‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Ch.12

The next morning Sabrina was up early making breakfast. She wanted to make sure Rick, Carl and Michonne ate something before going on their journey.

"You three stay safe ok?"

"We will Sabrina, don't worry." Carl said.

She hugged each of them before they took off. She rolled her eyes as she heard shuffling. "Well if it isn't my liddle brother's ol' lady."

"Why don't you just go away." She said before walking back to the cells.

"He givin' ya trouble again?"

"Not yet, but I know it was coming." Sabrina said walking up the stairs past Daryl.

"Wha's wrong?" He asked as he chased after her.

Sabrina sighed as she went into her room and gathered her dirty clothes. Daryl started getting irritated so he grabbed her upper arms and sat her on the bed.

"Sabrina, wha's wrong?"

"Daryl, if I tell you, you're not going to like it."

"I already know ya don't like my brother."

"And I still don't understand why he's still in this prison with us. For all we know he could go back to that governor and tell him all our weaknesses."

"Merle wouldn't do tha' now. When they captured me, he coulda easily killed me 'nd he didn't. He's one of us now."

She rolled her eyes before speaking. "Merle isn't one of us. He hasn't done anything to become 'one of us.' And quite frankly I don't think he ever will. Merle wants one thing and that's you."

Daryl growled at her with a glare as she got up from the bed to gather the clothes again. "I'm sorry that it sounds harsh but it's the truth. If he wants to be 'one of us', he's got to earn it." She turned around and looked at him. "Did you really think we'd invite him with open arms after what he done to Glenn?"

Daryl stood up from the bed and left Sabrina's room. She sighed and shook her head as she kept gathering the clothes.

"Ya two havin' a lovers spat?" She heard Merle cackle.

"Shut the hell up Merle." Daryl's voice came before hearing a hard slam of the door.

A few hours past before Rick, Carl and Michonne came back carrying some guns and what looked like a crib.

"Is that a crib?" Sabrina asked descending the stairs with a smile.

"Yeah, we got it for Judith." Carl answered.

"Where did you guys find it?"

"There was a baby store near by." Michonne said.

"Well, I'll set it up in the nursery."

"You don't have to do that Ssabrina, I'll do it."

"It's fine Rick, gives me something to do. I've already done everything that I needed to do."

Carl put the box in Judith's room as Sabrina followed. "Do you want any help?"

"Umm, I don't have anything to open the box so you can open it for me." She said smiling at Carl.

Carl got the box open with a pocket knife that he had. "Anything else?"

"I think I can handle the rest Carl. Thank you."

Carl smiled then left, leaving Sabrina by herself to put the Judith's crib together. She wasn't alone very long, she knew who was behind her.

"Shorty." He said softly.

"What Daryl?" She asked softly putting one of the railings on.

Sabrina finally looked at him when he didn't answer. He was leaning up against the door frame with his arms crossed and his legs crossed at the ankles. She got one railing into place before standing up to go over to him.

"What's wrong Daryl?"

"Me, Rick 'nd Hershel are gonna go see the governor."

"What?" She asked slightly confused and slightly shocked.

"We got ta go meet up with the governor. Ta try 'nd settle the thing b'tween us."

"You do know Rick's not going to believe a word coming from that dirtbag, right?"

"I know. Bu' at least he's tryin' ta stop wha'ever's goin' on." Daryl said as he pushed himself off the door frame.

Daryl went to Sabrina, grabbing her wrists and pulling her to him. She became surprised when he hugged her tightly. She finally hugged him back while burying her head into his chest.

"Shorty."

Sabrina looked up at him and he swooped down making their lips connect. Her arms snaked around his neck, pulling him closer. He broke the kiss while taking her arms off his neck.

"We'll be back."

"Be careful."

He smirked at her before leaving the room.

"Did ya just pull a quickie on yer girl?"

"Merle, ya best shud up!" She heard Daryl growl out.

Sabrina started on the crib again and heard Glenn instructing everyone where to put guns and bullets. Once she was finished she went to where Glenn and the others were.

"Wha' we should be doin' is loading some of this firepower in a truck 'nd paying a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now."

For once I'm going to agree with Merle.

"Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?"

"Yeah." Sabrina and Merle said at the same time, which caused them to look at each other.

"Finally agreeing with me?"

"On this. Yes."

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." Michonne said gritting her teeth.

"I've changed my mind sweetheart. Being on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sittin' right with me."

"Daryl can take care of himself, Merle. And besides we don't know what the situation is like where their at." Sabrina said.

"Thank you Sabrina. The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong."

"And they will."

"My dad can take care of himself." Carl said a little harshly.

"Sorry, son but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon."

"Merle!" Sabrina said angrily.

"Don't say that to him." Maggie said right along with Sabrina scolding.

"It's not the right now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire. That's my decision. It's final." Glenn said before walking off after Carl.

Sabrina decided to go get some fresh air for a bit. When she was outside she sat down on the concrete, using the prison to lean her back on. She looked out to the graves sadly. She had a feeling that nothing was going to get resolved, her daughter's death would never be avenged. She was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard something, other than walkers. She got up and found Glenn making a hole in the cage wall.

"Need any help?"

Glenn looked over at her. "No, I'm good."

He put the gun through the hole then back out. "I didn't know you were out here."

"I just needed some fresh air and some time to clear my head." She said going up to him.

The two of them went back inside the prison.

"Merle what the hell are you doing?" Sabrina deadpanned when she saw him packing up the guns.

"Hey, you're not going." Glenn added, closing the barred door.

"I don't need permission."

He's got a point.

"I can't let you."

"You can't stop me." Merle countered Glenn.

"If you're gonna live here with us, it's gonna be on our terms. If Michonne can do it, why can't you?" Maggie pitched in.

"'Cause it's my brother out there, that's why. What's the matter with y'all?"

Sabrina moved to the side when she saw Merle coming up the stairs.

"I'm not gonna let you put them in danger."

"Nut up already, boy. This guy cops a feel of your woman 'nd you pussy out like this? Get outta my way."

"No."

"Glenn just get out of his way. We already know he's going to do whatever he wants." Sabrina said.

Before Sabrina knew what was going on Merle tackled Glenn and the both of them rolled down the few steps that were there. Sabrina, Maggie and Michonne jumped into action. Maggie jumped on Merle to get him off of Glenn and Michonne helped her. Once the two of them had Merle restrained Sabrina went to Glenn to see if he was alright. She jumped when a gunshot went off. She looked to see Beth holding a gun upward.

"Let me go! Let me go!"

Maggie and Michonne let him go and Sabrina glared at Merle. "Merle Dixon if you ever do that again, I will poison you. And don't think that I won't because I will in a heartbeat." She said helping Glenn up.

Maggie and Sabrina helped Glenn into the cellblock while Michonne packed the guns and ammo, bringing them into the cellblock, away from Merle.

"I've got Glenn from here."

"Alright. I'll check on you later ok Glenn."

"Ok."

Sabrina decided to go help Beth with Judith. "I can take her for a while. You need some you time."

She looked up to see Glenn walking by then she looked back at Beth.

"Thanks Sabrina." Beth said smiling, handing a wrapped up Judith over before walking out the cell.

"Hey there sweetie. Was Beth trying to put you down for a nap?" She asked softly.

Sabrina sat down where Beth was seated and started rocking Judith gently while humming a lullaby she always sang to Ana. Judith fell asleep so she put the baby in the crib. Sabrina left the room and quietly went to hers and laid down. She had tears welling up in her eyes, she missed Ana so much.

"Shorty."

Sabrina quickly wiped her eyes before turning to look at Daryl. "You're back." She said trying to sound like she wasn't about to cry.

"Ya alrigh'? Merle didn't do anythin' ta ya did he?"

"No."

"Rick wants ta talk ta everyone." Daryl said, changing the subject.

Sabrina got up and followed Daryl down the stairs. "How did the deal go?"

Daryl grunted, which she knew that it didn't go so well. "Great."

She stood next to him, leaning up against the wall.

"So, I met this Governor...sat with him for quite a while."

"Jus' the two of ya?"

Rick nodded his head yes and Merle started walking away.

"Shoulda gone when we had the chance, bro." Merle said passing Glenn.

Daryl looked down at Sabrina for an explanation and she gave him the 'later' look.

"He wants the prison. He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead for what we did to Woodbury." Rick continued. "We're going to war." He finished before walking to the exit doors to the prison.

Daryl motioned for her to go back up the stairs and to her room, he wasn't far behind. Once they were in there Daryl shut the cell door.

"Wha' happened while we were gone."

"Your brother wanted to go down there and kill the Governor. Ambush him."

"Sounds like Merle."

"Glenn set the rules down and Merle didn't like it so he tackled him and they rolled down a few steps. Maggie and Michonne pulled him off and put him in a choke hold to get him to settle down. And I had to threaten him."

"How?" He asked with a smirk.

"I told him if he doesn't knock the shit off, I was going to poison him. But we all know that I wouldn't do that, he's your brother after all."

"Ya threatened him with poison? That ain't gonna scare Merle."

Sabrina rolled her eyes before laying down, facing the wall. She turned her head when she heard Daryl put his crossbow by the door and take his boots off.

"What are you doing?"

"Ya don't wan' me sleepin' with ya?"

"Of course I do. It's just, what is your brother going to say?"

"Who cares. He gives me enough shit an'way." He said laying beside her. "B'sides ya need me, I know somethin's wrong."

She turned around and snuggled her face into his chest.

How does he always know when something's wrong?

Sabrina listened to his heartbeat before drifting off to sleep.