Status: Love always

The Well Awaited Kiss

Month 2: baby are we through??

(y/n) POV

Getting through the first month with sidney was a huge challenge and month two could not have come any faster. Having 2 more surgeries since his accident, Sidney's face was almost back to normal, no one was more thankful then I was.

I was exhausted to say the least. I had to cook clean work and care for sidney with no help at all. I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off, I hadn't so much as seen or heard from any of my friends or family either. Yes I love sidney with all my heart and I would spend the rest of my life caring for him if I had to but I felt like I had aged 5 years in just one month.

Sidney could now get back on the ice for morning skates with minimum amount of contact especially in the upper neck and face area. He was starting to eat and drink again on his own on occasion but most of the time I still needed to help him.

As I walked in to the apartment after a long days work I kicked off my heels and checked my phone to see a missed text from my best friend

(Y/f/n): heeey girly where u been??? How's sid the kid doing ?? Anyways girls night tonight at Johnny rockets at 6!!! Be there or be square ;)

I laughed and quickly replied that id be happy to come and I couldn't wait to see everyone and have a delicious burger from Johnny's. That little dinner brought back so many memories.

Sidney's POV

I later on the couch watching tv with an ice pack on my face. I was pissed off to say the least. Practice was horrible and geno put a thought into my head which nearly killed me and I didn't want to accept it but I couldn't resist not fearing it was true.

While doing a drill he proposed the thought that (y/n) was cheating on me. As far as I knew for the past month all she did was work and care for me but what if all those extra hours at the law firm really weren't spent there? Maybe there was someone else. Maybe she was tired of caring for broken face crosby and needed a well awaited kiss. I was angry. I knew it couldn't be true but geno made a good point I guess I would just have to talk to (y/n)

Just then she walked through the door......
"Hey sweetie" she said

She walked over to the couch, kissed the top of my head and sat down, man she was beautiful.

"How was your day ?" I asked . "Good, listen sid I made plans for tonight to catch up with some people I want to make sure your gonna be okay with me leaving for a while, if you need me I'll stay no problem, just I really think I need tonight" she replied

That's when I lost it

"You know what, fine, go and leave me, I know what you've been up to heck we all no and I can't believe geno of all people had to get me to realize it" I spat back. She looked really confused

"Baby what are you talking about?", "all I've been doing is taking care of you and working like a madwoman"

"Really (y/n) do you really think i don't know what "working" really means, yeah it's been hard for both of us but how could you cheat on me!"

"CHEAT", "sidney crosby are you out of your friggen mind. I am completely in love with you so much so I haven't even looked at another man the way I look at you, I've been working overtime because I've been trying to fit in a small case your agent wanted me to look into about when you got injured being intentional"

She then opened up her brief case and pulled out a thick white binder labelled nhl crosby case.

"Sid i can't believe that you'd think of cheat, I devote my life to you, do you know how hurt I get when you leave me on your away trips yet I'm always waiting here when you get back to love you unconditionally," " I can't believe you right now" she said sadly

"Well," I stuttered, I felt so bad, she probably Hates me right now. "I figured you were because...." "Because what sidney?" She cut me off and asked

"Because we haven't kissed or had sex in two months and thought you may not have cheated I almost did " with that I started crying

"Why sidney, please tell me why?" She now looked like she was gonna cry.

"Amy(my ex) came by while you were at work one day to see how I was feeling it was out of the blue and I swear she was drunk" " she tried kissing me and then stripped and teased me, I tried to be strong" I looked up to see her face burried in her hands tears running down her cheeks.

"I got her out before anything happened but i just can't shake that I almost did it, I'm so so so sorry (y/n) I love you and I promise we can get through this together"

"We, what we ?" Now she was angry. "You know what, tonight may be just what I need" with that she got up and left.

I continued to cry, I went in my pocket and pulled out the ring which was supposed to be on (y/n)'s finger right now. We were supposed to be planning the wedding and the rest of our lives together. Instead I was a coward and now were at rock bottom

And it's my fault.