Status: Some updates maybe right away or some will come slow. Depends how good my creative muses are too me so please bare you beautiful people!

Broken

Bittersweet Reunion

The hour and a half drive to Cleveland wasn't long enough for Kayla even though for Aubree it seemed to be taking an eternity! It seemed like every 5 minutes she was asking the same thing! "We see daddy yet?" She questioned from the back seat while kicking her legs back and forth in her booster seat. Kayla would answer back automatically with the same thing. "Baby we will be there soon just be patient". Well now they were finally here! She pulled into the Hyatt Regency hotel and she was now letting some valet park her jeep. Of course an Anniversary present from Adam.

He had texted her earlier this morning. He was staying at the Hyatt Regency penthouse suite 1642. He told her just to walk right into the hotel and jump onto the elevator and he would greet her right at the opening on the Penthouse floor. That way she didn't have to deal with any of the hotel staff. He knew how much she hated doing that. Every time they had traveled together no matter what the occasion be Adam always made his assistant Sean deal with all of that.

Kayla looked at the bouncing 2 year old in her arms. To say she was excited was an undersatement. This little girl was overly excited and too the max! "Well toots are you ready to see your daddy finally?" Kayla asked looking down at her daughter in her arms. "Yep take me to my daddy!" Aubree says jumping up and down in her arms. "Well then lets get this over with" Jade said opening the door for them and they walked right past the Hotel desk staff and straight to the elevators. Before they even stepped on Kayla sent Adam a quick text.

~Arrived safe and sound! Aubree is bouncing off the walls! Getting on the elevator now. See you in 5. -Kayla-

Right after she sent the text they loaded up onto the elevator. "Ooooh me press da button" Aubree said trying her best to wiggle out of her mothers arms. "Fine but we need this big shiny button right here" Kayla said pointing to the button. Aubree acted like it was a science. She wanted to press the button just perfectly. Kayla laughed as she stuck her tongue out and took her small thumb and pressed the button. Kayla took a deep breath in finding herself on the verge of a panic attack.

Kayla just wanted to get this over with. Like ripping a band aid off a fresh wound and watching it bleed all over again. She just wanted this done with! Why the hell was this elevator taking so damn long?! She wondered to herself. Finally the elevator dinged and the doors opened.

There he stood. Adam was dressed in his usual jeans and white t shirt. Except at this point he had on a gray Cardagin or what people called his "Grandpa Sweater". He had visible stubble like he hadn't even bothered to shave and his hair lacked the usual product he doused it in normally. Truth be told Kayla thought he looked absolutely perfect "The Adam" she once prefered.

He clapped his hands once and then spread his arms out. "Come here smoochie" He said with a smile and showing his one dimple. For Aubree that's all it took and she was making a flying leap from her mommy's arms into her daddy's waiting ones. Aubree wrapped her little arms around his neck and smiled up at him. She reminded Adam so much of her mom it was unreal. "Me issed you" Aubree says looking up at him. "Where you go" Aubree started flying off with all kinds of questions. Some Adam didn't know if he wanted to explain to a 2 year old. Some questions he didn't know how she could even be asking. He carried her down the hall to his suite with Kayla and Jade following behind him.

"Look he has Bree now if we want to split well if you want to split now is our chance" Jade told her looking at her best friend since 8th Grade. She had been worried about Kayla since all of this had begun. "No I can't leave not till after this stupid concert is done with I have to keep an eye on Bree. I already told him I would." Kayla said looking at Jade.

She just hoped for herself that she was able to make it through without any major melt downs because at this point that was the last thing she needed.

Once they were all inside the suite Jade shut the door behind them. Kayla looked and saw the rest of Maroon 5 spread out on couches a recliner and James was laying across Adam's very large bed.

Look who finally decided to show up and now the show can go on" Adam said playfully as he begin to playfully shake Aubree all over the place and irrupt into a loud fit of giggles. Then of course Aubree demanded to be put down so she could go look around the huge place. "Down now" She said looking at Adam and all he could do was oblige.

Jade flopped down onto the bed beside James. "Jesus" Jade said snatching the pillow from his head and using it to lay at the opposite end of him. "Jade" James managed to speak out. Everyone in the room knew that while Adam and Kayla were together anytime Jade went out to California to see her best friend Jade and blonde haired Jesus would hook up it wasn't some major secret. Neither were just ready to be tied down and for some reason they acted like not everyone knew.

Adam saw them stretched out on his California King bed and placed his hands over his face hoping to block out the words he was about to say from Aubree's little ears. "Please don't have sex on my bed!" Adam yelled through his hands. "Heard that Levine!" Jade yelled. "Good you were meant too Adam said flopping down on the love seat beside Mickey and pulling Aubree down into his lap. Then he looked up at Kayla. He could just tell that she didn't want to be here right now. "You can sit down ya know" Adam said pulling his I phone out and handing it to Aubree who was demanding it so she could play on an App he had downloaded for her.

Kayla only spoke again when she knew that Aubree was distracted and doing something. "Actually I was hoping to talk to you in private about a few things". Adam stood up was this the talk he had been waiting on? Was this the talk where all his questions were finally going to get answered. "Uh yeah we can talk" Adam tells her. "James give me your room key and watch Aubree." James tossed over his key card. "Now don't go creating new little Levine's where I have to lay my head tonight" James told him. Adam made sure that Aubree wasn't looking before he flipped off James and then walked out the door.

Once out the door they walked across the hall to James room and Adam let Kayla in first before shutting the door behind them. Kayla took a seat on the leather couch and Adam took a seat across from her volunteering to sit on a ottoman so he could face her. "So what did you want to talk about?" Adam asked her.

Kayla let the breath out that she didn't even realize she had been holding and then she reached into her purse pulling out the freezer bag that had recently accumilated alot more things of what Adam had given her. She then placed into his hands.

"What the hell is this shit?" Adam said opening the clear bag to look at it. He then immediately realized it was stuff that he had bought or just flat out given to her. "Stuff that belongs to you" Kayla said answering his question as if he was slow or something. Adam emptied out the bag in front of him and began searching through it. "No this stuff doesn't belong to me this stuff belongs to you" I gave it to you" Adam says looking at her. "Your supposed to keep it" He adds looking at her dead in the eyes. " No Adam were done I just I wouldn't feel right keeping it just please take it freaking back."

Are you fucking insane?" Adam asked looking at her. "I don't want this stuff back I gave it to you, I got it for you freaking keep it!" Kayla just shook her head. "Adam just take the shit back please!" Adam stood up and rubbed his hands across his face. "So let me get this straight everything I have gave to you want me to take it back?" Well I gave you Aubree you want to give her away too"? " Want me to take her back to California with me?!" Adam was beyond pissed at this point and Kayla at this point had no clue what to say.

Adam looked at her. "You know what Kayla right now just go home" I will let Sean keep Aubree while I'm on stage tonight. "Just fucking go home!" I will bring Aubree to you at 6:00 Sunday night before I go to the airport. Just fucking leave!" That's what your best at anyways" He walked out slamming the door behind him making Kayla jump at the noise.

This was not what she had planned.