Sequel: Dry Ice

Remember Me

Epilogue

Epilogue. 

It had stopped raining and I drug my Converse through puddle after puddle. Carrying a sleeping Adeline in my arms. My mom stood in the driveway when I arrived. She smiled at me and opened the door for me as I carried her inside and put her in her own bed.

“I wonder if you'll stay here when your parents are back and you have a life to go back to..” I say to her sleeping form. But I suppose that is a question to ask when she is awake. I hope she will stay. Imagine all the adventures just waiting for us. We will be together to face all odds and well be fine. 

“I think she will stay.”

I turn and see Ollie leaning In the doorway. She smiles at me and pulls me into a hug.

“You have done a good job bringing her to life. Do you remember how dead she seemed when she came here?” she asks and I nod. 

“You gave her something to live for. I'm proud of you.” she says.

“That's so cliché mom.” I joke while returning her hug. I can't even remember the last time we hugged.
She laughs in my ear “Well it's true. Now go to bed Mr.” she grinned at me before going to her own room and closing the door. I looked down at Adeline and knelt beside her. Placing a kiss on her temple and whispering I love you. I can only imagine what dad is thinking of all of this. In only two weeks, a woman shaped me from a boy into a man by testing my mental strength. every day for those two weeks, I've never been happier.

Now that's a true the end, Adeline.
♠ ♠ ♠
*sniff* :') I can't believe it's over... Who wants a sequel???? Seriously, I'll do one if you guys want. :D *Please say yes...*

Also here is some extra stuff about the story.

• Before I posted it to Mibba, the original title was called Together It Seems.

• Songs and bands the infulanced these chapters were Evanescence (Loads of Evanescence actually, the cryptic lyrics of My Immortal matched Adeline's confused state) Mötley Crüe. Which songs, Home Sweet Home lyrics appeared in here somewhere. Also the song If I Die Tomorrow for the chapters around when she first meets the Armstrong's. Imagine Dragons Monster, the lyrics describing not fitting in and being an out cast, clearly not accepted, were the inspiration from like chapter three to chapter ten. Iron & Wine's Flightless Bird American Mouth was the inspiration to the dance scene. Imagine Dragons Nothing Left To Say was during Adeline's confrontation with Brad. Of course, Why Do You Want Him during the scenes after the big dinner. Within Temptation's Somewhere was in the chapters where she begins to learn her past. Paramore's Future during this chapter, Billie's epilogue. A Great Big World's Say Something during the scene Billie almost gets hit by a car. And a whole load of 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours in here. If you listen to the songs as you read it almost unlocks more emotion, idk.

• the overall inspiration came from a mere split second idea. And in my original idea for the story, Adeline was going to end up dying in Billie's arms at the dance, cryptic I know! But I got too attached to her to let her go, so yeah, she lives on.

Also! If I do do a sequel, is there any particular things you'd like to see in it? A certain character, song reference or scene you want to happen? Lemme know, don't be like Adeline, you have a voice to tell your opinion. Lol.

Bottom line, thank you all for reading! By the end of this story I have raised 16 Subs, 89 readers and uncountable support. Thank you all!

Humongus thank you to my biggest supporter of this story Crystal2, and dear readers, go check out her story I Was Only Dreaming. It is amazing and if you all don't, I will hunt you down and wake you up in the middle of the night in the creepiest way possible... O.o

Until the next story—

Xoxo