The Only Hope for Me Is You

Please Don't Look For Another Way

"Leave Mikey alone.. Please.. He doesn't need this."
"HE RUINED MY SON'S LIFE."
"HE IS YOUR SON."
"No.. I only have one son."
Her words hit me like a wall. Guilt, despair and dread built up in my stomach and I gripped my dad's shirt. I was going to be sick. He must have guessed from my pale face and carried me to my bathroom, helping my lean over the toilet. My breathing increased, I could barely inhale and then it hit. The bile poured out of my mouth and I choked. I clawed at my chest and my father unbuttoned my shirt, rubbing it to try and help me. He reangled my head a little better and I coughed up what ever was in my throat.
"Let the little twat die."
"GET OUT. IF YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD THAT OUR SON WAS PROVOKED THEN PACK AND LEAVE."
"I'll be taking my son."
"YOU CAN LEAVE BOTH OF MY SONS HERE YOU FUCKING BITCH. GET OUT!"
I gripped the toilet and shook. I didn't like hearing Daddy shouting. He tightened his arms around me as I whimpered.
"Let's get you cleaned up and back to bed."

~~~~~~~~

~~~Gerard's POV~~~

Dad walked into my room and I looked up at hm.
"Gee.. I know you're mad about all this but I need your help with Mikey.. He can't do anything. He's completely dependant."
"More so than me?"
"He can't walk, speak, he can't eat by himself.. Nothing."
I nodded and settled back down to my sketchbook.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~Mikey's POV~~~

I lay in bed clutching my duvet. I reached over and pressed the buzzer on my night side table and waited for my Dad to come. I couldn't hear him walking and I whimpered. I pressed it numerous times before the door opened. I looked up to see Gerard. I cowered, preparing myself for another guilt trip.
"Can't sleep Mikes?"
I slowly shook my head. He wheeled himself over to the bookshelf and came back with The Hobbit. He sat so I could see the book. He begun to read it, running his finger under the words as he said them. I struggled to murmur along with him.
"Come on Mikes... Bilbo."
"B- Bil- Bilbo."
Gee grinned at me.
"There you go."
I giggled and he wrapped his arm around me, reading to me until I fell asleep.