Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Ten: Figuring Things Out

"Alright, that's a wrap!" the photographer yelled, making everyone on set clap and yell happily. Sam let out a relieved sigh followed with a grin. She walked over to the photographer and gave him a hug, "It was a pleasure working with you!" she smiled. The photographer shot her a thumbs up, "And with you too, mon chérie." he smiled. Sam grinned and walked over to the Chanel representative. "Great job, Ms. Castillo! We'll see you again in three weeks in time for the launching of the perfume." she said. Sam nodded with a grin and shook her hand. "See you!"

Sam ran over to the dressing room and quickly changed out of her outfit and into her street clothes. It had been a long and tiring day and Sam was looking forward to go back to her hotel and have a nice relaxing bath. She was heading back to Barcelona the next day. Sam sighed when her mind wandered over to Cesc. She could only imagine how he must be feeling. Sam left when he was still asleep but she remembered to leave a note and the extra key card in case he left and wanted to come back.

She didn't know what his plan was. After all, he lived with Daniella, Maria and Joseph in Barcelona. He couldn't just kick them out like that. Sighing, Sam grabbed her bag and left the studio.

-

Sam furrowed her brows when she heard sad Spanish songs playing from the living room. She walked over to the living room and sighed sadly when she saw Cesc laying down on the bed with his forearm over his eyes. His chest was rising and falling slowly and Sam nearly felt her heart break when she heard him sniffle. Setting her bag down on the love seat, Sam walked over to him and knelt down next to him.

"Cesc?" she whispered. Cesc sniffled again and took his arm off his face. He sat up and shot Sam a sad smile. "Hey…" he rasped out, "Sorry. I didn't know where else to go. Do you mind if I stay here?" he asked. Sam shook her head and sat down beside him. "It's fine, Cesc. How are you feeling?"

The footballer sighed and shrugged, "Not so great. I mean, I gave her everything and she threw it all away." Sam frowned and leaned in to give him a hug. "It's going to be okay, there are plenty of other fishes in the sea." Sam assured him. Cesc sighed and hugged Sam tightly. "Yeah, thanks Sammy."

Sam smiled and pulled away from him. She leaned on his shoulder like they used to do as kids, "I'm going back home tomorrow. You coming?" she asked him. She looked up at him and he nodded sadly, "Yeah, there's nothing left for me to do here," he sighed, "I got my clothes from Dani's hotel already. I'll buy a ticket." he said, grabbing his phone from the coffee table.

Cesc frowned as he purchased his ticket. He didn't know how he was going to get through this, but he was glad that he had Sam to support him. Sam frowned and bit her lip, "What are your plans when we get back home?" she asked.

Cesc shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I could crash in Geri's place." Cesc murmured, punching in his credit card number. Sam winced, knowing that he couldn't stay there forever - or at least until Daniella moved out. "You could…um," Sam trailed off, hoping that this was a good idea. "You could stay at my place if you want to. I have a spare room, if you want to."

Cesc smiled at Sam and nodded. "Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother."

Sam nodded and offered Cesc a smile. "I don't mind, Cesc."

Cesc sighed in relief and gave Sam a small hug, thankful that after all they've been through, Sam was still there for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx