Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 3

It seemed like forever till Autumn blinked breaking her trace from the dark shades looking at her.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." The guy said.

"It's okay no harm done." Autumn said walking pass him.

"Wait." He said making her stop. "I didn't get your name."

"It's Autumn." She said walking away.

"Autumn such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." The guy said from behind her.

Autumn took a breath and turned. "You use that line with all the women?"

The guy grinned. "Just the ones I'm interested in."

"Well I'm not interested." She said and walked away.

"I've offended you." He said making Autumn turn. "I do apologize I won't bother you again." "Enjoy the party."

Autumn sighed. "Wait." She said making the guy turned around.

"You don't need to apologize." She said. "It is I who should apologize to you for being rude and unfriendly."

He grinned. "I don't consider it rude I consider it someone who has a lot of fire and spunk in her."

Autumn laughed softly. "So how are you enjoying the party?"

"It's okay we've thrown better." He said.

"We?" Autumn asked. "You must be one of Brian's friends."

"You're correct." He said with a grin. "My name is Shadows but you can call me Matt."

"Nice to meet you Matt." Autumn said blushing as he kissed her hand.

"It's nice to meet you Autumn." He said. "Are you here with anyone?"

"My friend Becca who's dancing with Brian and that tall guy." She said.

Matt looked over to the three. "That's another friend of ours his name is Rev but we call him Jimmy."

"Synyster Gates, Shadows, Rev?" Autumn said. "So are some strange names."

Matt grinned. "We get that all the time." "So you want a drink?"

"I can't cause someone has to stay sober to get me and Bec home." Autumn said. "I'm usually the one who has too."

"You're not her mom or anyone's mom therefore you don't have too." Matt said.

"I know but Bec's my best friend like a sister to me and I want to make sure she's okay and gets home safe." Autumn said.

"You're so caring and responsible." Matt said. "Those are rare qualities to find nowadays."

"I guess that makes me unique and different then." She said with a smile.

"It does." He said. "Would you like to go inside?"

"Inside?" Autumn asked the feeling coming back she then glanced at Becca.

"You're not her mom Autumn." He said. "Becca's old enough to take care of herself and be responsible for herself." "Don't let her ruin your fun."

Autumn thought about it was true every time her and Becca went to a party she was so worried about Becca's well being that she didn't really had fun.

"Okay." Autumn said and allowed herself to be lead inside.

Matt lead her through the patio door and pass the party goers.

"Shadz where you going?" A guy with hair that fe in his face and snakebites asked.

"Just showing a guest something." He said.

The guy grinned then looked at Autumn making her uncomfortable. "Have fun." He said before walking away.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"That's Vengeance or Zacky he's another friend." Matt said leading her upstairs.

Autumn let herself be lead upstairs normally she'd be wondering why she was doing this but for some reason she didn't question it.

Matt lead her down a hallway and opened a door to his right. He lead her in shutting the door behind him.

Autumn walked to the window looking at the gorgeous view of the landscape. From here she could see all the trees, neighboring houses, and lights from the city.

She was too busy admiring the view she didn't notice he had walked up behind her till she felt his breath on her shoulder.

Autumn started to turn around but he held her in place making her gasp. Her breath hitched as his cool fingers ran up her bare shoulder and down her arm.

"You're hands are cold." She whispered.

He chuckled softly. "I'm cold but you're so warm."

"Please...

Her words were cut off as Matt began kissing her shoulder. She gasped softly as his kisses went to her neck. He bit down softly making her moan.

Matt pushed her hair to the side giving him better access to her neck. He pressed more kisses to her pulse feeling her body shake softly from it.

Hearing Autumn's labored breathing Matt's eyes focused on her vein. His mouth watered seeing the blood cells racing through her.

Placing another kiss on her neck Matt tilted his head back as his fangs came down. Just as he was about to bite...

He was stopped by a hard kick to his manhood. Matt stumbled back holding himself seeing the angry expression on Autumn's face.

She said nothing but pulled her hair back where it was and walking quickly to the door and walked out the room.

"Who the hell does he think he is?" Autumn thought as she walked downstairs. "He almost got me he thought he had me but he was wrong."

She walked out the patio door seeing Becca still dancing with Brian, Jimmy, and a short guy with a Mohawk.

Autumn walked over grabbing her arm. "Come on Bec we're going home."

"Why?" Becca asked.

"Cause I'm tired and I want too." Autumn said not telling her the real reason she wanted to go home.

"Well I'm not tired and I want to stay." Becca said.

"Please Becca something's not right about this place." Autumn said.

"You're so paranoid and you're not my mother Autumn." Becca said with a tone. "If you want to go home cause you don't wanna have fun that's fine but I'm not going."

"Becca...

"I said no!" She yelled. "I'm not going with you."

"Fine." Autumn said frustrated. "I'm not coming to pick you up at five in the morning."

"No one asked you too," Becca said dancing with the guys again.

Autumn gave her friend a look before leaving walking through the house and out the front door.

"She wants to stay that's find let her make a fool of herself." Autumn said as she got in the car and drive away.

Little did she know that would be the last time she would see Becca alive.