Michonne and he would have killed us."

"With his finger on the trigger. Isn't he the one that kidnapped you? Who beat you?" Andrea asked Glenn.

"That may be true but Merle's not the one that killed my daughter. You're precious boyfriend did." Sabrina growled out with a glare.

"Look, I cannot excuse or explain what Phillip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out."

Is she really defending him?!

"There's nothing to work out. We're gonna kill him. I don't know how or when, but we will."

"We can settle this. There is room at Woodbury for all of you."

"What part don't you understand about him kill-"

"You know better than that." Merle interrupted Sabrina.

"What makes you think this man wants to negotiate? Did he say that?" Hershel spoke up.

"No."

"Then why did you come here?" Rick said sternly.

"Because he's gearing up for war. The people are terrified. They see you as killers. They're training to attack."

"I'll tell ya wha'. Next time ya see Phillip, ya tell 'im I'm gonna take his other eye."

"We've taken too much shit for too long. He wants a war? He's got one."

"Rick. If you don't sit down and try to work this out, I don't know what gonna happen. He has a whole town." She said then turned around to everybody. "Look at you. You've lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore."

"You want to make this right, get us inside."

"No."

"Then kill him yourself." Sabrina suggested.

"No."

"Then we got nothing to talk about."

"There are innocent people." Rick walked away from her.

Sabrina rolled her eyes and walked off too. "Sabrina wait."

"Goodbye Andrea." She said going into the cell block.

Sabrina went up to her cell and looked through her bags. Once she finally found what she was looking she sighed with relief. She walked out of her cell and to the cell door. She caught a glimpse of Andrea holding Judith. She bit her tongue, Andrea shouldn't be allowed to touch that baby, she was with the enemy. Sabrina quickly threw part of the sheet over the cell door.

There a little bit of privacy.

She went back into her cell and laid down looking at the bed above her. Soon after Sabrina heard footsteps going down the stairs.

Finally, she's getting kicked out.

Night time finally fell and everyone ate their dinner. Beth, Carol and Glenn were sitting in a circle by a lantern. Maggie at on the steps, Michonne sat by herself in a chair, Daryl, Sabrina and Hershel were standing by a cell, and Rick came down with Judith. Beth started singing, Glenn got up and went to Maggie. Rick, along with Judith went over to Daryl, Sabrina and Hershel. Daryl maneuvered his hand behind Sabrina and started rubbing her lower back softly. Rick, Sabrina, Hershel and even Daryl looked down at the baby.

"Some reunion, huh?" Daryl said as quietly as he could to Rick.

"She's in a jam."

"We all are." Sabrina said.

"Andrea's persuasive. This fella's armed to the teeth. Bent on destruction." Hershel said.

"So wha' do ya wanna do?"

"We match it. I'm going out on a run."

"I'll head out tomorrow."

"No, you stay here. Keep an eye on your brother." Rick said looking over to the common area. "I'm glad you're back, really, but if he causes a problem, it's on you."

"I go' 'im."

"I'll take Michonne."

"Ya sure tha's a good idea?"

"I'll find out. And Carl. He's ready. You hold it down here."

"Ya go' it."

They got silent and listened to Beth sing the rest of the song before going to bed.