Status: Complete

A Case of Unknown Identity

Alvin, Simon and Theodore: A Defenestration Tale

The Weekend after that first week of the tri isn’t all that exciting. The Wi-Fi is thankfully restored still after it had been on Tuesday so he only lives a few days in the dark. He and Watchman have a long conversation where they simultaneously watch a movie together. The movie just so happens to be Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and they give each other their input during the whole movie. Admittedly they do stop to watch the “They’re taking the Hobbits To Isengard” video when that time arises because that’s just video editing at its best.

Eventually the come up to the beautiful monologue given by Sam near the end and have an odd conversation following it.

Jersey-Watchman666: Shit is it sstupid that this fucking scenbe makes me cry everytime?

That_Pansy_Misfit: Dude, me too. I memorizred it, seeen it so damn much.

Jersey-Watchman666: it’s like in the great stories mr. Frodo! godammit u fucker, thsoe stories were beautfiul

That_Pansy_Misfit: I dont think thats in the script

Jersey-Watchman666: screw the script. Throw the whloe script out de window, my verson is better.

That_Pansy_Misfit: u wanna defenestrate the script?

Jersey-Watchman666: defene-what? That sounds dirty

That_Pansy_Misfit: it’s my fav word. means to throw someone or something out the window

Jersey-Watchman666: no way in hell is that a real word. I’m googling it.

Jersey-Watchman666: hold on, googling it. Just a sec

That_Pansy_Misfit: it’s a real word i promise

Jersey-Watchman666: SHIT MAN THAT’S A REAL WORD

Jersey-Watchman666: that’s fucking beautiful. that is. poetry

That_Pansy_Misfit: i told ya

Jersey-Watchman666: no but seriusly think about it. somewhere in some distent fram of past, some guy was siting in his chaiir doing hatever and said “u know what we really need is a word for throwng shit out the window”

That_Pansy_Misfit: thats a beautiful picture

Jersey-Watchman666: oh shit we missed the whole scene tlking abut defenestration

Other than that lively experience Frank had nothing else all that exciting happen. He walks to school, from his mom’s house on Monday morning, after being exchanged once again over the weekend.

Alvin, Simon and Theodore are waiting for him near the school entrance, Theodore’s lounging about in a self-made snow armchair looking disinterested, while Alvin and Simon look ready to beat him up.

“Hey guys? What’s new? Did you steal any candy from babies? Tell a kid Santa isn’t real? Piss in the sandbox?” Frank asks sardonically. Theodore laughs behind him and doesn’t make a move to get up but Alvin and Simon look pretty pissed off.

Theodore kind of just watches impatiently and a little guiltily as his friends punch the poor kid in the nose. He’s never liked seeing the kid get hurt or anything, he actually hates it. His friends like to pick on small kids though, which that kid definitely qualifies for. Theodore’s got a few minutes to wait before they’re done with their fun, leaving the kid on the ground with his blood reddening the snow around him. His two friends just laugh at the crumpled up heap on the ground, clutching his nose which seems to be the only think that’s bleeding, but he’s all soggy and wet now because of the snow. Theodore has been sitting on a coat in his little snow throne so he’s fine but the kid looks soaked.

He starts to wish he knew his name.

Frank also starts to wish he knew Theodore’s name as he’s the only one still standing there after the other two walk away.

“Hey kid, you okay?” he asks Frank. Frank looks at him with a death glare. How can he have the nerve to ask him that after he’d just stood there and let Frank be victimized?

“Yeah fine, no thanks to you,” He pulls himself up but his nose is still bleeding and he has to resort to using his dark black jacket to catching the blood which will definitely stain.

“Sorry kid,” he says, empathetically, but Frank looks madly at him. Sure Theodore may be the nicest of the three, and only ever kicked him a few times ever, but he has the power to stop it completely and doesn’t. That’s what bothers him about the guy. Not that he cares who he is or anything, but if Theodore is going to be friends with two bullies he might as well just be a bully himself. Otherwise it’s pointless.

“Kid? You beat me up for three months and don’t know my name?” Frank asks, very hypocritically. As he said, it’s only been three months so he just hasn’t bothered to learn any of the three’s names but he just assumes they should know his since they pick on him every day. Common courtesy. Know the name of those you bully.

“Uh sorry. It never came up. What is it?”

“Go fuck yourself,” Frank replies to Theodore.

“Okay, well that’s a rather unfortunate title. I’m-“

“I don’t care, just don’t try to talk to me, okay?” Frank says and he storms off leaving Theodore behind him.

Theodore’s name isn’t actually Theodore though, and Frank knows he probably should’ve waited for him to finish his sentence but he decided against it in a split seconds decision.

Frank heads quickly inside the school to grab himself a tissue but doesn’t bother going to the nurse. He’s only been kicked a few times in the leg and got a nose bleed so it isn’t really that big of a deal. His nose isn’t broken either or he’d be able to tell, so he’s fine. He walks into History a little beaten looking with a tissue to his face but once the blood stops he just looks like he fell in a snow drift.

Jazz Band is next and he’s excited to go see Mikey after the weekend. There’s a substitute today, who says blatantly in the first five minutes of the lesson that he knows absolutely nothing about music and can’t tell a tuba from a piccolo, so he sends them off to do whatever.

Mikey sits next to Frank and strums lightly for a few minutes without really looking at him.

“Dude either you had a really messy jelly doughnut for breakfast or there’s blood on your face,” Brendon says coming over to them.

“What? Oh, shit,” Frank says, and rubs his sleeve against the spot Brendon points out, after Mikey’s head jolts upwards to look at him.

“Why are you bleeding?”

Frank shrugs, “I get bloody noses when the air is dry. Nothing glamorous.”

Mikey looks skeptical but accepts the answer anyway.

Brendon starts talking vigorously, and without taking any breaths about the girl he’s crushing on, Sarah, which makes Frank silently, but expectedly swear to himself. Brendon’s straight. Bummer, but oh well. Mikey doesn’t really say much but Frank infers that he’s straight too from the way he talks about a girl whose name Frank wasn’t listening to. Everyone’s gotta be straight apparently! He wasn’t really attracted to Mikey anyway though, so he doesn’t care.

On his way to lunch Frank gets held up by his three favorite people in the world, Alvin, Simon and Theodore. Apparently he didn’t get enough of a wailing earlier, but he has recovered from it pretty much, so maybe he actually didn’t get enough of a wailing earlier.

“Sup skank-leach,” Alvin says. Does he just combine a synonym for whore with any noun he can think of? Seriously twat-breath and now skank-leach? Next Frank will be called something like Slut-turtle, or bitch-hairdryer.

Frank sighs contemptuously and says, “What’s been planned for me this time? Public humiliation? Painful evisceration? Passionate defenestration?”

For some odd reason that doesn’t make sense to Frank or the other two, Theodore jumps at his words. He recovers himself quickly and looks at Frank with an heir of confusion and something else that he doesn’t quite understand.

“What’s defenestration?” Theodore asks eventually.

Frank smiles at the question remembering his conversation with Watchman that took place just last night. It’s actually because of Watchman that the word came so abruptly to his mind.

“It means to throw someone or something out the window,” Frank replies smartly, feeling better than Theodore.

Frank’s never really looked at the three of them before. They’re all standing in front of him far enough away for him to evaluate their appearances quickly. Alvin has long greasy blonde hair and sturdy eyebrows, Simon has dirty-blonde, almost brown hair that looks too straight and short on his head. Then there’s Theodore who doesn’t really look like the other two. Most of his clothes are black and his skin is paler than the other two. He’s wearing mascara but not nearly as much as Pete. Frank guesses he can get away with it because, and only because, he’s got a lot of credibility at this school. The thing that stands out most about Theodore that Frank feels stupid to have never noticed is his red hair. We’re not talking just any old red hair, like a ginger, we’re talking Fire Engine red. Clifford the Big Red Dog Red. Really really red.

He’s actually pretty hot too, but Frank doesn’t dwell on this too much, as his head is slammed into the locker door after a few seconds.

Theodore speaks up quickly and says, “come on man, just don’t. We’ll be late for lunch!”

Frank rolls his eyes. Theodore probably feels guilty after their talk this morning. What a hypocrite he’s turning out to be.

“Whatever,” Alvin says and Frank watches them as they walk away down the hall to lunch. The look on Theodore’s face as he walks away from Frank is one he can’t describe. It’s just so weird and he’s never seen anyone look close to the way he looks at Frank right now.

It’s like a combination of sympathy, grief, guilt and something a lot like longing.