Sequel: Dry Ice

Remember Me

Memories of Yesterday

I went to bed early that night. Exhausted from laughing so much today. I flopped down on the bedspread with Checker by my side. Closing my eyes, opening then and staring at the wall for an while. Tossing and turning. Thinking about the day. Laughing softly when I thought about Tré's chicken dance and Mike's hair styling and Billie's expression when he played their show. So much stimulation for the day. I let my happy thoughts sifts away with their bleeding colors as I fell unconscious.

I woke early too. With an start I popped up straight in bed. Having been dragged out of an deep sleep. My breathing in heavy gasps as I stared at the dark purple curtain on the huge windows. I glanced over at the clock. Ugh, its only five, Adeline... I thought to myself. Dripping back down onto the pillows. When my mind became too active for sleep. My eyes popped open and my mind was full of things. Memories, names, locations. The most important of them all was my own name.
“Adeline...” I whispered. Feeling how natural it felt as it's sound rolled off my lips. I'd had this blurry bright dream. Like seeing my life flash before me. I felt like I knew just about everything about myself. Except for an few things like who my parents were. Where I lived. What put me in the hospital. A lot of it foggy but still, I've been waiting for an breakthrough like this! I leapt out of bed while the memories were still fresh and headed left down the hall. Violently pounding on Billie's door.
After an count of twenty seconds the door finally creaked open. He looked exhausted as he warily looked down at me. An full six inches shorter than him.
“This had better be good Whatsername.” he muttered. Yawning.
“It's not Whatsername. It's Adeline.” I said matter of factly. His eyes widened and he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and peered down at me in the dark hall.
“Your serious?”
“How could I not be? It all came back to me... Well most of it.”
“What do you mean by most of it?” he asked warily again.
“Like I can't remember who my parents are, where I live. Why I was in the hospital. My birthday or how old I am. But regular things like my name,” I paused. Less than five minutes ago I had known my name. My full name. Now I can only remember Adeline...
“Well thats great.” he grinned. Crushing me in an hug and spinning around in the hall while everyone else slept. Laughing about nothing really. Maybe joy...
The. Ollie's door cracked open and she peeked out into the hall and looked at us “What's up?” she asked warily as Billie had and equally tiredly.
“She can remember!” Billie pointed at me like I'd committed a murder.
Ollie's eyes flashed over to me “Seriously?” she asked like Billie had.
I nodded and grinned. She leapt out of her room and joined our revolving group hug. I was pretty damn happy right now. The lights went on throughout the house and Ollie had me sit down on the couch while she held and notebook on her lap. Writing down everything I could remember so she could help me find my past the following day. By the time we had finished that, it was day. Four thirty broke out across the Californian sky and Tré and Mike shuffled from their rooms. Suddenly stunned when they saw us all up this early.
“What's going on here?” Mike asked conversationally.
Ollie and Billie answered at the same time for me.
Only I had no idea how painful it is to remember...
Billie shoved me into the bathroom and held the handle on the outside so I couldn't get out while he forced me to take an shower so he could take me into town today to look for an past. 
I banged on the door. “I can't take an shower with no clean clothes to change into!” I called.
There was an silent pause outside the door. Then Billie told Mike to take over holding the door while he went and chose something spiffy from my room. I glared at the wooden door when it suddenly cracked open. A pair of jeans and an grey t shirt flew in and the door snapped shut sharply again. Followed by Mike and Billie's mocking laughter on the outside. I pouted and took my shower. Announcing when I got out that I was done. The door opened an crack to be sure that my hair was wet.
Then they willingly opened the door and gestured for me to walk out.
“I would have taken one willingly y'know.” I complained walking past then toward my room. Scrubbing the water out of my hair with an towel as I went. Shutting the door quietly behind me. I hadn't really gotten an good look at whatever it was Billie threw at me to wear. I looked at my reflection in the long mirror. It was an dark grey off shoulder AC/DC shirt with black leather jeans. I pulled on the dirty black hightops and brushed my hair. It has grown out a bit in the last two weeks. Giving me something to actually brush. It was almost shoulder length but still black and layered looking as it had been during my run from the hospital. I shuttered away from that memory. Wanting nothing more than to just forget that part of my life for an bit. But then I can't, cause that's the day I met Billie. And without him, I don't know what I'd do.
Yes Ollie has been very motherly to me. But after the kisses with Billie on an few occasions, I can't really tell you what she is to me now. I almost feel bad. She takes me under her wing to better me and raise me from the hospital life, then I start showing signs that I'm getting together with her son... Geez, how can she still act so happy around me?
I brushed it off and went back to the living room.
Billie got up from the couch and guided me out the front door into the hot sun shining down on the porch. We jogged down the steps and made our way down the driveway. I had no idea what exactly he had planned... 
I walked up the street silently for an bit before he asked. With some genuine nervousness in his voice as he did so.
“Adeline...” he pronounced my name carefully. Concentrating on pronouncing it correctly.
I looked over in his direction as we walked. 
“Yeah? Billie.”
He looked ahead. Planning his words when he laid them on me.
“Would you be interested in going with me to the Autumn dance next week? Your free to say no...” he looked away awkwardly. I got lost in thought... Summer is already over. It's everlasting last finally thinning. And I'll miss it. A lot.
I stopped walking and turned to face Billie. He was being absolutely serious about this. He looked at my face sincerely. Something in his expression was screaming yes!, please say yes! 
And this other little bit was saying that he was hoping id say no so he would know better than to get attached when my life is only beginning.
“Billie.” I said firmly. Holding onto his shoulders at arm length.
He looked sort of sad because he was already estimating what I'd say.
“Yes, Adeline?”
“I'd love to.” I pulled him in and draped my arms around his neck and kissed him. No matter my future, it was already clear that I wanted him to be apart of it.
“I love you.” I rested my forehead on his. Looking up into his jade eyes. It sent an herd of butterflies stomping through my stomach leaving waste of anything I'd call sanity.
Id brought myself around to say it. And trust me. I've thought about it all enough to know love and when it's real and more then just and bright orange ember. That will eventually die out and it's light will fade.
It's forever. I realize that and I'm not revoking my love. I mean it. To him.
His eyes got big. Clearly he wasn't used to the word. The sentence. Sure, his mom said it to him often enough. But hearing it from the person who wanted eternity with you, that's big.
He stuttered. I wasn't going to push him to say if he didn't feel it. Whichever. He's got just as much right to being happy with anyone he'd like and I won't stop him. Just watch him walk away and wonder of what could have been.
I pulled away and twined my hand with his wrist and skipped merrily up the street. He stumbled along behind me. An blush on his cheeks as he grinned. Following me.
I looked around realizing how many people had been looking. Open mouthed. I recognized one. The lead singer from Operation Ivy. He gave Billie an grin and two thumbs up.
We walked up the street. Billie paused and pulled open and opened the record store door.
Billie was flipping through records again, like last time. I drifted away. Recognizing the cashier from last time.
Jason. I looked up at an picture on the wall. Simply framed. Four people in the picture. What looked like an mother, an father. An son and an daughter. She had long black hair. Dark eyes. Wearing an orange blouse. Something in those eyes was familiar. I knew that much because I saw them in the mirror this morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! :D thought I'd post this one and another tonight ;)