Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 27

Autumn gasped as her neck slowly went back into place groaning she opened her eyes to find herself suspended upside down. She tried moving only to find her hands bound and her legs tied from the ceiling.

She was also naked she started moving looking to her right she stopped seeing two lifeless bodies suspended from the ceiling.

They had bowls under them that were filled with blood they also had a deep gash in their necks.

She stopped moving hearing footsteps approach Autumn looked to see Shadows appear from the darkness carrying a bowl. He walked over and set it under her head coming face to face with her.

"You know Autumn maybe this thing you call revenge is a story you're telling yourself." He said. "Maybe you're using that as an excuse to become what you really are which is one of us."

"I'm not like you." She said.

"Don't you think we all were scared and confused at first at what we've become?" He asked.

"I'm not like you or your kind." She repeated.

"Maybe if you keep saying that you'll be able to convince yourself." Shadows said.

"You're fucking insane." She said.

"Me and you have very different definitions of what insane is." He said. "My definition of insanity is someone who views a gift as a curse instead of embracing their gift and what they are."

"That's where you're favorite word choice comes into play." Shadows said. "I choose to experience all the world's wonders and embrace what I am in exchange for a few meaningless lives."

"These perverts, hookers, horny party hard college students, delinquents, and so on aren't gonna be missed by anybody Autumn." Shadows said.

"Autumn Chandler you can either give in or die cause you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't." He said. "Either way you're fucked."

"I rather be damned if I don't." Autumn said glaring.

"Very well." Shadows said pulling out a scalpel. "You know Michelle said there was something special about you she was wrong." "You came all this way just to die again."

He grabbed her head Autumn screamed as he slashed her neck making her bleed out.

"You're not like them Autumn you know that." Sita said. "You have a gift but you have to find it and use it."

Autumn's eyes slowly opened as she heard footsteps approaching.

"Dixon?" She whispered.

He put a finger over his lips gesturing for her to be quiet as he came over.

"Am I dead?" She asked.

"Don't know how or what's the answer to that." Daryl said reaching for his knife.

"You're dead Dixon I saw you." She said.

"I'm a redneck from Georgia who spent most his life hunting and being shot at a bullet ain't shit to me now stay quiet." He said.

Daryl took off his best laying it down on the floor then stood up cutting her roped hands. He reached up removing her tied ankles from a hook hanging from the ceiling.

He took her in his arms and laid her on his vest. "Where's Piper?" She asked weakly.

"Little ass kicker's okay found her in a cabinet." He said. "She ain't been bitten."

Autumn smiled weakly as Daryl took something from his jacket.

"You're not healing." He said pulling a towel out and tying it around her neck to stop the bleeding.

"Haven't fed in hours so my body's not strong enough too." Die said as he sat her up.

"Alright someone's heard all the ruckus over here and called the cops help's on the way." Daryl said.

"I didn't come this far just to walk away." Autumn said.

"You can't even fucking walk Autumn." Daryl said helping her stand.

"I'm not leaving till I kill that bastard." She said.

"Where's your weapons at?" Daryl asked.

"Don't know don't care." She said snatching herself out his grip and falling.

Daryl peeked around a corner his crossbow raised as he carried Autumn over his shoulder. He walked down the hallway looking in each room he passed.

He walked into a room and set Autumn on the floor. "Stay with me please." He said lightly slapping her face.

"You really can't save her you know." A voice said.

Daryl looked up as Shadows kicked him in the face. Before he could recover Shadows grabbed him by his shirt slamming him against the wall.

"I remember you now you're that redneck from three years ago." Shadows said. "I murdered that little family of yours."

He grabbed Daryl throwing him over a table. "This is so ironic you know." Shadows said then yelled as Daryl kicked him in the leg.

Daryl grabbed his shirt and started punching him. He gasped as Shadows grabbed his fist making him punch himself then threw him across the room.

Daryl looked at Autumn who was slumped down blinking. "By the way that little girl of yours tasted absolutely delightful."

"What was her name?" Shadows asked then snapped his fingers. "Sophia wasn't it?"

"Don't you fucking say her name!" Daryl yelled shooting him three times in the chest.

"Get up Autumn." She told herself.

Daryl punched Shadows hitting him in the face with his crossbow.

Shadows grabbed his crossbow and swung him around till he let go throwing Daryl across the room.

"Get up!" Autumn said to herself again and sat up.

She glanced over seeing her discarded clothes which had the serum in sight. Autumn stumbled up and stumbled over falling on her knees.

She turned as Daryl started gasping as Shadows tied a rope around his neck. Autumn crawled over grabbing her clothes.

"All this time you searched for me to avenge the deaths of your wife and daughter." Shadows said as he strangled Daryl. "You couldn't save them from me then you couldn't even avenge them and save yourself."

"Let him go." A voice said making Shadows turn.

"Sita was right about you when she said you'd never be a true leader cause you don't pay attention." Autumn said.

Daryl headbutted Shadows making him let go. He got Shadows in a chokehold and with a thrust he pushed Shadows onto an arrow that was stuck in the wall.

Shadows gasped his fangs coming forward as he grabbed the arrow. "This the best you can do?" He asked with a laugh.

"Shadows." Autumn said getting his attention.

He turned as Autumn jabbed two syringes into his eyes injecting him with the blue and purple liquids. Shadows screamed as he started sizzling and the liquids went throughout his body.

Autumn grabbed a scythe Shadows head went up in her direction as she swung the scythe taking his head off as it exploded. Soon his bubbling body exploded sending his entrails and blood all over the place.

Daryl glanced at Autumn who started gasping he caught her as she fell to the floor.

"You're gonna be alright Autumn." He said. "I'm gonna take care of you."

"No I meant what I said when I don't wanna live like this." She said grabbing a stake from her jacket. "I can't live unless I kill and I can't live like that."

"Autumn I can't do it." He said.

"Yes you can just don't think." She said.

Tears filled his eyes as he leaned down Autumn cupped his cheek as he pressed his lips to hers. As they pulled away she wiped his tears away.

"I love you woman fangs and all." He said.

"I love you too you redneck." Autumn said managing a weak smile.

She smiled again hearing a cooing noise and looked over seeing two small hands coming from a box.

"You better take good care of little asskicker." She said.

Daryl picked her up carrying her over to Piper. Autumn smiled at the eyes looking back at her. Piper babbled and giggled at her making her laugh.

Daryl took Piper out the box putting her in Autumn's outstretched arms. Autumn cradled the small baby who meant so much to her.

"You be a good girl and take care of Daryl cause he can't do it himself." Autumn said making Daryl huff.

Piper reached up her small hand wiping Autumn's tears. "Thanks sweetheart." Autumn said then started rocking Piper in her arms as she hummed.

Autumn held a finger out which Piper wrapped her hand around as her eyes became heavy. Eventually the baby fell asleep Autumn kissed her forehead before handing her to Daryl.

She held the stake out Daryl took it holding her close. "You sure you want this?"

"Yes." She whispered. "Please do it."

Daryl kissed her forehead as Autumn interlaced their fingers as he brought the stake to her chest. He stopped feeling the tip hit her chest.

He felt her nod Daryl with her hand still around his brought the stake forward.

Autumn gasped as it penetrated her heart she looked at Daryl she smiled weakly as she faded away her eyes closing as she felt peace.