Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 8

Autumn sat up on the stretcher and slowly looked around at her surroundings.

As then glanced down at her nude body seeing the bite mark on her thigh. She touched it and when she did a flashback came of Rev biting her thigh.

She gasped removing her fingers from the mark. Getting up she walked to the mirror. Her eyes widen at her appearance.

She was deathly pale. Her blonde hair was a darker shade then it was. Her lips appeared to have a natural red hue. Lastly her green eyes were luminescent almost like cat eyes.

Her attention was brought to the bite marks on her body. She touched one of her wrist she gasped as a flashback came of Zacky covering her mouth and biting her.

Lastly she touched the mark on her neck flashed of Matt quickly went through her head. She gasped opening her eyes and touched the mirror not believing what had happened to her.

Autumn was brought out this by the sound of a frequency above her. She looked up realizing it was coming from the light bulbs.

Not only could she hear this she could hear the sound of a toilet flushing, people talking, and the sound of beating heartbeats.

"Have to get out of here." She said walking to a cabinet and opening it.

She took one of the coroners uniforms dressing in it before making her way to the door. Opening the door she poked her head out finding nobody in sight.

Walking out she walked with her back against the wall and looked around the corner. Seeing no one she walked down the hallway and out a side door not noticing a figure watching her.

Autumn walked out the alley and into the sidewalk. As she walked a loud drumming noise hit her ears. She stumbled slightly and rubbed her head before walking again.

As she walked she winced as the sun hit her eyes making them burn. She walked over to a nearby street vendor who was selling sunglasses. She snatched a pair while he wasn't looking and continued walking.

She gasped and stumbled against a wall as the sound came again. Her breathing became heavy as her eyes focused on the walking people's pulses. The sound she was hearing was their heartbeats.

Autumn grabbed her head and grunted as she felt something sliding from her gums. She felt them gasping as she felt two fangs.

"Miss are you okay?" A man asked stopping.

Autumn looked up holding her mouth as her eyes fixated on his pulse. With a gasp she pushed him away before running down the sidewalk.

Eventually Autumn slowed down and stopped. She looked around and found herself outside a homeless shelter. She didn't know what but something compelled her to go inside.

Walking inside she walked into the room where the beds were.

There were homeless people of all ages sleeping or lying on them. Autumn walked down a row looking at them she stopped in front of a bed that had an elderly man who was coughing and wheezing.

He grabbed at his heart as he coughed again before stopping.

"He's dying." She said before looking around and grabbing a nearby pillow.

She quietly walked over and squatted next to him. The man coughed again before opening an eye seeing Autumn. He started to speak...

Autumn quickly covered his face as he feebly tried to fight back.

She applied more pressure laying her upper body on the pillow until his hands stopped trashing.

She removed the pillow and gasped seeing his lifeless face. "God." She said as she started to blink back tears. She fell to her knees sobbing softly.

As she cried she looked at his arm which was hanging off the side of the bed. His blood was still warm. Autumn licked her lips and grabbed his arm turning it revealing his vein.

Squeezing it her fangs came down. Her tears came back as she bit into the skin ripping it open with her teeth. She covered the wound with her mouth drinking the blood.

Autumn was far away as the blood rushed through her. Through her hazy vision she saw a small face sit up in bed and look at her.

Her eyes widen and locked with the young boy. Pulling her mouth off the wound she wiped her face before running out the room.

Walking out the homeless shelter Autumn thought about what she had just done before bending over as she threw up the blood.

Gasping she ran from the shelter coming to a pay phone. She dialed a number.

"Hello?" A voice said.

"Mom it's me Autumn." She said.

"Autumn?" Her mom said sounding distressed. "Is it you?"

"Mom you who taking too?" Autumn's younger sister Sandy asked.

"A woman who sounds like Autumn." Her mom said with hope in her voice.

"It's not her mom she's dead." Sandy said taking the phone. "We had to identify her body this morning remember?"

Before Autumn could answer the phone was hung up and she got a dial tone. She listened to the tone as tears flowed down her face. She hung it up before exiting the phone booth.

Autumn stood on a bridge that was being renovated she looked at the rushing traffic below. As she looked images of her being kidnapped, held captive, seeing Becca's head, her rape and eventually murder flashed through.

Glancing again at the traffic Autumn sat on the railing off the bridge.

The final image of Matt finishing her his bloody smirk on his face flashed as Autumn threw herself off the bridge.