Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

You Look Hot Again

I had just finished getting my face done and started drying my hair when I heard the front door to the apartment close. I turned off my dryer, a little confused. I thought Patrick had been in the living room. I tightened my robe around myself and stepped out into the bedroom and made my way to the hallway, walking straight into Patrick.

“Jesus, Pat! You scared me!” I said, a hand over my chest. He laughed, stepping into the bedroom. I looked at him and gasped, my hands now going to my mouth. “It’s gone!” His hideous mullet was finally shaved and he now was back to his usual pre-season super short hair.

“I had the barber shave me too…” He said, turning to me with that baby face. I smiled and went over, holding his super smooth cheeks.

“You look hot again, baby.” I teased, making him growl a little and pick me up, throwing me on the bed.

“Excuse me? I’m always hot.” He said, hovering over me, his biceps flexing on purpose. He knew I loved his arms and shoulders.

“Not with that awful beard and mullet. A little scruff isn’t bad but…yuck.” I said, grinning up at him. He laughed, shaking his head at me and leaning down, kissing me softly.

“Finish getting ready, we shouldn’t be late.” He said quietly, helping me up and then slapping my ass as hard as he could. I shot him a look, making him grin back at me.

“You’re mean.” I called out to him, going back into the bathroom to finish drying my hair and then heading into the closet to find something to wear.

“I love yooooou…” He sang to me, following me and wrapping his arms around me.

“Yeah, yeah…I love you too.” I said, standing on my toes and pecking his lips quickly. “Are you ready? Because as soon as I’m dressed, we’re leaving.” He simply nodded and smiled at me, leaving the room to go wait in the living room again.

I settled on a red dress, figuring it was fitting since the boys had just won. I pulled on my dress and slid on my shoes, grabbing a clutch and my phone. I walked out into the living room and Pat stood up, smiling at me. I smiled back and he held the front door open for me as we walked out and headed to the elevator. He laced our fingers together, lifting my hand up and kissing my ring finger. As soon as we stepped out of the apartment tower, there were photographers snapping pictures of us getting into his car.

“Jeez, I’m not gonna miss that…” I mumbled, making Pat laugh. He smiled over at me and held my hand again, squeezing it tightly.

“It’s going to be okay.” He said softly, leaning over and kissing me as we waited at a red light. I simply nodded in reply to that, hoping and praying that it would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little shorter than usual but I need to start getting ready for work :/

Katie