Status: Completed!

Last Seen in San Diego.

Chapter 16

"What do you mean he's gone?" I asked, my voice breaking up a bit. She didn't reply, she just broke into more uncontrollable sobs. Mike continuously rubbed circles on her back. I know it killed him to see her like that. If I wasn't already feeling numb, it probably would've killed me to.

"I'm so sorry Vic. I tried to stop him but I couldn't. I'm so sorry." She cried out, clinging to Mike for dear life.

"Tay, shh it's okay. I know you tried, it's not your fault okay? I'm not mad at you." I reassured her, waiting a few minutes before I asked my follow up question. "Tay, do you have any idea where he could've taken Kellin?" She shook her head no, not even bothering to look me in the eyes.

“I swear to god, whoever the fuck this man is, I’m going to kill him.” Mike muttered to himself. I mentally agreed with him. I wanted nothing more than this man to be found and killed and if I had to be the one to do so, let’s just say I wouldn’t regret anything. I looked over to Alex and Oli, they were both staring at me with tearful eyes. Yes it was possible for guys to feel the need to cry. This situation isn’t a time for trying to remain the manliest man out here. No, this situation was a kill or be killed situation and it was downright terrifying. Who cares if a little bit of tears were shed. I walked over to them, letting Mike and Tay have their moment.

“This is absolutely ridiculous. He’s going to kill us all.” Oli whispered, I could tell he was shivering considering his lack of clothes.

“Listen here Oliver, we are not going to die. Do you understand me? He can severely injure us but there’s no way in hell he will kill us.” I told him, he just shrugged. Was he seriously giving up that easily? I look at Alex, he looks just as surprised as I do.

“Oli, you can’t expect these things to be that easy. He needs to be stopped. Look at what he did to Jack, Jenna, Tay and who knows what he’s doing to Kellin.” Alex explained, making my heart shutter. I can’t imagine exactly what it is that’s happening to Kellin. I don’t want to picture him bloody and beaten like Jack, I don’t want to see him lifeless on the floor. I want to see him smiling, the way he would be when we would have our little moments together. Oli remained silent, so I took the chance to speak again.

“You know, for a best friend, you’re doing a pretty shitty job. If you were in Kellin’s place, he’d probably be fighting through anything to save you. To save anyone in this damn room.” The tone of my voice increasing with each word. I now had the attention of Tay and Mike, who watched in silence. “I’m not stopping until I find my boyfriend. I’ll be sure to tell Kellin his ‘oh so kind’ best friend said bye right after he gave up on trying to look for him. You can go upstairs and join the others now.” His eyes widened in fear. I know I wouldn’t do such a horrible thing, but he’s giving up and we need his help. Wouldn’t it benefit him at all?

“I’m not giving up.” He stated slowly. “I’m just losing hope.” He whispered. I didn’t know how to respond to that, so I didn’t. We all remained silent, well that was until we heard another scream. All of our heads shot to the door, but we didn’t move.

“Tay, let me take you back to the room.” Mike told her, but she refused.

“No, I want to help.” She stated, but Mike wasn’t having any of it.

“No, you’re weak enough. How do you expect me to get the guy if my mind is mainly focused on worrying about you?” He argued back this wasn’t going to end good.

“I know this place more than any of you do. It would take you guys two hours the most, playing hide and go seek before you find where Kellin may be.” She explained, her voice demanding and strict. It was sort of scary to be honest. Tay the sweet innocent girl, taking control of Mike and all of us.

“Okay fine.” Mike huffed, obviously annoyed that he was being shut down.

“Mike, she kind of does have a point. She may not know exactly where Kellin is, but she probably knows where not to go.” I tried explaining to him, but he just shook it off, muttering ‘I know.’ under his breath. I can understand how he feels, he doesn’t want to put his girlfriend in any more danger than she’s already in.

“Okay Tay, where do you suggest we go first?” Alex asked before I got the chance to. Although I did like being in the lead of things, I was going to let Tay take charge. I just want Kellin back. She lifted herself up from the bed, walking towards the door before peeking her head out of the door, looking at both sides before stepping out of the room.

“Let’s head this way.” She says pointing the opposite direction from where we originally came from. “I assume there’s nothing that way, considering that way is where the entrance is.” She said softly, leading the way down the hall. We all followed behind shortly.

“How do you know all of this?” Oli asked her, I nodded as well. I wanted to know how she knew this place so well. Wasn’t she held captive most of the time? Or did he just let them be free and take Kellin? I was knocked back into reality when she started to explain.

“Well Kellin, Jack and I were split up after we were drugged. When I woke up, I went around to look for the others. I roamed the halls a bit, checking every single door that I could. Where is Jack by the way? And Jenna? Did she stay upstairs?” She spoke quickly, causing an immediate silence amongst all of us.

“Oh um, Jack’s upstairs with Jenna. She um, got stabbed pretty badly by the guy when we all split up.” I spoke softly, seeing as if no one else was going to. I felt this immediate wave of guilt wash over me once again. “It was my idea to split up, it’s my fault she got stabbed.” I spoke out, causing them to snap their heads at me. I’m not really one to admit the stuff I’ve done wrong, I’d usually push past it. But I needed to get it off my chest. The guilt was eating me alive, I just didn’t notice until she mentioned it.

“Vic, that doesn’t mean it’s your fault.” Alex spoke, placing his hand on my shoulder. “I mean, I know you will probably still feel like it was, but it wasn’t. She’s with Jack, he won’t let anything else happen to her.” He reassured me, the others nodded along with him. Times like this, I’m glad I was kidnapped in a room filled with caring jackasses.

“Thanks.” I muttered, giving him a sad smile which he returned. We continued walking, we walked in silence and it was mentally fucking me up. We walked into a hall with rooms, we didn’t split up this time, instead we all walked into each room together. Oli grabbed my arm and pulled me to where he was, we stayed in the small corner of the room

“I just noticed something.” Oli whispered to me. The first words he'd spoken to me since the whole ordeal we had in the last room.

“What?” I asked, my voice just as low as his.

“All the people he took were in relationships. Maybe he has a hatred for seeing people happy with someone else.” He stated. I pondered the thought but it only left me more confused.

“That’s not true. I was single, Jenna was single, Tay and Mike were single and so was Kellin. The only one’s who were in relationships were you, Jack and Alex.” I told him, waiting for him to explain.

“No, no that I know. I meant Jack, Tay and Kellin. And the order he took them in, is the order they got together. Jack and Alex were already together, then Tay and Mike got together, then Kellin and you. This doesn’t seem creepy to you at all?” He asked me, after rambling a bunch of facts.

“I mean, it all makes sense. As for creepy, this whole thing is creepy. I just wonder why he took them, and not Alex, Mike and I.” I asked him. It just didn’t make sense why he chose them. Why did he take any of us in the first place?

“What are you guys talking about?” Mike asked, making everyone else stop what they were doing and look at us. Oli basically explained everything he told me, told him his assumptions and waited for their response.

“Holy shit, Oli. I didn’t even realize any of that.” Alex spoke.

“But what does that have to do with him kidnapping us in the first place?” Mike asked. I nodded in agreement.

“I don’t know, I didn’t think that far. I was just talking about the moment now. Damn. get off my back.” He said, faking his anger. We all smiled at him, continuing to walk down the hall until we got to another room that was empty.

“I swear this is the room!” Tay exclaimed. We all looked at her, wondering what she was talking about.

“What room?” I asked.

“When Kellin first got here, we were all chained up as well was he. He unlocked our chains and we wondered around, looking for an exit. We walked into a room, which was this one but it was like his main office I guess. I don’t know it was just really creepy.” She explained. She looked around the room, looking for who knows what.

“Are you sure this is the room?” Alex asked, looking around the empty room. His eyes landed on something, causing him to gasp loudly. We all look at the wall he stared at. It was hard to see because it was dark, but when you looked closely, it was evident.

Written with dried up blood on the wall was 8210424.

I gasped, horrified at the sight. Who’s blood is that? Is it Kellin’s?

“Yep, this is the room. That was here when we first looked.” Tay spoke, shaking her head at the sight. I stared at the numbers, noticing a familiar set.

“That’s my birthday.” I blurted out, their eyes darted towards me. “210, February 10th is my birthday.” I told them, staring at the numbers. “Well maybe, it’s something else too. I mean, I don’t know.” I doubted myself. Shaking it off as paranoia.

“Wait, 424. April 24th, that’s Kellin’s birthday.” Tay spoke, looking at me weirdly. That’s when it hit me, I remember years ago him telling me his birthday in a innocent game of 21 questions.

“It is.” I clarified. “But what’s the 8 for then?” I asked, she just shrugged her shoulders.

“Well maybe it was just some weird coincidence.” Alex suggested, and I agreed.

“Yeah let’s move on please.” I asked as nice as I could. I just wanted to find Kellin. We continued to search around the room, trying to see if there was a door that lead into another room or a closet that had Kellin hidden inside, but there was nothing. Aggravated and disappointed, we turned to leave the room.

“Please, stop. I’m begging you, don’t do this.” A voice screamed, but it seemed so distant. It’s Kellin.

“Shhh.” I hushed everyone, trying to figure out where the distant cries were coming from. I carefully walked around the room, hearing the cries get clearer and louder. Before I knew it, I came crashing to the floor. I was able to hear the cries perfectly now. They were coming from downstairs. I look at what I tripped over, noticing that it was a handle. I slowly pulled myself into a sitting position, motioning them to come over to me.

“Are you okay?” Mike whispered to me. I just nodded, not wanting to talk. I pulled the handle and opened the small little door that laid on the floor, much like the one in the bathroom. There was a small latter on the side, so we climbed down slowly and quietly, one by one. On the other side, there was a door. By now I can hear Kellin’s cries for help as if he was right next to me. I heard a loud slap, followed my Kellin’s cries of pain. That was enough to push me over the edge. Within a second, I pushed the door down, not even bothering to check if it was unlocked. The white light blinded me, but I was still able to see. I gasped in shock, causing Kellin to look at me. The others filed in, shocked at the sight to.

There was Kellin, tied up in a chair. His face bloody and bruised, his shirt off but torso filled with bruises and scratches. My eyes were terrified at the sight.

“Vic!” He cried my name, causing the man to turn around. I was shocked. No, forget that, I was absolutely numb. But somehow, I had the courage to speak the one name I’d never thought I’d have to in this situation.

“Jaime?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy guyss! The moment you've all been waiting for c:

Surprised?

Comments?? Thanks to those amazing people that commented on the last chapter. You guys rock and I love you.

-Lissyc: